2022 Hyundai Staria MPV

Message added by BabyBlade,

Calling all potential MPV buyers, in the sea of SUVs and Crossover, MPV is not dead yet... [bounce2]

@Ct3833 @Atrecord @Enye @Hamburger @Heartlander @fitto77 @Fat_slayer @mersaylee

mp210-39962-246096.jpg

mp210-39962-246097.jpg

mp210-39962-246099.jpg

mp210-39962-246100.jpg

mp210-39962-246101.jpg

Hyundai Motor Offers First Peek at STARIA, New MPV with Premium and Futuristic Design

Hyundai’s new MPV model is equipped with futuristic design cues and space innovation providing premium in-car experience

SEOUL, March 11, 2021 - Hyundai Motor Company today unveiled the teaser images of STARIA, the brand’s new multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) lineup. The images show the STARIA Premium, a high-end variant of STARIA standard model.

The STARIA name combines ‘star’ and ‘ria’ , in reference to the vehicle’s future-oriented product values and streamlined design characteristics defined by one curve gesture silhouettes as well as clean and pure body volume.

STARIA reflects Hyundai’s commitment to lead the future mobility industry as a Smart Mobility Solution Provider, under the brand’s vision of ‘Progress for Humanity.’ STARIA is equipped with various driver-centric features and futuristic design elements that deliver new experiences for drivers and passengers that make time in transit more productive and worthwhile.

STARIA offers a strikingly futuristic and mysterious exterior, resembling a spaceship. The front is highlighted by a long, horizontal daytime running light and headlamps positioned underneath. The spaceship vibe is echoed by its expansive panoramic windows and lower belt lines, underscoring the openness of the interior. The height of the cabin is also optimized for premium comfort and convenience, making it ideal for both business and family use.

“STARIA is Hyundai’s new MPV lineup that opens up a new mobility era,” said SangYup Lee, Senior Vice President and Head of Global Hyundai Design. “STARIA will provide a completely new experience and value proposition for customers through its unprecedented design features.”

STARIA Premium, which will be available in select markets, takes mobility to the next level, sporting premium features and variant-exclusive finishes for a more luxurious look and feel.

Hyundai Motor will unveil more details regarding design features of STARIA and STARIA Premium in the coming weeks.

• Praise 12

18 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Looks like a van leh.

Saying that a van look futuristic....wo ya boh?

Hopefully it doesnt turn out to be pariah.

Depending on how you look at van-like MPV. If you have noticed, the current survival (not just limited to model sold here) are mainly boxy type such as Toyota Alphard / Vellfire, Toyota Triplets, Honda Stepwagon, Nissan Serena, Mercedes-Benz V-Class, Kia Carnival, Hyundai Starex and such. Wagon like MPV are almost all gone as they are not as practical as those mentioned above.

And if comparing with the other van-looking MPVs, I have to say this new Staria does look futuristic.

hyundai-staria-mpv-teaser-launch-8-1200x

Toyota-Voxy-Toyota-Noah-Toyota-Esquire-f

34 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Depending on how you look at van-like MPV. If you have noticed, the current survival (not just limited to model sold here) are mainly boxy type such as Toyota Alphard / Vellfire, Toyota Triplets, Honda Stepwagon, Nissan Serena, Mercedes-Benz V-Class, Kia Carnival, Hyundai Starex and such. Wagon like MPV are almost all gone as they are not as practical as those mentioned above.

And if comparing with the other van-looking MPVs, I have to say this new Staria does look futuristic.

that drl stretching across the front of the vehicle does look quite unique - don't think i've seen in before!

53 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

thanks for sharing, the name of v(boxy) says for itself, but the  look of hyundai is quite break through .

wah... i hope i no longer need an mpv for my next car

been driving full sized mpvs for more than a decade already and would be more than 2 decades when my current car coe expires

😬😅

Wow! Looks really like something out of The Mandalorian Star Wars futuristic man... the front light silhouette is really like the Mandalorian helmet... heh heh...

Hopefully it gets brought in... there's really no reason why MPVs should be extinct... after the stupid SUV craze, especially silly so-called 7-seater SUVs, I think drivers and families would be more aware of the limitations of an mid-sized SUV masquerading as a full-sized MPV... 

I'm interested... just quite sure I can't afford it... and I wonder with the blurb about height... if it would be too tall for HDB car park...

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Calling all potential MPV buyers, in the sea of SUVs and Crossover, MPV is not dead yet... [bounce2]

@Ct3833 @Atrecord @Enye @Hamburger @Heartlander @fitto77 @Fat_slayer @mersaylee

mp210-39962-246096.jpg

mp210-39962-246097.jpg

mp210-39962-246099.jpg

mp210-39962-246100.jpg

mp210-39962-246101.jpg

Hyundai Motor Offers First Peek at STARIA, New MPV with Premium and Futuristic Design

Hyundai’s new MPV model is equipped with futuristic design cues and space innovation providing premium in-car experience

SEOUL, March 11, 2021 - Hyundai Motor Company today unveiled the teaser images of STARIA, the brand’s new multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) lineup. The images show the STARIA Premium, a high-end variant of STARIA standard model.

The STARIA name combines ‘star’ and ‘ria’ , in reference to the vehicle’s future-oriented product values and streamlined design characteristics defined by one curve gesture silhouettes as well as clean and pure body volume.

STARIA reflects Hyundai’s commitment to lead the future mobility industry as a Smart Mobility Solution Provider, under the brand’s vision of ‘Progress for Humanity.’ STARIA is equipped with various driver-centric features and futuristic design elements that deliver new experiences for drivers and passengers that make time in transit more productive and worthwhile.

STARIA offers a strikingly futuristic and mysterious exterior, resembling a spaceship. The front is highlighted by a long, horizontal daytime running light and headlamps positioned underneath. The spaceship vibe is echoed by its expansive panoramic windows and lower belt lines, underscoring the openness of the interior. The height of the cabin is also optimized for premium comfort and convenience, making it ideal for both business and family use.

“STARIA is Hyundai’s new MPV lineup that opens up a new mobility era,” said SangYup Lee, Senior Vice President and Head of Global Hyundai Design. “STARIA will provide a completely new experience and value proposition for customers through its unprecedented design features.”

STARIA Premium, which will be available in select markets, takes mobility to the next level, sporting premium features and variant-exclusive finishes for a more luxurious look and feel.

Hyundai Motor will unveil more details regarding design features of STARIA and STARIA Premium in the coming weeks.

1_yuoSNndXLc8GSGY6xoDxiw-1.jpeg?fit=800%

Hmmm. close enough. hahaha.

4 hours ago, Enye said:

wah... i hope i no longer need an mpv for my next car

been driving full sized mpvs for more than a decade already and would be more than 2 decades when my current car coe expires

😬😅

I feel you bro. 

I had ipsum, previa, ody, sharan. 

Enough already, enough. 

Not that vans are not good. Their interior space is very practical if you want more space.

It's nothing new imo. The very van-like are V-class (V stands for?), Hyundai Starex, I think Mitsubishi got one...Delica D5. Others mentioned the design still ok. 

Yah lah. You can always play the A-team music when you hop out of the van like a hero.

a-team-van-promo-3.jpg

2 hours ago, Didu said:

The shape reminds me of the Toyota Previa

maxresdefault.jpg

Previa/estima is still by far the best looking MPV, it will be good if they could come with a 2L turbo or hybrid  but toyota decides to kill it.

The other good looking mpv is the renault espace but that mod was never launched here.

4 hours ago, Didu said:

The shape reminds me of the Toyota Previa

maxresdefault.jpg

More like the futuristic 1st Generation Estima, which was launched 30 years ago! 

toyota_estima_99.jpg

toyota_estima_15.jpg

toyota_estima_91.jpg

toyota_estima_55.jpg

3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Not that vans are not good. Their interior space is very practical if you want more space.

It's nothing new imo. The very van-like are V-class (V stands for?), Hyundai Starex, I think Mitsubishi got one...Delica D5. Others mentioned the design still ok. 

Yah lah. You can always play the A-team music when you hop out of the van like a hero.

a-team-van-promo-3.jpg

I guess V-Class because the previous MPV variant was named Viano (and Vito for the van).

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Previa/estima is still by far the best looking MPV, it will be good if they could come with a 2L turbo or hybrid  but toyota decides to kill it.

The other good looking mpv is the renault espace but that mod was never launched here.

Yah, the last Estima might be a hit if it come with the 240ps 2.0L turbo unit found in the IS200t, ES200t, RX200t, etc. 

Renault Espace is really a looker but I doubt it will be volume seller here given the fear with French reliability. 

renault_espace_initiale_18.jpeg

renault_espace_initiale_13.jpeg