Formula 1 2021 Season

Blueray

2 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I was prepared to cry watching Lando cry upon his first win........ instead cried when he cried for not 😭

read some reports this am, Lando rejected the box box.

in Red Bull case, Max asked for box box.

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, Blueray said:

read some reports this am, Lando rejected the box box.

in Red Bull case, Max asked for box box.

Correct....... theory is McL only told him "light rain" and not "monsoon for 5min" so he thought he could drive through it.

Lewis also rejected the box instruction for one lap, complaining it had stopped raining after being told again to box, but Bono told him "More to come."

If the positions were reversed, maybe Lewis would have pitted from the lead after so many years with Bono and 99-wins already. Knowing where Max was he may have thought a guaranteed second is better than a 50:50 win. Lando, though, was pushing for a first win so @Mooose is correct, he had far more to lose pitting from the lead.

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Correct....... theory is McL only told him "light rain" and not "monsoon for 5min" so he thought he could drive through it.

Lewis also rejected the box instruction for one lap, complaining it had stopped raining after being told again to box, but Bono told him "More to come."

If the positions were reversed, maybe Lewis would have pitted from the lead after so many years with Bono and 99-wins already. Knowing where Max was he may have thought a guaranteed second is better than a 50:50 win. Lando, though, was pushing for a first win so @Mooose is correct, he had far more to lose pitting from the lead.

for Max, started last and ended P2, heng ah. really damage limitation. 

guess this circuit is a good place to take engine penalty, everybody was so bunched up for half the race anyways. 

1 hour ago, Mooose said:

certainly lesson learnt for mclaren and lando .. but from what i saw/read, lewis also did not listen to the mercedes call to box first time round but mercedes studied the radar more carefully and told lewis that the rain was getting heavier and therefore lewis came in, one lap later .. lando did not listen to mclaren call to box similar to lewis, but lando was not told that the rain would get heavier, thus thought that if the rain remained as it was he would be able to tip toe round - bear in mind that lewis and lando were more than one pit stop timing away from 3rd place runner and could afford to go something like o6 seconds slower a lap on the slicks ..

also, it is easier for lewis in second to make a decision .. one of the factors that lando did not want to box was that if he came in and lewis did not, he would be about 24 seconds behind lewis when he rejoined, and if conditions remained as a drizzle on only parts of the track, lewis could afford to lap maybe like 6 seconds slower a lap and still stay ahead, whereas lewis in second position could box, and even if lando did not box, he would still rejoin in 2nd place ahead of 3rd place checo as lewis was about 30 seconds ahead then .. in other words downside for lewis was far less than for lando ..

good points.

also, Merc's perspective was different. It was more important for Lewis to stay ahead of Max than for Lewis to risk staying out to win the race. Lando just wanted his first win at all costs. 

when Max (behind Lewis) pitted for inters, it was the trigger for Lewis to go inters too. 

• Praise 1

With Fox Sports terminating under Starhub subscribed channel, how will you continue to watch the remaining F1 races?

Which subscription did you sign up to continue watching F1 races?

Please enlighten. Thanks.

17 hours ago, Shibadog said:

good points.

also, Merc's perspective was different. It was more important for Lewis to stay ahead of Max than for Lewis to risk staying out to win the race. Lando just wanted his first win at all costs. 

when Max (behind Lewis) pitted for inters, it was the trigger for Lewis to go inters too. 

i think mercedes also had the data from bottas running on inters as bottas had boxed for inters earlier so it made their decision to call lewis in easier ..

• Praise 2

15 hours ago, Tommisan said:

With Fox Sports terminating under Starhub subscribed channel, how will you continue to watch the remaining F1 races?

Which subscription did you sign up to continue watching F1 races?

Please enlighten. Thanks.

presently it seems that f1tv doesnt sell their f1tv pro package for singapore as fox sports has the exclusive to do all the f1 programs live in this region .. hopefully with the termination of foxsports in the region f1tv would make available their f1tv pro package for this region ..

5 hours ago, Mooose said:

presently it seems that f1tv doesnt sell their f1tv pro package for singapore as fox sports has the exclusive to do all the f1 programs live in this region .. hopefully with the termination of foxsports in the region f1tv would make available their f1tv pro package for this region ..

TV is this country is so screwed up, always makes things more complicated and/or costly than they need to be........ to do it right.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:24 PM, bsswan said:

TV is this country is so screwed up, always makes things more complicated and/or costly than they need to be........ to do it right.

For info, Singtel still showing F1..... i subscribe to CAST Sports Plus so can watch under MIO Sports. Got all the practice sessions, quali and actual race. Only thing is don't have all the studio talkshow part which is useful to get more background, information on upcoming changes, etc. Also have other sports like motogp and UFC. So it's still not a bad deal for me.

2 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

For info, Singtel still showing F1..... i subscribe to CAST Sports Plus so can watch under MIO Sports. Got all the practice sessions, quali and actual race. Only thing is don't have all the studio talkshow part which is useful to get more background, information on upcoming changes, etc. Also have other sports like motogp and UFC. So it's still not a bad deal for me.

Watching the SkyF1 "experts" in the pre and post-show really does bring the story together and helps understand decisions and reasons for what's going on. It would be missing a lot without these explanations I think, and I experienced that before when, on holiday, have to watch a race in German, or Chinese or something.

1 minute ago, bsswan said:

Watching the SkyF1 "experts" in the pre and post-show really does bring the story together and helps understand decisions and reasons for what's going on. It would be missing a lot without these explanations I think, and I experienced that before when, on holiday, have to watch a race in German, or Chinese or something.

Yeah but better than nothing la....hopefully the in-race commentators will also discuss any new upcoming changes so that at least we have some info....

guess when Lewis was just 3s behind Max and able to follow a few laps easily, his mind was probably on the points and not the condition of his tyres.

Sainz is now 0.5 points ahead of Leclerc. not bad for a Ferrari newbie. 

I know this is rather late in the timeline, considering the race at COTA already concluded 2 nights ago - great nailbiting defence to the finish by Verstappen against Hamilton BTW.

In any case, this should make for an interesting read: 

Scroll down to the reply by @dvnnse, which links to this Twitter thread that gives more context and actually makes a lot of sense when you look at what's been happening this season.

↡ Advertisement