Formula 1 2021 Season

Blueray

6 minutes ago, Mason016 said:

Basically told Russell to try that on another car. [laugh] I honestly think Bottas had the better line and Russell should have eased off instead of trying to use track limits to out turn Bottas. 

Bottas had the better line but Russell confirmed would overtake it.

Bottas tried to defend by squeezing Russell.  Hoping that Russell backed off.

Hot blooded Russell confirmed don't back off.

Kaboomzzzz.

Wolff tells Russell to shut up.  Don't continue to yak about it.

↡ Advertisement

50 minutes ago, Mason016 said:

Basically told Russell to try that on another car. [laugh] I honestly think Bottas had the better line and Russell should have eased off instead of trying to use track limits to out turn Bottas. 

yeah, Toto comes across as a big picture and very focused chap.

1. I am the Boss and Shareholder

2. Before you say anything, refer to 1.

my initial reaction was that Russell over-reacted lor.

most memorable moment for this race was actually during post qualifying interview. Max was walking off after his interview and his shoulder bumped into Sir Lewis. Lewis was stunned and looked at Max like eh, simi daiji ?  :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Blueray said:

yeah, Toto comes across as a big picture and very focused chap.

1. I am the Boss and Shareholder

2. Before you say anything, refer to 1.

my initial reaction was that Russell over-reacted lor.

most memorable moment for this race was actually during post qualifying interview. Max was walking off after his interview and his shoulder bumped into Sir Lewis. Lewis was stunned and looked at Max like eh, simi daiji ?  :D

All of professional drivers are are racers and their aim is to beat the guy in front. Russell was closing rapidly on DRS , saw a gap to the right, and he went for it. Pure, simple racing instinct. 

Where got time to do a spreadsheet on cost-benefit analysis and look at the global picture?!

If Russell gave up, applied brakes to scrub off the DRS speed, fell back behind Bottas and did not attempt the overtake, would Toto then say Russell is too meek and lack the final incisiveness that marks a true racer?

But since the Boss has spoken, Russell just have to STFU and LLST.

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

George Russell apologises for Valtteri Bottas crash in Emilia Romagna Grand Prix

Williams driver George Russell has issued a public apology following his crash with Valtteri Bottas in the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix.

Russell said he "takes responsibility" for the risk he took in trying to pass the Finn's Mercedes not paying off.

And he added that his emotions "got the better of me" after the incident.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/56809267

• Praise 1

On 4/19/2021 at 10:38 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

All of professional drivers are are racers and their aim is to beat the guy in front. Russell was closing rapidly on DRS , saw a gap to the right, and he went for it. Pure, simple racing instinct. 

Where got time to do a spreadsheet on cost-benefit analysis and look at the global picture?!

If Russell gave up, applied brakes to scrub off the DRS speed, fell back behind Bottas and did not attempt the overtake, would Toto then say Russell is too meek and lack the final incisiveness that marks a true racer?

But since the Boss has spoken, Russell just have to STFU and LLST.

Or Russell can join the Renault Clio league. [laugh]

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic

last 2 laps and suddenly both Merc and Reb Bull wanna play fastest lap. [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Blueray said:

last 2 laps and suddenly both Merc and Reb Bull wanna play fastest lap. [laugh]

i like max's reaction during post race interview when he found out he lost the fastest lap for exceeding track limits ..

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
20 minutes ago, Mooose said:

i like max's reaction during post race interview when he found out he lost the fastest lap for exceeding track limits ..

oh, I didn't know Max lost the fastest lap.

super drive by Lewis. Think P2 was the best result for Red Bull. Max could not overtake Bottas even with many rounds of DRS.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Why Sainz dropped to the 11th position?

i think the strategy to pit him early to undercut lando didnt work ..

probably too early to pit on lap 21, then he came out behind a williams and had to push to get past ..

which meant his tyres started graining earlier than ideal .. sainz lost few places in last few laps alone as he ran out of tyres ..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

bottas just proved again he is not WDC material

i know have to protect the inside line, but he gave a free pass on the outside... half a car to the right, ham have no where to go. to the inside, need to slow down too much and not enuf speed to get round the outside

Hypersonic

Lewis asking for blue flags when trying to pass Perez. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement