A&W Diet Root Beer

therock

I have very bad stomachache with a lot of gas after I drink root beer. Anyone else has this same problem? Drinking Coke or other gassy drink will lead to milder gas symptom but root beer is very bad for me.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

I used to love coke, then I moved on to diet coke, then I read about the cancer risk and that many diet soda drinkers are actually obese (the debate is still out there with conflicting reports).  Now I hardly drink soda, just water, coffee and tea without sugar. This is the same among my circle of friends (maybe 80%?). Got used to it and now even diet coke is too sweet for me.

Giving up coke was really hard for me but i rather save it for my pork lard laden Char Kway Teow. Lol.. 

wah, your last sentence is exactly the same for me too 😂

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I have very bad stomachache with a lot of gas after I drink root beer. Anyone else has this same problem? Drinking Coke or other gassy drink will lead to milder gas symptom but root beer is very bad for me.

You haven't drunk enough to climatise the stomach...😁 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

for soft drink I dun like diet or sugar free, since I hardly drink them, I will only take the original.

My mother got diabetes so for me I dun dare take the sugary version... always drink diet if I can. But idk why the softdrink makers make their diet versions so hard to find

I love diet a&w root beer, cherry coke zero (impossible to find in Sg), sprite zero... 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

Excessive acidity 

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Weez911 said:

i get the same problem with sprite/7-up previously. only time i vomited from drinking alcohol when younger was drinking spirits mixed with sprite.
But now older liao ok.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, yishunite said:

My mother got diabetes so for me I dun dare take the sugary version... always drink diet if I can. But idk why the softdrink makers make their diet versions so hard to find

I love diet a&w root beer, cherry coke zero (impossible to find in Sg), sprite zero... 

Thought it used to have quite a few diet version of soft drinks around? Now no more liao? I now dont drink soft drink so no see look what soft drink is selling now. 😂

13 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I used to love coke, then I moved on to diet coke, then I read about the cancer risk and that many diet soda drinkers are actually obese (the debate is still out there with conflicting reports).  Now I hardly drink soda, just water, coffee and tea without sugar. This is the same among my circle of friends (maybe 80%?). Got used to it and now even diet coke is too sweet for me.

Giving up coke was really hard for me but i rather save it for my pork lard laden Char Kway Teow. Lol.. 

Sugar-free jasmine green tea from Pokka, and sparkling mineral water (San Benedetto and San Pellegrino when bought in bulk are not that expensive) has been a successful and similarly refreshing beverage in weaning myself off Coke Light/Zero.

I always lug a 32oz or 64oz Hydroflask filled to the brim with these and topped off with some ice cubes. No longer at the mercy of soaring drinks prices at coffeeshops and cafes 🙂 

• Praise 4

On 3/13/2021 at 10:36 PM, therock said:

Bros

I used to buy this at cold storage - the sugar free type 

but I’ve not been able to find any recently

can anyone direct me to a place with it, especially the west?

Thanks 🙏 

West??

You are able to get the real deal at the A&W restaurant at Jurong Point. You know? Next to Harvey Norman.

9 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

West??

You are able to get the real deal at the A&W restaurant at Jurong Point. You know? Next to Harvey Norman.

Thanks bro

no sugar free option la

On 3/14/2021 at 9:32 PM, TameDriver said:

None at these CS outlets: 

Kovan 

Eastwood

East Village

If they didnt bring in means they didn't bring in...no point visiting different outlets.

On 3/14/2021 at 7:52 PM, Lala81 said:

i get the same problem with sprite/7-up previously. only time i vomited from drinking alcohol when younger was drinking spirits mixed with sprite.
But now older liao ok.

Must always drink your alcohol neat

and not add any unhealthy stuff to it.

Like sprite lah, soda water lah, cola lah etc.

All very bad for health.

:grin:

Stick to pure spirits as people have been safely drinking it for hundreds of years.

• Haha! 1

On 3/14/2021 at 9:33 AM, Voodooman said:

I am like you, simply can't do with Coke Zero. My fridge is well stocked up on it. Once you open it, all you see is Coke Zero. Trying to make myself drink it lesser and even stop drinking it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2