Why Is Africa Still So Poor - an easy to understand Presentation

steveluv

I recently saw this video on Youtube explaining the reason why African countries are poor. Its an eye opener for me at the same time I greatly enjoyed the presentation what is easy to understand. Hope you guys like it too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

I thought it was because they don't have great universities.

Who are the riches people on Earth?

The Jews? And why?

They studied and became bankers, accountants and lawyers.

The basis of trade and business.

:grin:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

The question should be, "do they want to be rich?".

They are living in tribes, the hunter gatherer lifestyle. Do you think they want to live in a big house with a swimming pool and drive a Tesla?

They live a simple lifestyle. No need to buy clothes, no need to buy shoes, no need for transport, no excessive waste, no carbon footprint. They have no worries. They do not exploit others or do they kill others for money. It is the ppl who wants to be rich that have all sorts of issues. Now the ppl who exploited them wants to be self righteous and make a video and ask why is Africa still poor.

If I'm an African I will let this youtuber know from the history of Africa money is the root of all evil. Why would we want to seek to be rich and do all these bad things to others. Just live the simple lifestyle. World peace.

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 2

If you look at the tallest buildings in any cities they are all banks.

If a country wants to be rich they need to have banks.

And to have banks you need bankers, lawyers and accountants

And you need universities teaching banking, lawyering and counting.

u o me, o chee b chee, may or may not, british oxygen corp, standby, formerly o u me a lot.

How many african banks can you name?

image.thumb.png.5218452cd3450133708d30341a62d1ee.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

They are living in tribes, the hunter gatherer lifestyle. Do you think they want to live in a big house with a swimming pool and drive a Tesla?

They live a simple lifestyle. No need to buy clothes, no need to buy shoes, no need for transport, no excessive waste, no carbon footprint. They have no worries. They do not exploit others or do they kill others for money. It is the ppl who wants to be rich that have all sorts of issues. Now the ppl who exploited them wants to be self righteous and make a video and ask why is Africa still poor.

If I'm an African I will let this youtuber know from the history of Africa money is the root of all evil. Why would we want to seek to be rich and do all these bad things to others. Just live the simple lifestyle. World peace.

I think their definition of rich is not counted with money. they have a tough life and they are not always living in peace and security (food, livelihood and shelter)

they rely on the land and nature. to be rich, they need food, livelihood and shelter security. 

before they had borders, the tribes used to roam nomadically wherever the food goes. things have changed. the borders are all arbitrarily drawn by the colonial masters. this has sowed the seeds of disability and conflict for the different tribes.

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

I think their definition of rich is not counted with money. they have a tough life and they are not always living in peace and security (food, livelihood and shelter)

they rely on the land and nature. to be rich, they need food, livelihood and shelter security. 

before they had borders, the tribes used to roam nomadically wherever the food goes. things have changed. the borders are all arbitrarily drawn by the colonial masters. this has sowed the seeds of disability and conflict for the different tribes.

they got alot of border issue within themself,

how to be rich is they forever fighting among themself

• Praise 3

They are so poor because they give millions and millions of dollars away.

They are just too kind.

Dear ,

I am paul koffi (S.A.T),writing you in respect of my deceased client Late Mr.P.A.Sergeev,who died On the 21st of April 2003 along with his entire family.I have been trying to locate any member of his family to assist in repartrating the fund he deposited in finance house valued at USD$10.5million.

Please i would like you to contact me through my private email address [email protected] so that i can give the detail concerning the claim.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 5

please lor... this BLM type "we being suppressed" shit is getting tiring.

great civilisations grew in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East.... that's literally thousands of years before anyone outside moved to Africa. Nothing moveddddd there.......

its been suggested that in a land full of food.. there no need for innovation. Maybe its just in the DNA.

Too many warlords. Very messy. Tribes can't get along with another tribes. Genocides. Nigerian scams. 

• Praise 1

On 3/16/2021 at 5:45 PM, Jamesc said:

How many african banks can you name?

image.thumb.png.5218452cd3450133708d30341a62d1ee.png

Very true. Even the Nigerian princes who keep writing to me only name Ang Moh banks. No pride, lah, these people. 

😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

in short - Africa lacks a Qin Shi Huang

every major nation has gone through unification in their histories in one way or another - US, Russia, Europe, China, Japan, India...

On 3/17/2021 at 8:00 AM, Playtime said:

please lor... this BLM type "we being suppressed" shit is getting tiring.

great civilisations grew in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East.... that's literally thousands of years before anyone outside moved to Africa. Nothing moveddddd there.......

its been suggested that in a land full of food.. there no need for innovation. Maybe its just in the DNA.

Different paths in evolution also.

Written language is probably a deciding factor in terms of Western civilisation triumphing.

16 minutes ago, Scion said:

in short - Africa lacks a Qin Shi Huang

every major nation has gone through unification in their histories in one way or another - US, Russia, Europe, China, Japan, India...

Africa is a very big continent. It's underrepresented  on the actual world map. it's 3 times the size of europe.

Without technology or well established systems, it won't be easy to create a true empire. 
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/map-true-size-of-africa/

The African continent has a land area of 30.37 million sq km (11.7 million sq mi) — enough to fit in the U.S., China, India, Japan, Mexico, and many European nations, combined.

Edited by Lala81

On 3/16/2021 at 6:06 PM, Nolicense said:

Unification would need to have a commonality, either conquest or say religion. 

Tribal warfare is the norm down there.
When the western europeans arrived in Africa, they wanted slaves, so the africans who got hired by them just simply enslaved different tribes which they would have done anyway. Just that the arrival of Europeans, created an actual market for export of african slaves to Europe/Americas. Whereas before, it would have to put it bluntly, only be required for domestic demand.

Absolutely the most brutal comment I saw in the YT comments section was

Randy: "I'd like to solve the puzzle!" 

Extremely offensive and also f**king hilarious if you know the context. 😂😂😂

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Absolutely the most brutal comment I saw in the YT comments section was

Randy: "I'd like to solve the puzzle!" 

Extremely offensive and also f**king hilarious if you know the context. 😂😂😂

Lol. had to google that.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 3/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, Watwheels said:

Actually all that evil has already been there before money and westerners arrived in africa, just not on an industrial scale.

All those tribes routinely wage war on each other from the time they use sticks and stones, killing, enslaving and taking over lands.

Now it's the same people with the same mindset, but on a much larger scale and greater destruction, once they got their hands on modern weaponry.

Take slavery, for example, it wasn't something that came about only because the "white man" oppressed the africans. There was already slavery in existence among the tribes, then when the arabs and white men came to trade, some smart tribal chief got the bright idea that they could make a lot of money selling slaves to these foreigners. That's how it all started.

↡ Advertisement