Traffic Police chases & stops 2 cyclists for beating red light along Tanah Merah Coast Road

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

traffic-police-stop-cyclists.jpg

A pair of cyclists were caught on camera beating a red light along Tanah Merah Coast Road -- only to be stopped a minute later by a Traffic Police on a motorcycle who chased after them.

A video of the incident was put up on Facebook on March 15.

The footage was shot from the camera attached to the bicycle of another cyclist trailing behind the traffic light-beating duo.

The footage of the duo beating the red light can be viewed from the 1-minute 17-second mark.

What video showed

The cyclist recording the footage stopped at the red light with another fellow cyclist.

The footage showed the two other cyclists riding ahead failing to form up behind the white line when the traffic lights were clearly red.

Death wish

Shortly after stopping, one of them was heard on audio talking about the duo who beat the traffic light: "They have a death wish."

The sound of a motorcycle pulling up, believed to be the Traffic Police, was also heard within a split second.

Another voice, believed to be the Traffic Police, then asked: "Do they belong to your group of friends?"

In response, a voice believed to be one of the cyclists, said: "We're trying to stop them but they just went off."

Cyclists and Traffic Police shoot the breeze

This was followed by some banter between the cyclists and the Traffic Police as they waited for the lights to turn green.

One of the cyclists then said, perhaps in response to the Traffic Police's motorcycle: "Nice bike man. 1,000cc?"

The same voice also asked if the motorcycle was "heavy".

Within seconds, the traffic light turned green and a Traffic Police could be seen accelerating from the next lane on the right and disappearing from the frame.

Chased cyclists

The sped-up portion of the video initially showed the aftermath of the Traffic Police catching up and puling over the two cyclists who beat the red light.

cyclists-beat-red-light-tanah-merah-coas

Tanah Merah Coast Road popular with cyclists

The dedicated 2m wide cycling lane on the left-most lane of Tanah Merah Coast Road spans about 10km.

It can cater to two cyclists riding abreast.

The bicycle lane is marked out in both directions on the road.

It opened to the public on April 22, 2017.

Source: https://mothership.sg/2021/03/cyclists-beat-red-light/

Orbigood. :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Frankly they should patrol those road with higher traffic volume then such remote places. Every morning along Bukit Timah, they occupied the 1st or even 2nd lane as if the rest of the traffic have to give way to them. Timing is very bad. 

Edited by Victor68
  • Praise 6

Cyclists fail to conform to red light signal? It is happening everywhere at traffic lights junction and pedestrian lights crossing.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

25 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Cyclists fail to conform to red light signal? It is happening everywhere at traffic lights junction and pedestrian lights crossing.

guess it is this type of cyclist have bigger ego think they own the road, not the Ah Pek or students type that why kena! I believe if Ah Pek  or students beat they will just received an education on safety nothing more....my opinion lah dun flame me

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, 13177 said:

ya.

plenty of leotards beating red lights along Thomson Road on Saturday mornings.

can catch and summon until huat ! :XD:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

42 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Easier to check if they have a valid driving licence and charge them accordingly. If they dont have a livence , then the 30 to 75 dollars rules applies to those students.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 4

Internal Moderator
10 minutes ago, Blueray said:

ya.

Need to earn back the budget 2021. 🤣

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Thats why all the funny pattern come out now liao?! [rolleyes]

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

yes, the free riders should contribute to nation building. [:p]

• Haha! 1

I braked a little hard this morning stopping at a red light, cyclist came up my inside a few seconds after I had stopped and went through like they weren't there but having to avoid a woman stepping off the kerb and pushing a baby across the crossing. He squeaked through just behind her and I have the video, but what use? Will never catch the guy or most others.

• Praise 1
  • Angry 2

48 minutes ago, Blueray said:

ya.

weekend they go limchukang to kranji there can summon till huat also. 😂

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I braked a little hard this morning stopping at a red light, cyclist came up my inside a few seconds after I had stopped and went through like they weren't there but having to avoid a woman stepping off the kerb and pushing a baby across the crossing. He squeaked through just behind her and I have the video, but what use? Will never catch the guy or most others.

if only got a number plate that can be capture and report easily.

• Praise 2

18 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Nowadays when crossing at pedestrian lights, must look out for any cyclist who doesnt stop before i step off the kerb. Cannot assume it would be safe to cross even the pedestrian light is green. Lol.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Nowadays when crossing at pedestrian lights, must look out for any cyclist who doesnt stop before i step off the kerb. Cannot assume it would be safe to cross even the pedestrian light is green. Lol.

'Cannot assume it would be safe to cross even the pedestrian light is green. Lol.'

with regard to this, not only cyclist, nowsaday alot of cars and lorry chiong red light also, 

pedestrian simply need to watch out when crossing even if the light is in their favour. even if the road is clear must keep a lookout for any in coming vehicle or cyclist that fail to spot the red light and pedestrian on the road also.

remember the lady that kenna buang by the turning bmw.......

• Praise 2

Somehow they feel you need to step out of the pedestrian pathway so that they have a smooth transition without having to stop or dismount from their bicycle. Even in crowded market place, they don't dismount to push their bicycle but expect people to step aside for them. This idea is totally wrong. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

ya.

50 or 70 dollars fine can't even cover the high costs of the TP and petrol to set up the operations!

↡ Advertisement