Cyclist/Food deliver

Krieger

Guys I do not know is it just me, apparently i have more close/dangerous encounters with food delivery cyclists on the roads. I almost had a few close encounters with the cyclists for past few weeks dashing in front or beside me when turning.

i know its tough for them to deliver food on two wheels, but i suppose being safer n follow traffic rules might be better?

↡ Advertisement

Not just on the roads but carparks as well.

Just 2 days ago, I was entering westgate basement carpark. This Grab delivery rider on motorbike sped against the flow of traffic (arrow pointing opposite direction) and almost t-boned me from left side. Luckily I noticed him and stopped in time.

He waved sorry and sped off.

Sometimes is the current situation forces them to become such a trade.

They might not know the danger of it or rushing for time or follow what others do

Always pay extra lookout wherever you think this guys will appear.

a few seconds lost is better than a few hours of attending after incident

When can such situation improve in the delivery industries ?
should be not in the near future. take car everyone.

Sigh. Problem moved from pmd to bicycle and motorcycle. Some things just never change.

Just because the delivery is being tracked ppl risk their life just to deliver food. The food delivery companies care or not I wonder? Or do they just care about the money?

• Praise 1

Any bros here doing delivery on bicycles? Does the food delivery company or own insurance covers oneself? 

as Colin03 said, its better to be on extra look out for them. 

Maybe more flashing lights on their helmets or bicycles will be better. If we can see them, I believe most of the drivers will be more careful. 

9 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

Just 2 days ago, I was entering westgate basement carpark. This Grab delivery rider on motorbike sped against the flow of traffic (arrow pointing opposite direction) and almost t-boned me from left side. Luckily I noticed him and stopped in time.

This type of dangerous encounters will be made worse if the driver is not alert enough. We can be lucky once, twice but not always. I really fear the day when I lose that slight moment of concentration and hit them...to make a living on the roads is not easy for them as well. 

18 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

Not just roads and carparks but pedestrian walkways and park connectors too :XD:

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

see this 1 . enough say, almost fly

What is wrong with these people??

There are other ways of dying if that is what they want or they think they driving tank?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1