Bridgestone Re004 Users

Soonkuay76

Turbocharged
19 minutes ago, Hachi said:

@Dafansu 

Rushing for time as I wanted a quick fix to my leaking tyres. I think Yap brothers have the cheapest RE004.

yup Yap should be the cheapest, did u check with AL what's the price difference between the two shops 

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

@Dafansu  Based on my size, I think $5-10 difference. So a set of 4 cheaper by a lot from Yap. Once you used RE, cannot go back. I keep contemplating whether try other makes and models since my car got another 2 years plus. Aiya just use RE, when bald then change to tourador to last less than a years before scrap. Simple...Enjoy while you can...

Edited by Hachi

25 minutes ago, Hachi said:

Actaully I rather the cars have budget tyre than bald tyres. Sometimes at parking lots see some of the cars tyres condition, wanna to faint.

totally true

any fresh tyre is better then a botak 1.

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

totally true

Which is a good thing, at least you got a cheaper option.

Turbocharged
20 minutes ago, Hachi said:

@Dafansu  Based on my size, I think $5-10 difference. So a set of 4 cheaper by a lot from Yap. Once you used RE, cannot go back. I keep contemplating whether try other makes and models since my car got another 2 years plus. Aiya just use RE, when bald then change to tourador to last less than a years before scrap. Simple...Enjoy while you can...

I've been using RE001, RE002, RE003, RE004 since many years back, never go for other tyres. 

(edited)

I find that thread wear rating between 200-300 has the good compromise between grip and wear, for me is around 1.5 yrs or so of commuting. Enough time for the rubber to turned hard and get ready for a change.

Previous kumho es31 even 2 Yr looked good. But rubber already harden. I down size to 15 inch so that I can use 003 at a reasonable price and rate.

Edited by Hachi
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

totally true

but if new economical tyre like Giti, Tourador, etc

vs those used premium tyre (assume thread >70%) sold in carousels

which would be better bet?

Just now, Contipro said:

but if new economical tyre like Giti, Tourador, etc

vs those used premium tyre (assume thread >70%) sold in carousels

which would be better bet?

I still take new tyres like tourador etc

I dun want to say this  is a fantastic tyres. But the fact is they selling hundred of container in sg mean the min standard and quality is there. Its safe enough for general useage as with other non branded tyres.

Those used 70% branded tyres. U look at their dom. Its can easily be 2017 etc. The rubber expose and throw there for 5-6years or more. Can imagine how hard the rubber become?

No point even if got thread left.

• Praise 2

Concur that, I make sure my tyres are less than 1 yr from the DOM. Simple. 2nd hand tyres you got no choice.

↡ Advertisement