Speeding In Singapore [CNA Talking Point]

Zxcvb

Internal Moderator

In the past 3 years, speeding has been the number one traffic offence in Singapore. About a month ago, there was a major accident which resulted in the death of the driver and all four passengers in the car. Preliminary investigations revealed that the driver was believed to have been speeding before crashing into a shophouse where the car caught fire. So what are the consequences of extreme speed and when do car modifications cross the line to possibly turn your car into a death trap? Talking Point delves into the psyche of speed demons and finds out what happens to your body when you crash at extreme speeds.

Quote In the past 3 years, speeding has been the number one traffic offence in Singapore.

What it means is 'speeding' is the most enforced aspect of traffic rules.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 6

25 minutes ago, Ake109 said:

Quote In the past 3 years, speeding has been the number one traffic offence in Singapore.

What it means is 'speeding' is the most enforced aspect of traffic rules.

Yeah. Cos it is the easiest and can be enforced in comfort, just set up camera in the sheltered overhead bridge and let the machine ka chang ka chang! 

For all other offences, they have to chase after them or walk around everywhere under the hot sun. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Then, stopped importing those 1000 cc and above vehicles lor ........  :we-all-gonna-die:

Import only those 600cc vehicles like Cherry QQ .... :XD:

Be careful with what u wish for.. eventually, the AD will ask for 150k for 660cc car 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

If they just give me a 660cc car, I will also mod one.

spoon-s660-blakejones-speedhunters--1200

http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/12/five-minutes-with-the-spoon-s660/

:grin:

Making a donkey to run like a horse is a sure way to kabooms the car 

if u poll those copen owners,.

I heard there is one who did an engine swap n that was freaking fast .. 

the kancil in MY is even faster then some other cars twice the engine size.

as I say, no one actually died from speeding. 

it’s the inability to stop that kills u. That’s my RCA .. root cause analysis 

• Haha! 1

Recently just got caught speeding by officer on a overhead bridge along ECP outside Marine Terrace. Suppose to get fine and 4 demerit points in the initial letter but lucky was served warning instead after furbishing details. Now driving like turtle along that stretch. Seems other fellow motorists also doing same as cruising at slightly higher speed outside that stretch and slow down to 90km/hr just before the overhead bridge haha.

There were pictures circulating of unmanned speed cameras being mounted on those tall structures along the expressway be it overhead bridges and ERP gantries. So better be careful as no shadow of enforcement officers does not mean no one catching haha.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Why?? cos ego (hao-lian), sense of invisibility (bo kia-si), cheap thrill, short-tempered (ego again), etc, etc..

not the car, its the driver. having the ability to drive does not mean the ability to think maturely or speed

PS: SG speed limit is set way too low 😁

Edited by Vidz

Didn’t touch on our tax and coe causing cars here to be factory detuned.

didn’t touch on the incoming wave of EV which will easily be faster than ICE.

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Making a donkey to run like a horse is a sure way to kabooms the car 

if u poll those copen owners,.

I heard there is one who did an engine swap n that was freaking fast .. 

the kancil in MY is even faster then some other cars twice the engine size.

I am not looking to make it fast lah. haha. Just more drivability. You cannot expect a donkey to perform like a stallion. This I understand. But the manufacturer always wanna bring the production cost down thus cutting some corner on some parts. I like to fully explore the capability of the car only. hahaha.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

I must debate your RCA. I would argue that its not the inability but the actual stopping which kills.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

In the past 3 years, speeding has been the number one traffic offence in Singapore. About a month ago, there was a major accident which resulted in the death of the driver and all four passengers in the car. Preliminary investigations revealed that the driver was believed to have been speeding before crashing into a shophouse where the car caught fire. So what are the consequences of extreme speed and when do car modifications cross the line to possibly turn your car into a death trap? Talking Point delves into the psyche of speed demons and finds out what happens to your body when you crash at extreme speeds.

how can CNA anyhow say speeding!? already got witness say driver was rushing to send passengers to take taxi.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ake109 said:

I must debate your RCA. I would argue that its not the inability but the actual stopping which kills.

Sounds strangely familiar lol