2021 Kia K8 Sedan

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Xers007 said:

$150k still got chance, above that hard to attract mass buyers due to the badge.

Agree 160k sounds ok, make it similar as sorento

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

57 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

This K8 is a large executive sedan to begin with, at 5.015m in length, its direct competitor include Lexus ES, Volvo S90, Jaguar XF, Audi A6 and such. Among them, the ES is likely to be the cheapest at $180K there about. So pricing of the K8 (if it ever landed here) could be anything around $160K. 

But if one were to look at the features it can offer, it is definitely not a cheap low end Korean car. 

One of the features of the K8 is an ergonomically-advanced driver seat with seven air pockets in the backrest, sides, and hip areas for the ideal driving position. The technology is called the Ergo Motion Seat, and when the vehicle exceeds 130 km/h, the hip area of the seat is lowered and strengthened to improve side support.

The vehicle is also packed with advanced driving technology, including the Kia Advanced Driver Assistance System featuring forward collision-avoidance assistance technology and more. Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control is integrated along with Highway Driving Assist 2 to maintain a set distance and speed from the vehicle ahead and the ability to center the vehicle in the lane. 

From a marketing/positioning standpoint, maybe they should have created a luxury sub-brand like lexus and genesis (not that i personally believe in such "gimmicks").....putting the KIA logo in front makes it harder to differentiate itself - and therefore to justify higher price tag - from the "normal" KIAs.

I am sure it will be a notch or 2 above it's german counterparts. If it was my $160k i would definitely get this over the german equivalents. But SG car buyers are quite unique 🙂

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, teomingern said:

All these moot if it doesn't even come in...

The front actually looks like the Ford Mondeo on steroids...

Seeing how the K5 isn't coming, i can't see how this K8 will. Ya, so most likely moot.

On 3/23/2021 at 8:33 PM, Carbon82 said:

Nope, nothing wrong with my title, you are looking at a brand new Hyundai look-alike model... Still, it is a very handsome car! Kudos to the Korean for the continual improvement in design and quality. [thumbsup] [thumbsup] 

2022-kia-k8-sedan.jpg

remind me of my old ford mondeo with a more modern grill

image.png.30eb8af3c1da177483f3e481a7786622.png

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

remind me of my old ford mondeo with a more modern grill

image.png.30eb8af3c1da177483f3e481a7786622.png

Exactly... but the Mondeo was a handsome car and this one with the cauliflower mouth is a bit hard to stomach...

Edited by teomingern

On 3/24/2021 at 7:42 PM, SGCM928 said:

Is this model relates to the 2020 Hyundai Sonata? The overall shape and rear treatment look very similar indeed.

2020-hyundai-sonata_100696953_l.jpg

hyundai-sonata-2020-angle--exterior--rea

Nope, K8 is one class above Sonata, it is a close cousin of Hyundai Azera (or Grandeur in Korea)

580386f3-2020-hyundai-azera-grandeur-1.j

image.png.f15c89b0b3f7a20d03244d22f7034739.png

• Praise 3

23 hours ago, teomingern said:

Exactly... but the Mondeo was a handsome car and this one with the cauliflower mouth is a bit hard to stomach...

Cauliflower mouth or durian mouth

:XD:

800px-Singapore_Esplanade_-_Theatres_by_the_Bay_viewed_from_The_Stamford_1.jpg

KIA sadly never bring it’s the very nice looking 202 Kia K5, so looking at this K8. There is zero chance of it coming to Singapore or even having a RHD variant

31 minutes ago, Fellows said:

I think most of us don’t mind KIA K8 Hybrid with 1.6T engine 

I thought it will be called K8 now? Seems like Kia standardize their naming worldwide? Nice lar... from end looks like Avante 2021 and a bit like Jaguar...

↡ Advertisement