2021 Kia K8 Sedan

Carbon82

Nope, nothing wrong with my title, you are looking at a brand new Hyundai look-alike model... Still, it is a very handsome car! Kudos to the Korean for the continual improvement in design and quality. [thumbsup] [thumbsup] 

2022-kia-k8-sedan.jpg

2022-kia-k8-sedan.jpg

2022-kia-k8-sedan.jpg

2022-kia-k8-sedan.jpg

2022-kia-k8-sedan.jpg

2022-kia-k8-sedan.jpg

2022-kia-k8-sedan.jpg

2022-kia-k8-sedan.jpg

2022-kia-k8-sedan.jpg

2022-kia-k8-sedan.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 14

2 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Nope, nothing wrong with my title, you are looking at a brand new Hyundai look-alike model...

Errrr.. but why in Conti Talk neh?

Most likely C&C won't bring in,selling anything over $220,000 is doom for Korean Cars in S'pore,look at the Stinger 3.3...until now,how many Units C&C sold.?

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Errrr.. but why in Conti Talk neh?

Thanks for pointing out. Have move it to the Korean Talk section.

@ER-3682 there are at least 3 engine options planned for now, and the 1.6T may be a viable option for us...

Starting from the top to the bottom, the flagship K8 is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 gasoline engine producing 296hp or an extra 6hp compared to the Cadenza's 3.3-liter V6. Torque is also up, now at 359Nm or  16Nm more than the defunct sedan. While the horsepower and torque bump is marginal, a more important novelty is the addition of an all-wheel-drive system for this top-tier variant.

The midrange K8 will rely on a smaller four-cylinder, 2.5-liter powertrain producing 195hp and a peak torque of 248Nm. Both the 3.5 and 2.5 engines will be hooked up to an eight-speed automatic transmission. A base variant is also planned with a 1.6-liter engine and is scheduled to arrive in the following months.

• Praise 11

not entirely won over by the front grill, but rest of the car looks great to me. that interior looks like what you'd expect to find in a genesis - kia clearly stepping up a notch here!

10 hours ago, bonjin said:

not entirely won over by the front grill, but rest of the car looks great to me. that interior looks like what you'd expect to find in a genesis - kia clearly stepping up a notch here!

The DRLs look slightly odd to me, like it was an afterthought. 

11 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Thanks for pointing out. Have move it to the Korean Talk section.

@ER-3682 there are at least 3 engine options planned for now, and the 1.6T may be a viable option for us...

Starting from the top to the bottom, the flagship K8 is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 gasoline engine producing 296hp or an extra 6hp compared to the Cadenza's 3.3-liter V6. Torque is also up, now at 359Nm or  16Nm more than the defunct sedan. While the horsepower and torque bump is marginal, a more important novelty is the addition of an all-wheel-drive system for this top-tier variant.

The midrange K8 will rely on a smaller four-cylinder, 2.5-liter powertrain producing 195hp and a peak torque of 248Nm. Both the 3.5 and 2.5 engines will be hooked up to an eight-speed automatic transmission. A base variant is also planned with a 1.6-liter engine and is scheduled to arrive in the following months.

Ya, if they can do 1.6T at $120k still ok except that govt is pushing towards EV cars and of course the general preference for CUV/SUVs....

11 hours ago, bonjin said:

Im probably revealing my unker status but oversize front grilles are getting fuglier and fuglier

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Ya, if they can do 1.6T at $120k still ok except that govt is pushing towards EV cars and of course the general preference for CUV/SUVs....

K8 should be its luxury or high end sedan. Even with 1.6T, i think would still be way above the $120k range.

and most likely would not make it to our shore.

Edited by Xers007

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

The whole car is so refined but the grille is so chor lor!

Their new design philosophy - OPPOSITES UNITED

Supercharged
22 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

@Xers007 Ya la, but if $150k then no need to bother already...i think previosly genesis was like $170 to $180k no takers...

$150k still got chance, above that hard to attract mass buyers due to the badge.

Edited by Xers007

This K8 is a large executive sedan to begin with, at 5.015m in length, its direct competitor include Lexus ES, Volvo S90, Jaguar XF, Audi A6 and such. Among them, the ES is likely to be the cheapest at $180K there about. So pricing of the K8 (if it ever landed here) could be anything around $160K. 

But if one were to look at the features it can offer, it is definitely not a cheap low end Korean car. 

One of the features of the K8 is an ergonomically-advanced driver seat with seven air pockets in the backrest, sides, and hip areas for the ideal driving position. The technology is called the Ergo Motion Seat, and when the vehicle exceeds 130 km/h, the hip area of the seat is lowered and strengthened to improve side support.

The vehicle is also packed with advanced driving technology, including the Kia Advanced Driver Assistance System featuring forward collision-avoidance assistance technology and more. Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control is integrated along with Highway Driving Assist 2 to maintain a set distance and speed from the vehicle ahead and the ability to center the vehicle in the lane. 

• Praise 8

2 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

The vehicle is also packed with advanced driving technology, including the Kia Advanced Driver Assistance System featuring forward collision-avoidance assistance technology and more. Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control is integrated along with Highway Driving Assist 2 to maintain a set distance and speed from the vehicle ahead and the ability to center the vehicle in the lane. 

These features current Avante also have.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1