Is your car's fuel meter accurate?

Yuning

10 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

My limited experience with a low-end Merc taught me that it is not really good to rely on its FC figures. When I drive I always like to set the display to indicate possible mileage, which unfortunately keep fluctuating with a Merc car because Merc try to give you updated status quickly. So you could start your trip with possible mileage at 50km with fuel tank indicator/meter showing as such, but it can be extended all the way to 200km after 20min if you take your car to expressway with no traffic. You can literally see the possible mileage magically keep increasing even as you are driving. But say if unfortunately get caught in a bad jam soon after then you will start to be panicky as you see the possible mileage decreasing like crazy after awhile. The Honda car I have is much more conservative - a bar of possible 30 bars will give possible mileage of about 20km, +/- a realistic margin. 

Yeah, I agree, i dont depend on the "range" meter to decide when to pump petrol. It is perhaps this complex algorithm that makes the Merc FC meter more accurate than the Japs.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

27 minutes ago, Yuning said:

I have read something that many brand will under calculate till 15%... That's why I'm asking. 

IMHO.
Take what is on the dashboard as indicative value unless substantiate. 
I record  the information for calculation because I also think they would "under calculate". 
Just like the coolant temperature - when it is in the RED zone,  means it is critical.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Take what is on the dashboard as indicative value unless substantiate. 
I record  the information for calculation because I also think they would "under calculate". 
Just like the coolant temperature - when it is in the RED zone,  means it is critical.

So, what has the coolant temp red zone gotta do with "under calculate"? Red of course its critical lah, needless to say right?

What happened? Why did you start a boliao thread on the topic of performance/FC, AND which you subsequently abandoned? 

• Haha! 2

24 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

So, what has the coolant temp red zone gotta do with "under calculate"? Red of course its critical lah, needless to say right?   Relative. 

What happened? Why did you start a boliao thread on the topic of performance/FC, AND which you subsequently abandoned?  I may consider to give you a reply when I am freer. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

So, what has the coolant temp red zone gotta do with "under calculate"? Red of course its critical lah, needless to say right?

What happened? Why did you start a boliao thread on the topic of performance/FC, AND which you subsequently abandoned? 

Bragging rights my fren.. Bragging rights. 😂 With no substance of cos... Clearly lacking of comprehension skills too. 

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

Bragging rights my fren.. Bragging rights. 😂 With no substance of cos... Clearly lacking of comprehension skills too. 

I would tend to agree with you on replies that are in red above.
Does shows the level of perception, especially of others. 

9 minutes ago, Kklee said:

I would tend to agree with you on replies that are in red above.
Does shows the level of perception, especially of others. 

Of cos man, I brag to support my claims man 👍👍👍😉 I m color blind btw n fyi.

And I love it when others give me my 👍

Proves I m right again this time...will also be very right another time ya, based on whose post ya 😉 

Who thinks I m right this time, give me a 👍 pls. 🙏

Edited by Unfazed
  • Praise 3

4 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

Of cos man, I brag to support my claims man 👍👍👍😉 

And I love it when others give me my 👍

Proves I m right...very right another time ya

That's why I have just  given you a 👍 in relation to you post on bragging, no substance and the lack of comprehension.

P.S.  Usually I don't need to brag. 🤣

1 minute ago, Kklee said:

That's why I have just  given you a 👍 in relation to you post on bragging, no substance and the lack of comprehension.

P.S.  Usually I don't need to brag. 🤣

No lah u where got brag one. U always say IMHO.....aka I'm horrendously off-topic. 😉

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

No lah u where got brag one. U always say IMHO.....aka I'm horrendously off-topic. 😉

IMHO. 
That can be use as a short version of a disclaimer. 
Definitely,  this is not a good example of off-topic. 

Anyway,   the statement on the coolant temperature can be read as an example.  I would say take the gauges on the dash as indication.

52 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO. 
That can be use as a short version of a disclaimer. 
Definitely,  this is not a good example of off-topic. 

Anyway,   the statement on the coolant temperature can be read as an example.  I would say take the gauges on the dash as indication.

No need u to say, we also know gauges are for indication, else for ur passenger to lean to ur side to see meh.. IMHO. Aiyo... Why u remove ur pants to fart? 😉

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Unfazed said:

I scrolled up and down, read the posts a few times...and finally the realisation dawned on me....that...

...he thought your words above were referring to me! 🤣

Hence the "like 👍" cos you support him!

Unless my comprehension really fail. LOL

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Unfazed said:

No need u to say, we also know gauges are for indication, else for ur passenger to lean to ur side to see meh.. IMHO. Aiyo... Why u remove ur pants to fart? 😉

IMHO.
You will be surprise how many do not know.  Especially the speedometer.  
But that is good .... 

Edited by Kklee

30 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I scrolled up and down, read the posts a few times...and finally the realisation dawned on me....that...

...he thought your words above were referring to me! 🤣

Hence the "like 👍" cos you support him!

Unless my comprehension really fail. LOL

Hmm...  nvm,  since he want  👍,  I give - it's free. 

5 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.
You will be surprise how many do not know.  Especially the speedometer.  
But that is good .... 

🤣 What is so surprising especially abt the speedo? That many of us do not know? Share share pls? But dun give us info that is as gd as removing ur pants to fart ah, or motherhood statement like speedo tells us our speed n how fast or slow we are ya?  Share something that many dunno here cos we are here to learn but not to listen to farty noises ya? 😂

6 minutes ago, Kklee said:

Hmm...  nvm,  since he want  👍,  I give - it's free. 

No it is not free. U will be surprised what satisfaction one can get outta it. Just like the thread u hv created as TS yourself. Nothing beats the feeling of being a TS u know. 😉

1 minute ago, Unfazed said:

No it is not free. U will be surprised what satisfaction one can get outta it. Just like the thread u hv created as TS yourself. Nothing beats the feeling of being a TS u know. 😉

I give because it is free. 

7 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

🤣 What is so surprising especially abt the speedo? That many of us do not know? Share share pls? But dun give us info that is as gd as removing ur pants to fart ah, or motherhood statement like speedo tells us our speed n how fast or slow we are ya?  Share something that many dunno here cos we are here to learn but not to listen to farty noises ya? 😂

IMHO.
I come across many drivers follow speedometer at camera.  Usually they travel slower.  

Edited by Kklee
↡ Advertisement