AC Cooling coil expensive to replace

Cirruslogic

On Sunday I discovered my 2018 Honda Vezel was not blowing cool air. When I googled AC problems in cars, one article said in most cases the cooling coil was faulty.

True enough, the technician had to remove and install a new cooling coil. It was an expensive episode. The workshop charged me 380 dollars for part and labour. The labour charge made up most of the cost. Has anyone repaired at a cheaper price? So disappointed. I thought a Japanese made car won't have issues like this. I wanted to go JB and repair but of course that is not possible during these times.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
18 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

If 380 is too much for you to swallow, 

Start selling your car is my advice for you. 

or buy a conti

my car's aircon is working fine, problem free, 9 years old car, 260,000km

I didn't even need to top up gas

-----------------------------------------------------

sarcasm aside, $380 is not expensive to replace an aircon cooling coil at all.

Edited by Phang
  • Praise 10

1 hour ago, Cirruslogic said:

On Sunday I discovered my 2018 Honda Vezel was not blowing cool air. When I googled AC problems in cars, one article said in most cases the cooling coil was faulty.

True enough, the technician had to remove and install a new cooling coil. It was an expensive episode. The workshop charged me 380 dollars for part and labour. The labour charge made up most of the cost. Has anyone repaired at a cheaper price? So disappointed. I thought a Japanese made car won't have issues like this. I wanted to go JB and repair but of course that is not possible during these times.

380 is not expensive. go see the amount of work involves in order to replace the coil you will know what i mean. But for a 2018 car to replace cooling coil seems way too early. 

• Praise 4

Twincharged
6 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

380 is not expensive. go see the amount of work involves in order to replace the coil you will know what i mean. But for a 2018 car to replace cooling coil seems way too early. 

Well the boss of L&Kim Aircon, even mentioned he had to send in his 1year old Hyundai to replace the cooling coil under warranty. He also shake head as to why it failed so early. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Luckily he driving a Vezel,costed just $380 to change Cooling Coil,try driving a Mercedes Benz or BMW,maybe 6-8 times...

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Cirruslogic said:

$380 for an evaporator is very reasonable if original parts were used...but steep if the ws used oem parts.

Edited by BoneStock
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Bro. your title wrong lah, not cooling oil. is cooling coil. I tot what medicine oil you are saying for your aircon leh.

anyway, can't help if your cooling coil needs to replace. It is wear and tear parts. The more you use, the faster it will go kaput.

Go get it changed. $380 I find it reasonable le. Cuz some cars it is very hard to reach for the cooling coil and need to dismantle many part in order to reach it, so the labour will be much much higher.

For aircon, my only only go to shop is L & Kim Car air con.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

380 very cheap liao. buay hiam liao

• Praise 1

Was recently quoted $1300 for cooling coil change, but thankfully it was a wrong diagnosis by Markcool. Eventually went to L&Kim and cost me $0 to get the aircon problem fixed.

Ya so $380 is not expensive but a bit premature. 

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Was recently quoted $1300 for cooling coil change, but thankfully it was a wrong diagnosis by Markcool. Eventually went to L&Kim and cost me $0 to get the aircon problem fixed.

Ya so $380 is not expensive but a bit premature. 

L&Kim rocks! hahaha.

Anyway, I not affiliated with him. I just like how honest Mr Loo is!

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Thks for the thread and everyone's input.

Ok. Today I managed to learn that $380 for cooling coil and labour is not expensive.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Haha! 5

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

L&Kim rocks! hahaha.

Honestly, I have MCF to thank. I was about to commit to the coil change at Markcool, until I decided to research in MCF, found L&Kim, went there for a second opinion, and thank goodness, it was not a cooling coil issue and just required 5 minutes to fix, FOC somemore! 

• Praise 5

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

L&Kim rocks! hahaha.

Yeah. They are fast hand fast leg too.

• Praise 2

9 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Thks for the thread and everyone's input.

Ok. Today I managed to learn that $380 for cooling coil and labour is not expensive.

Unless it's unnecessary...😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2