Tire size not available in Singapore, how?

Shouyi

Hi, wonder if any bros encounter this problem before. My stock tire size is 205/45 R18. I asked some prominent shops and come to the conclusion that this size is not available in Singapore. 

What are the options available when the time comes for replacement. I have no intention to change the rims.Thks.

↡ Advertisement

17 minutes ago, Shouyi said:

Hi, wonder if any bros encounter this problem before. My stock tire size is 205/45 R18. I asked some prominent shops and come to the conclusion that this size is not available in Singapore. 

What are the options available when the time comes for replacement. I have no intention to change the rims.Thks.

Hi ,  your agent should have the tires for you, unless your car is PI. 215/45/R18 might be available, the size difference is only 1% 

• Praise 5

31 minutes ago, Shouyi said:

@Shouyi 

https://www.tyrepac.com/tyres/detail/48734 for 205/45 R18

https://www.lazada.sg/products/michelin-pilot-sport-4-made-in-europe-price-include-islandwide-delivery-and-installation-various-sizes-available-under-variation-click-and-select-yours-now-i889372275-s3080874887.html? 

for 205/40 R18

Edited by Mahjong74
  • Praise 5

Twincharged
10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

My tyre 205/45 17 rare in Singapore.  Still can be found.

Yours relatively common. 205/45/18 is super rare. Never heard of it till now. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Shouyi said:

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Hi ,  your agent should have the tires for you, unless your car is PI. 215/45/R18 might be available, the size difference is only 1% 

Yeah. can just upsize to 214/45/18. the rim still can fit one. if not yah. Change rim. You are driving the car, not the car drives you (nuts)!

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

Use an online wheel size calculator to compare size to see what is closest to the original size.

http://www.wheelcalc.com/

The important dimension to note is the overall wheel diameter.

The alternative would be assuming you want to stay at 18" rims. Your original wheel diameter is 620.1mm

1) 215/40 R18   -1.5%(diff between this size and original, will be slightly smaller in diameter.)  Diameter 610.5mm

2) 215/45 R18   +1.9% (slightly bigger)   Diameter 632.2mm

FYI the differences are insignificant for you to feel any difference. Speedometer accuracy wise I also dont think there will be much of a diff. Anyway for your original after wear and tear the diameter will become smaller and smaller as you drive. Ppl will tend to take the slightly bigger diameter size.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Shouyi said:

CAN SHARE what car is that using this size?

(edited)

Scala Style

6 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

CAN SHARE what car is that using this size?

Edited by Shouyi
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Shouyi said:

Scala Style

How old your car or rather how much mileage clocked ........ strange that the Agent brings in a car with odd tires spec 

8 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Skoda Scala Style? New car wor.. change tires so fast? Use first blah..

Ya. Use first. But 3 yrs down the road, need to find replacement mah.

↡ Advertisement