Tire size not available in Singapore, how?

Shouyi

@wlalala not sure if it's worth the effort. Need to coordinate where to deliver to (car workshop need to receive and agree?), pay for the shipping and GST (if not included, one may have to make payment for GST to the immigration?) Etc. Am keen to know if it is economically viable.

↡ Advertisement

23 hours ago, Shouyi said:

I also scared if kenna a puncture so badly that the whole tyre needs replacement...then cannot find really chiam..

LOL.. either use a more common tyre so you can change 1 tyre... otherwise you may need to change all 4.

also if you change tyre over 3 years, then 10 years only use 3 sets. consider that depreciation for the car average 10K a year, 1K for tyres every 3 years is still not too hard to bear.

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Koster said:

@wlalala not sure if it's worth the effort. Need to coordinate where to deliver to (car workshop need to receive and agree?), pay for the shipping and GST (if not included, one may have to make payment for GST to the immigration?) Etc. Am keen to know if it is economically viable.

Not worth it unless you are importing some special tires for track. Else it will more economical to buy another brand or switch sizes. 
I paid $150 each for a Dunlop z1 star spec 185/60r14 about 10years ago shipped in from Japan for use on a Kangoo van. A similar regular tire was about half the price. 

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Not worth it unless you are importing some special tires for track. Else it will more economical to buy another brand or switch sizes. 
I paid $150 each for a Dunlop z1 star spec 185/60r14 about 10years ago shipped in from Japan for use on a Kangoo van. A similar regular tire was about half the price. 

😮 I asking cause my tyre now is 255/60R20

Which so far have yet to find a shop that has it... Intend to change to 275/55R20 which again same story

So basically only option now is to go back to dealer, which also means have to stick to stock size.

but oh well, the car is still new so that's tomorrow's problem I guess.

Edited by wlalala

I dont know whats wrong with my eyes or brains.. everytime i see your thread titile my eye keep seeing

This size not available in singapore, how?

and instantly my brain will think of dirty things.. what do you mean this size not available?

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
1 hour ago, wlalala said:

Which so far have yet to find a shop that has it... Intend to change to 275/55R20 which again same story

So basically only option now is to go back to dealer, which also means have to stick to stock size.

Ah new defender. Seems like only the new defender uses this size. You can try tire rack in the USA. Some folks in sg have shipped over tires. Not cheap but maybe better than the prices that wearnes will charge. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, wlalala said:

If you dare to try this challenge, cheap tires wouldnt be a problem for your ride 🤣

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Haha! 2

I faced this problem when I got my current car 6 years ago. Stock tire size was 205/50/17. Not as rare as TS case but still uncommon. The real problem is that I am limited to only certain tire models (none that i prefer) and are 50 to 100% more expensive at the same time. I did some calculations and changed the rims to a slightly wider one (from 6.5 to 7.5, 17 inch remain) and now I can have a  much more wider tire selection at much cheaper prices. The new rims pay for itself from the tires savings over the next 2 rounds.

It was win win win for me. I can and did gotten good tires (PS4, F1a3, p7cint, etc), saved money and enjoyed better rims which were my dream rims and 30% lighter than the stock they replaced.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
15 hours ago, Columbian78 said:

I faced this problem when I got my current car 6 years ago. Stock tire size was 205/50/17. Not as rare as TS case but still uncommon. The real problem is that I am limited to only certain tire models (none that i prefer) and are 50 to 100% more expensive at the same time. I did some calculations and changed the rims to a slightly wider one (from 6.5 to 7.5, 17 inch remain) and now I can have a  much more wider tire selection at much cheaper prices. The new rims pay for itself from the tires savings over the next 2 rounds.

It was win win win for me. I can and did gotten good tires (PS4, F1a3, p7cint, etc), saved money and enjoyed better rims which were my dream rims and 30% lighter than the stock they replaced.

BBS ah? hahah.

6 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

Te37sl

actually these type of rims the design more lasting.( dun know how to say)

more 耐看。 dun need very fanciful pattern design or colour.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
10 minutes ago, Beregond said:

actually these type of rims the design more lasting.( dun know how to say)

more 耐看。 dun need very fanciful pattern design or colour.

Is very iconic, can go well with any car and any color.

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Is very iconic, can go well with any car and any color.

i forgot the exact design , too many repical around.

but i believe the spoke protude out of the rims. 

very easy to scatch and hit the kerb

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Beregond said:

i forgot the exact design , too many repical around.

but i believe the spoke protude out of the rims

very easy to scatch and hit the kerb

There is a whole array of TE37 they come out with Rays sure know how to milk our money. hahaha.

https://www.rayswheels.co.jp/products/wheel.php?lang=en&wheel=TE37

https://www.rayswheels.co.jp/products/wheel.php?lang=en&wheel=TE37SAGA

https://www.rayswheels.co.jp/products/wheel.php?lang=en&wheel=TE37SL

Indeed. Alot of replica, but that is also a statement that this rim is highly desirable.

• Praise 1

On 3/28/2021 at 6:42 PM, wlalala said:

you can consider contact your regular tire dealer , sometime they allow indent order only thing is you may have to wait for 3 months or longer.

just mHO

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2