How do you erase an iphone without updating the iOS?

therock

Bros 
I need some help:
I wish to sell an iPhone, and I want to get rid of the contents and personal info, but I do not want to update to the latest iOS?
Can I just use the erase function or how should I do it?

Thanks! 

↡ Advertisement

Huh? Is there a reset ritual?

It is very easy. Settings, General...scroll all the way down, Reset, Erase All Contents and Settings.

If cannot, throw it out of a 40 storey building. Then go pick it up. It should be resetted and more....like cracked, break into pieces, etc.

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, therock said:

I want to erase contents, but avoid updating to the latest iOS.. 

If you erase all content & settings, you're not restoring the phone at all. What you're doing is just what that setting says, you're erasing all content & settings, and no, this will not update or change the iOS.

So can just do the what @watwheels suggested.

10 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Settings, General...scroll all the way down, Reset, Erase All Contents and Settings. 

• Praise 1

Some iphone user do not want to erase all contents due to new IOS update means subject to password log-in ( if one forget p/w ) setting etc . . . ( mafan ) perhaps due to some legit reason/s < one receive an used iPhone fm family member/ friend who bought new IP 12 etc, while on low data plan and no intention to upgrade to higher plan since he/she is a senior citizen w/o interfering the old iPhone.

Paiseh if not applicable but is there a "reset to default" feature which technically erases everything without need to update to latest software? 

Oh, I refer to my Samsung note 10+ which have this feature, hence the advance apology if its not found in an iPhone. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1