Engine malfunction light lit on Nissan Sunny

Evo5sg

Hi,

my 15 year N16 Nissan Sunny suddenly has the light on. Friday still ok. Yesterday never use car.

can start, but canned accelerate at all.

even when stationary, cannot increase rpm at all.

car can move slowly.

last serviced in December 2020 at agent.

any idea what is wrong?

Edited by Evo5sg
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Even if TS has an OBD code reader he has to know how to interpret the fault code. 

Sometimes it takes experience to know what triggered the fault code or codes. It might not be as straightforward as what the fault code tells you.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Even if TS has an OBD code reader he has to know how to interpret the fault code. 

Sometimes it takes experience to know what triggered the fault code or codes. It might not be as straightforward as what the fault code tells you.

Newer obd II sends out code and also a brief analysis. 

• Praise 3

12 hours ago, Evo5sg said:

Hi,

my 15 year N16 Nissan Sunny suddenly has the light on. Friday still ok. Yesterday never use car.

car can move slowly.

any idea what is wrong?

Simplest is try to do a “reset” by unplugging battery connectivity and wait a while before connecting back, or other methods specific to Nissan vehicles. If CEL is still on and still encounter same problems, call for tow truck and send to agent/workshop.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Evo5sg said:

Hi,

car can move slowly.

any idea what is wrong?

I encountered before and had to tow my Sunny to WS.

Faulty throttle something, cannot remember. WS had to source from scrape yard a replacement but the 2nd hand part conked out within a week. WS replaced it again, this time FOC but after a long wait as part was hard to come by. In the end, we decided to ditch our 11 yo Nissan Sunny ...... sad lor.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Newer obd II sends out code and also a brief analysis. 

That's not what I'm trying to say.

I give an example that is not related to TS issue.

Sometimes a loose vacuum hose or a loose connection may trigger several fault codes. It might not be a part's problem, or sensor problem. Not every car part has a sensor attached to it so this is what I meant by not as straightforward as what the fault codes tells you. 

Not that easy lah. Otherwise your mechanic jiak sai already.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

I encountered before and had to tow my Sunny to WS.

Faulty throttle something, cannot remember. WS had to source from scrape yard a replacement but the 2nd hand part conked out within a week. WS replaced it again, this time FOC but after a long wait as part was hard to come by. In the end, we decided to ditch our 11 yo Nissan Sunny ...... sad lor.

I dunno whether the Sunny(which year which model) throttle body is the electronic controlled or the cable controlled.

For cable usually the wire cable has stretched over time, that can be easily rectified. For the electronic controlled is replacing the sensor attached to the throttle body. Now all the new cars are electronically controlled. 

4 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I dunno whether the Sunny(which year which model) throttle body is the electronic controlled or the cable controlled.

For cable usually the wire cable has stretched over time, that can be easily rectified. For the electronic controlled is replacing the sensor attached to the throttle body. Now all the new cars are electronically controlled. 

I think it is electronic.

Internal Moderator
15 hours ago, Evo5sg said:

Hi,

car can move slowly.

any idea what is wrong?

with all your descriptions above. . . .

Agent fault lor. Want you to change car. hahahahha.

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
54 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Believe its the fuel injection pump that is causing the trouble..... [sly]

TS tried to accelerate but vehicle not moving  

not necessarily. cannot accelerate is limp home mode. everything is cut back. can be coils, throttle body. unlikely fuel pump as my experience with fuel pumps so far, is they are either working or not.

• Praise 2

Thanks for the replies.

Just go diagnosed.

Accelerator assembly need to replace.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4