Funny sgCarMart Used Car Ads 😂

kobayashiGT

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I know about dogboxes and rev-matching and know that the post contained misinformation.

I didn't know that clutchless manual gear shifts were possible though..thanks for the detailed explanation!

😀

Yes, possible. A detailed explanation is given above so I’ll just describe how it feels (I was forced to do it as my clutch spring snapped).

It feels counterintuitive, cruel even, to pull the car out of gear and into the next one. Aside from the specific RPM, you also need to be brave enough to use enough force. Done right, it will pop out of one gear, and with similar force into the next gear, it will snap itself in.

It undoubtedly does bad things for the gearbox, syncros and clutch fork in the long run, and I only ever did it to limp the car to the mechanic’s. But it didn’t take long for me to get the hang of it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

On 3/31/2021 at 8:10 PM, Sdf4786k said:

Well, there are many jokers around. Some selling 9 months old car at prices that are more then when it was sold when new.

market demand i guess, if one shop push the price up then the others will follow suit.

dont forget coe also rocket, if only we have options to trade COE. can make big money by putting a long on COE now to hit 70k in a few years time. 

13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Who is Uncle 9389 and Our Legend Ah Lim 777? Lol.

Ad says beyond explanation but can presume they are probably steel-hearted with lots of guts

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
18 hours ago, Tohto said:

Maybe need to change his phone.

But seriously,  at least shift his car to a higher floor with more space and brighter to take photo lah.

Maybe the owner wants to create some 神秘感?! Lol.

Supercharged

clutchless shifting is possible on normal car, it can be very smooth with the help of synchromesh in the gearbox 

when I was a kid (7~8 years old), my father demonstrated it to me, he allowed me to try, sitting on the passenger seat, on his command, i did the shifting 

upshifting was easy and smooth,  downshifting a bit tricky