Funny sgCarMart Used Car Ads 😂

kobayashiGT

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

The 6sp manual for this car comes with a rev-match function. He's trying his best to describe it to readers.

The function allows the driver to change gears w/o stepping on the clutch pedal during acceleration or slowing but you will have step on the clutch pedal and gradually release it for 1st gear when moving off from a stop.

Yeah, I know that it comes with a rev matching function so that you don't have to perform a heel and toe to manually rev match during downshifting yourself. 

"Comes with clutch pedal to disengage clutch friction disc to change gears."  It is this sentence which is gold comedy, which is kind of a duh moment. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

U want to go eat chicken rice for lunch or what ?

Why parents always ask their kids

You think I stupid or what?

How is the poor kid supposed to answer?

:D

8 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Why parents always ask their kids

You think I stupid or what?

How is the poor kid supposed to answer?

:D

thats why those parents cause the kid to fail MCQ exam

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

I think the funnier part is that the ad has to further elaborate that the 6 speed manual comes with a clutch pedal, which disengages the clutch to change gears 😂

So now I know the real purpose of the clutch pedal, I always thought its meant to be used as a foot rest for my left foot...

SHIT! I have been using my clutch wrongly the whole time! hahahahhahah

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Your queen is drag queen lah. 😂

Oh. I not suppose to laugh at Radx. [lipsrsealed]

haha.

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Watwheels said:

The 6sp manual for this car comes with a rev-match function. He's trying his best to describe it to readers.

The function allows the driver to change gears w/o stepping on the clutch pedal during acceleration or slowing but you will have step on the clutch pedal and gradually release it for 1st gear when moving off from a stop.

Clutchless upshifts/downshifts? Can the car do that?? I thought only a dog box can do that....and that is mostly used in racing cars...

Rev-matching is help driver do a perfect heel-and-toe downshift without having the driver to do the physical chore of heel-and-toe, AFAIK.

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, RadX said:

This is apt

BF64B401-0506-4E81-87F5-71B6E1B3B6F5.jpeg

Yah, I can foresee the ad for your 530, the shortest description in sgcarmart's history:

"If you need to ask, nvm..." 

:D:D

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 9

50 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Yah, I can foresee the ad for your 530, the shortest description in sgcarmart's history:

"If you need to ask, nvm..." 

:D:D

Exactly man

anyway the buyer no need see

he came, pass Cheque to me and drove off and damn happy w his purchase 😂😂

even the groomers said the buyer damn lucky to take my car as they know how I sayang my cars

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Clutchless upshifts/downshifts? Can the car do that?? I thought only a dog box can do that....and that is mostly used in racing cars...

Rev-matching is help driver do a perfect heel-and-toe downshift without having the driver to do the physical chore of heel-and-toe, AFAIK.

Don't bother with that post, it is misinformed. Auto rev matching systems in stick shifts, at least as implemented in two manufacturers I'm aware of - use a sensor attached to the clutch to trigger the computer to expect a gear change. That early warning is what allows the rev matching to be done so smoothly and quickly and precisely, far more than most humans can accomplish.

I have no idea what would happen if you try to clutchlessly shift a car with auto rev matching (turned on). I certainly wouldn't try in a car I cared about at all. In theory, if the computer was actuated by the gear going into neutral rather than the clutch, it might work, but from the research I've done (on Nissans and Hondas), they're actuated by clutch pedal depression. 

But as to whether one can shift clutchlessly with a streetable transmission, the answer is a qualified yes. If you match the revs precisely, you can avoid grinding going into gears, even on downshifts. I used to drive this way in my Kia Rio many years back. That was a cheap car I wanted to thrash the heck out of (and mission accomplished, I'd say). Basically, for upshifts, you rev briefly and lift off the throttle to keep the engine moving, it makes it easier to free the gear without the clutch. Revving it also helps to build a bit of buffer so you have time to catch the next higher gear on the way down the tachometer. Then, timing it just right, you slip it into the right higher gear as the revs are falling past the right point. Downshifting is significantly more difficult as you'll need to rev first and lift to free the gear then rev it even more to match the expected engine speed at the desired next lower gear plus a buffer for the time you expect to take to complete the operation. Then you slip it in as the revs are falling down the tach at the right point. Don't force anything in, don't grind anything into submission (although you will inevitably grind some when learning the ropes). You'll be able to shift without touching the clutch except for the shift to first from a stop. 

Note that *any* manual transmission can be driven that way. Not that anyone sane would want to in a car that they cared about (I didn't care about that one, and I wanted to see if I could master the shift points). It has nothing to do with the computerised auto rev matching system in modern manuals.

Dogboxes are built for abuse and clutchless shifting with a rapid, violent action. Straight cut, thick gears helps a lot. So they will suffer a lot less being constantly put through abuse than a street transmission. You can ram gears home with a dogbox. But in principle (and in my experience), a streetable transmission can be driven clutchlessly, but greater precision is required to prevent cumulative damage, and you don't get the shift speed you can with a dogbox. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 6

26 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Don't bother with that post, it is misinformed. Auto rev matching systems in stick shifts, at least as implemented in two manufacturers I'm aware of - use a sensor attached to the clutch to trigger the computer to expect a gear change. That early warning is what allows the rev matching to be done so smoothly and quickly and precisely, far more than most humans can accomplish.

I have no idea what would happen if you try to clutchlessly shift a car with auto rev matching (turned on). I certainly wouldn't try in a car I cared about at all. In theory, if the computer was actuated by the gear going into neutral rather than the clutch, it might work, but from the research I've done (on Nissans and Hondas), they're actuated by clutch pedal depression. 

But as to whether one can shift clutchlessly with a streetable transmission, the answer is a qualified yes. If you match the revs precisely, you can avoid grinding going into gears, even on downshifts. I used to drive this way in my Kia Rio many years back. That was a cheap car I wanted to thrash the heck out of (and mission accomplished, I'd say). Basically, for upshifts, you rev briefly and lift off the throttle to keep the engine moving, it makes it easier to free the gear without the clutch. Revving it also helps to build a bit of buffer so you have time to catch the next higher gear on the way down the tachometer. Then, timing it just right, you slip it into the right higher gear as the revs are falling past the right point. Downshifting is significantly more difficult as you'll need to rev first and lift to free the gear then rev it even more to match the expected engine speed at the desired next lower gear plus a buffer for the time you expect to take to complete the operation. Then you slip it in as the revs are falling down the tach at the right point. Don't force anything in, don't grind anything into submission (although you will inevitably grind some when learning the ropes). You'll be able to shift without touching the clutch except for the shift to first from a stop. 

Note that *any* manual transmission can be driven that way. Not that anyone sane would want to in a car that they cared about (I didn't care about that one, and I wanted to see if I could master the shift points). It has nothing to do with the computerised auto rev matching system in modern manuals.

Dogboxes are built for abuse and clutchless shifting with a rapid, violent action. Straight cut, thick gears helps a lot. So they will suffer a lot less being constantly put through abuse than a street transmission. You can ram gears home with a dogbox. But in principle (and in my experience), a streetable transmission can be driven clutchlessly, but greater precision is required to prevent cumulative damage, and you don't get the shift speed you can with a dogbox. 

I know about dogboxes and rev-matching and know that the post contained misinformation.

I didn't know that clutchless manual gear shifts were possible though..thanks for the detailed explanation!

😀

• Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Old-driver said:

Driven is the name of the Dealer.... 😵

Joel Cheong of Driven Singapore.?

↡ Advertisement