Knocking sound under car

Icebird

What is GWGB?

I only know EIEIO.

:grin:

image.thumb.png.f81545487ea62bb3f9188f8c58e1c604.png

4 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

I agree. But there's nothing wrong with asking for advice la. If not what is a forum or social media for, especially a CAR forum? It's ok to ask for advice to know roughly what you're getting into but please go to a car workshop to diagnose and get it fixed. You can seek advice, talk about life, rant, start a discussion on matters that affects you till you can't sleep, or just GWGB haha. 

If we still want MCF around ten years later, then I believe we can be a lot more receptive. [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

While perception has it that the sound might be coming from behind your seat, the sound could likely be from the shocks, get a mechanic to jack up the car should be able to narrow down the cause.  

I second that. Based on my experience with 2 of my Honda, it is high likely the worn out shock absorber. Intermittent knocking sound at first and it get more prominent and consistent after another 5000 to 10000km.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

I agree. But there's nothing wrong with asking for advice la. If not what is a forum or social media for, especially a CAR forum? It's ok to ask for advice to know roughly what you're getting into but please go to a car workshop to diagnose and get it fixed. You can seek advice, talk about life, rant, start a discussion on matters that affects you till you can't sleep, or just GWGB haha. 

If we still want MCF around ten years later, then I believe we can be a lot more receptive. [flowerface]

Some people just get a kick out of endless negativity. 😁

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Maybe loose exhaust pipes, if not suspension components worn (which would be further back). 

Or James secretly strapped his MIL under the car.

I am more inclined to think that it could be the exhaust pipe suspension rings. One of the rubble rings could have broken leaving the pipe partially dangling, thus knocking against the under carriage when going over bumpy surfaces.

• Praise 1

A few other common things to check could be worn anti-roll bar bushings, torn/worn endlinks for ARB, and torn bushings for suspension lower arms.

All can contribute to creaking and knocking noises, beyond just the shock absorbers themselves. Heck, even worn suspension top mount for macpherson struts can cause such noises. Good luck, been there done that.

↡ Advertisement