• Toyota Hilux
    • Ssangyong Musso
    • Mercedes-Benz G-class
    • Ford Ranger
    • Land Rover
    • Others - name your choice

Twincharged
4 hours ago, yishunite said:

If they serious about reliability definitely Hilux/Landcruiser. Everywhere in third world country these are the only ones worth buying

But somehow I suspect it will be another problemchild Mercedes (when I was in NS I remember MB GD 240/290 terrible for maintenance)

Same with the Land Rover. Slow as tortoise too. Try escaping enemy fire in one and likely you’ll be shot till holes in everyone of those panels. 

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
(edited)
4 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Defender Aluminum. Ford? Rust bucket!

Just get Hilux - Toughest truck in the world, as proven by Top Gear.

If they decide ion G63, then need to go to Mdm President to use reserves!

This one is good.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/land-cruiser-utility-commercial/105924/toyota-land-cruiser-utility-commercial-review-pictures

https://m.sgcarmart.com/new_cars//overview.php?CarCode=12438

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
20 minutes ago, SGCMmadman said:

Nuting will ever replace the old skool defenders.  No need scrap... put in resale market, sure get snapped up.

Most nsf drivers drive conti brands like mercs benz tonners n land rovers wen serving country... after rod/ord.. downgrade drive own  jepun n kimchi cars.. 🤭

Don’t get me started on the defender. Used as a safety vehicle but the damn thing is a safety hazard in itself. 😂

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 6

I've tried the Hummer, the Defender, Ford and the Hilux (as a commerical vehicle) as a VC..

The Hummer is too wide and consumes too much gas..

The Ford is a soft vehicle and not really meant for real off road conditions.

The Defender is a real off road vehicle, but the current version is too expensive.

The Hilux is a truck that keeps going... the ground clearance is very decent, even if it's not a true offroader. 

I hope they will consider the Landcruiser or Prado. 

The current Vitara is no longer a ladder frame, so that's not a good choice and I believe it's made in Hungary. I recall a Taiwanese video showing rust and poor build quality.. 

Previously Nissan and Mitsubishi also offered alternatives, but right now, only the Nissan Frontier is a possibility.. 

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

pretty no brainer. Toyota any day.

Well at least the Ford Everest had a nice cold aircon.

The aircon cold issit because of the name? hehehe.

Mount everest, the aircon inside must be cold. . . hahaha.

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
10 minutes ago, therock said:

I've tried the Hummer, the Defender, Ford and the Hilux (as a commerical vehicle) as a VC..

The Hummer is too wide and consumes too much gas..

The Ford is a soft vehicle and not really meant for real off road conditions.

The Defender is a real off road vehicle, but the current version is too expensive.

The Hilux is a truck that keeps going... the ground clearance is very decent, even if it's not a true offroader. 

I hope they will consider the Landcruiser or Prado. 

The current Vitara is no longer a ladder frame, so that's not a good choice and I believe it's made in Hungary. I recall a Taiwanese video showing rust and poor build quality.. 

Previously Nissan and Mitsubishi also offered alternatives, but right now, only the Nissan Frontier is a possibility.. 

I think the HILUX would be quite similar to the Everest. At least from the rough specs. 

aiyah.. you all got it wrong... just choose whatever is popular in malaysia... if break down still got a lot of them to borrow..

some if want to do recce, just keep the stock paint and fix a JB plate can already..

• Haha! 4

3 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I think the HILUX would be quite similar to the Everest. At least from the rough specs. 

Specs might be similar, but the reliability might be quite different... I've never seen a terrorist drive a Ford, unless he intends to crash it 🙂

• Haha! 7

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

aiyah.. you all got it wrong... just choose whatever is popular in malaysia... if break down still got a lot of them to borrow..

some if want to do recce, just keep the stock paint and fix a JB plate can already..

Malaysia got only one brand...

8l47ghvtama61.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 13

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Just get the Landcruiser 70 series, militarised it and call it a day already. 

. If they go for the new LR Defender, they're nuts as Jaguar Land Rover products aren't reliable. 

Dont think saf want to consider assets from india company. Japan, US, European, maybe. Nothing less.

• Haha! 3

25 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Don’t get me started on the defender. Used as a safety vehicle but the damn thing is a safety hazard in itself. 😂

Lmao😅

6 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Just get the Landcruiser 70 series, militarised it and call it a day already. 

image.thumb.png.66eeadab8a06eb742c7176e4bef963fc.png

But knowing SAF, Toyota not atas enough. So it will be some Euro/Conti brand like Mercedes, MAN etc. If they go for the new LR Defender, they're nuts as Jaguar Land Rover products aren't reliable. 

Lai lai..just get ST Land Systems to modify the LC70s

image.thumb.png.6c8c9514991c43c2c765096e9a982729.png

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Ask SAF to align to Govt's green plan. Start thinking alternative energy for all future military vehicles. Cannot ask us to all convert to EV, while MID plates continue to pollute the air right?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2