Huawei P50 Pro is coming with 1-inch Camera Sensor

steveluv

Too bad the lack of Google kills the otherwise a very good phone. F that DT...

My Mate 20X is over 2 years old now and everything still function like day one. The expansive 7.2" screen with 18:9 ratio is simply awesome for personal viewing and small group presentation, no joke. Too bad no more large screen phone from HW and even XM currently. [:(]

• Praise 12

nobody buying huawei phones internationally lah.

Western phone reviewers more or less stopped reviewing. Even though they still review Xiaomi, vivo, oppo, oneplus.

• Sad 1

(edited)

No matter how great e android based hp, w/o gms outside china is a major handicap

Edited by zipping
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Too bad the lack of Google kills the otherwise a very good phone. F that DT...

My Mate 20X is over 2 years old now and everything still function like day one. The expansive 7.2" screen with 18:9 ratio is simply awesome for personal viewing and small group presentation, no joke. Too bad no more large screen phone from HW and even XM currently. [:(]

You can say F that DT (and I agree because I love Huawei too - I'm typing this on my Mate 20 Pro) but DT showed he meant business when he did that. 

China retaliated very weakly. It increased tariffs on this and that. But while that affected some farmers in the US, they still supported Trump (his eventual loss was the mail-in votes from the more liberal voters, the stalwart conservatives still voted DT).

Basically, a no horse run super strong China response would've been to:

1) immediately stop ALL Chinese exports to the US and threaten to do the same to any country that was suspected to be reselling Chinese goods to the US. The scope would be complete - not just raw materials but also consumer goods, chips, casings, MAGA hats, whatever crap USA was in the least bit dependent on from China would *immediately* evaporate overnight. No online shopping from Aliexpress, Lazada etc. Everything would be stopped in transit, money refunded (or not, who cares right?!). All Chinese merchants would be forced to close their Ebay and Amazon accounts overnight on threat of fines or prison in China.

2) All Chinese investment in the US would immediately be liquidated. Chinese citizens would be compelled to close their holdings in the US, at a loss if need be, and prevented from opening new investments. A totalitarian regime can jolly well do all this if it had the balls. But to sweeten the deal, the investors can be given assured concessions in capital protected investments in China and its favoured countries down the road.

3) immediately dump China owned US treasury debt. This is the always-implicit threat with so much of US's foreign debt being owned by China, but China should immediately have made the threat explicit and done just that. 

Now, those are all things China *could* have done (I'm not going to suggest more outlandish measures like recalling their citizens including students and professionals because I am unsure if it'll have a significant impact). But the fact that China didn't do these things basically shows that at that time, the US held a much stronger hand. China's export economy might never have recovered if they'd done the first. China's foreign currency reserves would have taken a hit with the second. And the third might not have had much of an impact if Japan had started buying up the debt immediately as China had sold it off. And I doubt the fiat currency of the US would've taken much of a hit at all.

All in all, DT would've just laughed it off if China had actually deployed those economic "nuclear options" all at the same time. His rabidly deluded demographic would've supported him harder than ever. And he would have used that excuse to be even more brazen in supporting Taiwan. And I think China likes to talk big, but they don't want a real military showdown with the US. We all know who will ultimately win that one. The Chinese pretend to be dispassionate, but the Americans are the truly ruthless ones when it comes to the lethal application of military force. 

All in all, the Chinese preferred to wait for Trump to leave office and a Democrat to assume power. Even though the measures wouldn't visibly relax, you can bet Biden would not harden the stance any further, and even look the other way when companies coloured a little outside the lines. 

The sad thing is, Huawei was a necessary sacrifice. And I don't think they'll ever recover. I think adoption of Harmony OS, Petal apps etc outside China will only ever be a niche thing, done by the same jokers who enjoy rooting their phones (but even they are often too paranoid to trust a Chinese-origin closed source environment). 

• Praise 4

35 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Even though the measures wouldn't visibly relax, you can bet Biden would not harden the stance any further, and even look the other way when companies coloured a little outside the lines. 

Biden confirm will find it tough to challenge China any further, when its already challenging to take on the long flight of stairs to the Air Force One 😁

• Haha! 7

2 hours ago, Freeder said:

If only Leica can combine with Apple... all’s good😅

Maybe go german .. rollie or Hasselblad. U only need to re invent the lens n buy the brand.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Biden confirm will find it tough to challenge China any further, when its already challenging to take on the long flight of stairs to the Air Force One 😁

Don't write off sleepy joe just yet...the dragon warrior could hardly conquer stairs yet he defeated vicious Tai Lung, ferocious Shen and fearsome Kai...😁

• Haha! 1

Aiya, when it comes to phone tech it is very competitive. Rival companies will buy each other phones and take them apart to study.

Dont say DT, the Chinese phone makers arent saints either.  If they dont respect intellectual properties nobody will respect them. If they cant make their own products without copying then they are not good enough to compete. Right now they are ripping others off to compete. Of course ppl will do something about it.

Why put such a large sensor on a phone when you know the limitations will be the camera lens? The user cannot change lens on a phone. Maybe you can attach other lens but who are you kidding? There are still hardware limitations on what you can do to a phone. 

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Maybe go german .. rollie or Hasselblad. U only need to re invent the lens n buy the brand.

Hasselblad already taken by OnePlus

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
17 minutes ago, steveluv said:

Hasselblad already taken by OnePlus

Hasselblad don't have camera lense. hahaha. They only help OnePlus to calibrate and color correct their camera setup.

Good collab thou I would say.

• Praise 3

18 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hasselblad don't have camera lense. hahaha. They only help OnePlus to calibrate and color correct their camera setup.

Good collab thou I would say.

Hasselblad do full frame camera le

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
19 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Hasselblad do full frame camera le

hahahah, I know. that's why the collab is just technical inputs from Hasselbald, some ppl thot the lense is also from Hasselblad mah. If that the case, then the phone will be $2500-ish liao.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, kobayashiGT said:

hahahah, I know. that's why the collab is just technical inputs from Hasselbald, some ppl thot the lense is also from Hasselblad mah. If that the case, then the phone will be $2500-ish liao.

No easy to use Hasselblad.  It is not AUTOFOCUS.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1