$160,000 COV for a 3 decade old Pasir Ris 5 room resale HDB.

noobcarbuyer

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

Ok lah, topmost floor. Will have nice toilets and kitchen without those unsightly pipes. Don't have to worry about neighbours stomping or dragging furnitures. This uncle rich can afford but for me it is a no no.

Top floor is good if your rubbish chute is outside. If rubbish chute is inside your house, top floor not very good, cause there would be a rubbish chute door on your kitchen wall which i find no good.

↡ Advertisement

5 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Eh, this uncle is by no means rich......if you think he is rich, its becos you are not lor.

reality hurts, sorry fellas

Ouch! 😁

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Top floor is good if your rubbish chute is outside. If rubbish chute is inside your house, top floor not very good, cause there would be a rubbish chute door on your kitchen wall which i find no good.

Mine I have it sealed up and have to bring out the rubbish daily. Those rubbish chute outside a lot of people misuse and dirty the place. So got pros and cons, hopefully have good neighbors and not those karang guni type.

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

i like rubbish chute inside the home for the convenience though I only dispose a bag of refuse once or 2x daily.

• Praise 1

(edited)
56 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

Singapore how big?...drive 45 min fall into the sea already...my fren say wan...

any location is a good location....i think/feel, we have excess HDB liao….see those empty HDB built in Sengkang, Punggol, woodlands...yishun...they only report the good location like Queenstown, bishan, AMK....all oversub...but the outskirt all under by how many x..and is sitting there with no takers...so continue to build ahh...

then again, a tweak of a pen, then can solved this under excess problem....just bring in more PRs and Citizen...and they can say again and again housing is not enuff...[laugh] 

I was under the impression that the resale HDB flats in Sengkang and Punggol flats are selling very well? 

Those newer 5 room HDB near Punggol MRT and Sengkang MRT are going for more than $700,000!

In 2008, you could get a decent resale Condo at Bishan for that price!

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/hub-projects/property-2021-april-issue/are-rising-hdb-prices-the-new-normal

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/punggol-sengkang-home-most-hdb-220000733.html

Edited by noobcarbuyer

Internal Moderator
31 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Ladies prefer dumb rich guys to smart poor guys.

:D

NO WONDER! I am still single. hahaha.

but I am barely smart only leh. hahahahha.

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
23 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

i like rubbish chute inside the home for the convenience though I only dispose a bag of refuse once or 2x daily.

Rubbish chute inside is convenience but when they fog the chute, i headache liao.  Cause if you dont tape up the chute, those pests inside the chute will escape through the gap into your house. Lol.

• Haha! 3

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Rubbish chute inside is convenience but when they fog the chute, i headache liao.  Cause if you dont tape up the chute, those pests inside the chute will escape through the gap into your house. Lol.

I like the chute outside 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

many 5rm HDBs also 3 mins from MRT/LRT

fairprice also 3 mins away and sheng shiong is 2 mins away

Hawker ctr is next block....

only catch is in Woodlands, Punggol, Yishun, Jurong...[laugh]

Property agent like to use such term "coveted" address!🤣

My area within walking distance 10 minutes got one ntuc, 15 min sheng siong. 20 minutes another ntuc. 

Less than 1 minutes drive got assho facing  spc. Less than 2 minutes 2 shell.

🤣

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Eh? If chute inside house, does not matter top floor or 2nd floor... all kitchen walls will have the door, tio bo? 

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Eh? If chute inside house, does not matter top floor or 2nd floor... all kitchen walls will have the door, tio bo? 

No no, i not refer to the rubbish chute door for you to throw your rubbish. It is an additional rubbish door on the wall only for the unit on the top floor. I think that door is to access inside the chute in case the chute has problem?

Supercharged

Wonder how special is this HDB unit to deserve a $160k COV. This uncle really too rich until no place to spend ah? 

Supercharged
3 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

I was under the impression that the resale HDB flats in Sengkang and Punggol flats are selling very well? 

Those newer 5 room HDB near Punggol MRT and Sengkang MRT are going for more than $700,000!

In 2008, you could get a decent resale Condo at Bishan for that price!

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/hub-projects/property-2021-april-issue/are-rising-hdb-prices-the-new-normal

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/punggol-sengkang-home-most-hdb-220000733.html

you should check out those not near MRT....at night you see units not light up...

all those taken up/sold that comes out are surely near MRT, near NTUC, near shen siong, 3 mins to so and so....[laugh]

read between the lines my fren...how many is near MRT?

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

you should check out those not near MRT....at night you see units not light up...

all those taken up/sold that comes out are surely near MRT, near NTUC, near shen siong, 3 mins to so and so....[laugh]

read between the lines my fren...how many is near MRT?

Ah that will be true in any area. Amenities will always add value to any property. 

Was just discussing this with my younger colleagues during lunch and they shared that larger resale flats in Sengkang and Punggol near the MRT are already inching towards a million! 

Honestly to me, this is mind boggling. My advice to them is to be prudent and don't be rushing into buying their first property just because everyone else is doing so. 

Screenshot_20210405-122646_PropertyGuru.thumb.jpg.f5153f1c4d400dbfe72cb84445d0a6fd.jpg

So I guess demand for the North East will be heating up and even those unsold units held by the government will be snapped up soon? 

Edited by noobcarbuyer
  • Shocked 2

1 hour ago, Daniu82 said:

Wonder how special is this HDB unit to deserve a $160k COV. This uncle really too rich until no place to spend ah? 

Nice renovation I guess.

But with $160,000, you can also do a renovation so stunning it will feel like having a staycation at the ritz carlton everyday. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Those HDB like in Queenstown area which sell at near $1 mill or more, wonder how much is the COV that buyer paid?

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Nice renovation I guess.

But with $160,000, you can also do a renovation so stunning it will feel like having a staycation at the ritz carlton everyday. 

Even you tear down the whole house and do everything super nice for your HDB also no need $160k.

Anyway, i find even buyer who paid COV $10k already consider crazy liao.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

It's insane. Sold his private prop presumably to spare some cash for his retirement, only to burn 160k straightaway. No other unit to consider? Must stay at highest floor? Lift breakdown is not funny for a senior citizen.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1