COE Bidding – April 2021

Carbon82

50 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

maybe half lah....last time they bought was when COE at few thousand dollar? Now at $40k, I doubt all 15k will run to the showroom. If they are rich people, they wouldn't have chosen the renewal option in the first place, would they? 

Don't generalise la, one of our millionstars in the popular Jurong area drives COE estima, scrapped and changed to another COE estima

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

maybe half lah....last time they bought was when COE at few thousand dollar? Now at $40k, I doubt all 15k will run to the showroom. If they are rich people, they wouldn't have chosen the renewal option in the first place, would they? 

Few thousands dollars Coe in 2016? Cannot be.

2018 COE still about 30-40k

• Praise 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

I dunno how much 5 years COE cost, but my previous car was a $56k COE in 3rd week June 2016! Today COE is below $50k hmmm......

Edited by D3badge

The reason people renew 5 years is because coe was over $50k.

If only "a few k" people would have renewed 10 years.

:D

• Praise 2

21 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

alamak....my facts got wrong. What if people paid low COE at the point of purchase which was 15 years ago. 10 years later they faced high COE, so they decided to pay half COE and continue their, so called cheap COE car for 5 more years?  is my analysis making sense? feel free to add your thoughts 😁

anybody wanna check coe price 15 years ago?😂

anyway I think people renew COE because it is cheaper than buying a new car. if they had any inkling of giving up car ownership, they probably wouldn't have renewed. Because renewing isn't just paying the PQP, their parf is forfeited as well.

The news report not logical.

Lesser extensions could also mean, more rather buy a new car.

With the delay in the scrapped COE returning to the quota pool, this means upfront demand will drive up the COE price.

7 minutes ago, Bensky said:

US auto industry calls for government help as it warns of impact of chip shortage
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/us-auto-industry-calls-for-government-help-as-it-warns-of-impact-of-chip-shortage-14565284

Soon not only are COEs limited, car stocks are dwindling sharply. Better buy while stocks last!!

Would that translate to better resale value or export value of used car? I have one going to either scrapyard or export yard soon...i hope the world is in shortage of metal as well 😁

• Haha! 2

Neutral Newbie

From March 2nd Tender to April 1st Tender- 3 weeks waiting period. COE prices is gonna increase definitely- Only can est how much will it increase...
Anyone wanna sidebet?😎

Such an interesting auction dynamic - price remains at $1 till the last few minutes when it suddenly sky-rockets. I would love to sneak peek into those last few minutes of auction at one of the major ADs.

Supercharged
5 minutes ago, RadX said:

UP ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..huat ah!!!

hahahaha

Got your COE then say up. Lolz. 

• Haha! 2

(edited)

The no. of bids looks strong. Cat B gonna break $1.

Quota is low. All below 1k.

Edited by Lotr

1 minute ago, Daniu82 said:

Got your COE then say up. Lolz. 

i come kacau oni...

• Haha! 1