COE Bidding – April 2021

Carbon82

23 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Since there was no more overseas leisure travel since 2020 and also likely so in 2021 and 2022, a family can easily save $5-10k per year x 3 years = $15-30k.  Hence, current COE prices with a reduced quota (with reference from 1st quarter 2020) seem to be quite reasonable.  If the low quota is sustained for another 1-2 quarters, there might be room for the COE prices to move up by another $5-10k simply based on the overseas trip savings and stronger confidence in the economy (PMI >50).

Uh COE price already went up $10k in the past year... so... ur prediction already came true... or rather its not a prediction anymore 😛

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

12 hours ago, yishunite said:

I thought my $30k COE was a bad deal until last year then realise its a good deal 🤣

People laughed at my $30k COE a year back as "impulse buying". Now those people stopped chatting with me for some reason. So sad.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 8

Neutral Newbie
12 hours ago, Ho2786 said:

don't worry lah.

COE  will drop wan.

if you wait long enough it will drop wan.

Dunno wait till when and even if its the case... as recent history has shown, ah gong wouldn't let it crash. Its one of their 'cash cows' :)

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Seems that in COE biddings, initially people are acting rationally in putting up only $1.

Only till the last hours before closing monkeys came in and messed up the tranquility. :/

So if all can keep calm and rational and not be overcame with anxiety or desperation then we will have $1 COE price and the LTA and govt can go lick their asses.

Let us suppress our desire and anxiety and hope for the $1 coe days. Thumbs up then:)

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, zoobezombe said:

Seems that in COE biddings, initially people are acting rationally in putting up only $1.

Only till the last hours before closing monkeys came in and messed up the tranquility. 😕

So if all can keep calm and rational and not be overcame with anxiety or desperation then we will have $1 COE price and the LTA and govt can go lick their asses.

Let us suppress our desire and anxiety and hope for the $1 coe days. Thumbs up then:)

Doesn't work that way. Demand and supply. ADs collected orders that are based on a certain COE price. So they will bid at that COE to fill the order.

@Ho2786 new S Class is coming. So, Cat B will go up.  Basically, Cat A buyers are more budget cautious.

Whatever go up, it will come down. I have waited 2 years. And  I bought my SX Cerato at 88K in 2018.

If you are budget tight, don't chong. Especially, Cat B.

• Praise 2

(edited)
23 hours ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

Anyone got their COE this round?

I got my cat A COE - first bid.

Edited by Owen_fan

2 hours ago, zoobezombe said:

Only till the last hours before closing monkeys came in and messed up the tranquility. :/

It was me.

I always out in a $1 so I can get the car cheap for my buyers

but all the monkeys keep bidding more and more.

:D

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Twich said:

@Ho2786 new S Class is coming. So, Cat B will go up.  Basically, Cat A buyers are more budget cautious.

Whatever go up, it will come down. I have waited 2 years. And  I bought my SX Cerato at 88K in 2018.

I salute you

best things in life have to wait long long

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

COE will go up a lot more soon.

Faster book your PI car with me now.

:D

Wow !! congratulation! business expand from selling used car to PI cars !! 

Can i sell you biscuit and coffee ? [laugh]

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Ho2786 said:

I salute you

best things in life have to wait long long

Because my pocket is not deep enough. I can't chong. Singapore up and down could be drastic. I have waited for 2 years. And it has paid off. 88K for a new Cerato. My friend 99K for a new Outlander.

The real reason why COE and property prices went up in the midst of epidemic 🙂

$370 million in wage support wrongly paid out to companies; Government to recover monies

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/370-million-in-wage-support-wrongly-paid-out-to-companies-government-to-recover

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

13 hours ago, awhtc said:

The real reason why COE and property prices went up in the midst of epidemic 🙂

$370 million in wage support wrongly paid out to companies; Government to recover monies

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/370-million-in-wage-support-wrongly-paid-out-to-companies-government-to-recover

Thats merely one YOG... whose counting 🤣🤣

• Haha! 2

↡ Advertisement