COE Bidding – April 2021

Carbon82

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Actually no need to be rich people to afford more than 1 car in one household. You can see nowadays quite common to have 2 cars in one household, example like wife and husband both are working, each of them would get their own car. And if children who stay with parents, might also bought their own car. Lol. But these people might not be super rich who stay in private lo. Lol.

Cause all professionals.

Edited by Atachi
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 6

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

1stD93D92E1-B378-4504-8809-EC0636D1AB29.thumb.png.b2e8dd363867778223292dc03293b455.png5BF316E2-945E-4CEA-AB06-193AB876C4F2.thumb.png.42c9633f935a4d03b186e4bbf2cd1852.png

2nd

C06E8C9D-CD61-4763-8435-85E5139614D5.thumb.png.44faccc20bb2be1c14b25b08a2f96dee.png849ADAD3-12CF-40FE-9827-3EE59ED37FC5.thumb.png.eb713fe1badcc086f903a6ee177766f9.png

For the first suggestion, for the part on tagging COE to a person. This will easily create a black resale market for COEs. Under current practice, buyer must buy *both* seller's car and COE together. But if seller can buy COE without having a car, it follows that seller can then buy COE and then sell off for a profit later on leading to market speculation. Do you really want that?? For the part on why "there is a need for dealers to participate" (in COE bidding). The answer is (i) they don't NEED, they are just want to (ii) why not? Nobody stop the individual from self-bidding right? Why should govt FORCE all buyers to bid themselves and PREVENT dealers from helping customer? All buyers got so much time? (iii) There is no proof or even sound logic that says self-bidding will amount to lower COE. It's just what some people "think" and they say it as if its a fact. In fact it could be higher. The last part even more stupid (he saved the most stupid for last). Just because COE is not physical asset then cannot loan? So cannot take study loan also right? Because the right to attend classes and take exams is not a physical asset and worse, you cannot even sell it. At least COE still can sell the unused portion. In fact it is the most stable "investment". You already know it will depreciate 10% every year. no more no less regardless of situation. So what is wrong with having a loan for this? 

Content of second letter was mentioned in this thread earlier. In no particular order: firstly it's not very fair to penalise a collector who works hard for his money to pursue his hobby. Secondly, transport is not a "life essential" that requires govt to ensure level playing field in a tiny island where there is ample public transport and PHVs available as alternatives. Thirdly, Govt is concerned with congestion not "equitable ownership" and congestion is cause by usage, not ownership. If there is a wider spread of unique owners putting *more* cars on the road, this will actually WORSEN congestion, i.e. opposite of the govt's actual objective. Over time this will lead to higher ERP on top of longer jams during peak hours. Finally, people can easily get around this rule by having multiple cars under different family members. 

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, D3badge said:

argument can always be 2 ways! Then other can also blame government not prudent allowing lower income citizens to be more debt ridden!!! As cars are known to be a high depreciation assets! 

Yes, good point!

deja vu.

seen this many times before and the entitled bunch keep complainin this n that

get used ffs

• Praise 2

42 minutes ago, Atachi said:

Cause all professionals.

Simi Professional? I is very professional in my chor kang cum sai kang blue collar work counted boh? 😁

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, D3badge said:

New cars arrival for the COE and new cars sales 😂

D6905BC9-92FC-4A85-9AC8-7B654D30C089.jpeg

alot cars from here are for exporting if not wrong

Each time when COE soar, there will be many ideas and suggestions. I wonder why these ppl want to waste their time talking so much.

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
8 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

Each time when COE soar, there will be many ideas and suggestions. I wonder why these ppl want to waste their time talking so much.

Yeah. Same all shit for the last 30years. Have the changes of open bidding, removal of taxi from CatA made much impact over the years. it’s up up down down up up. 
Nah.... it is a big want in the end. 
bottom line is .. got money buy.... no money kao peh!!! 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 2

25 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

Lagi can't afford...left with talk only...just like me... wait huh...my train door closing liao...tooo...tooo...tooo...😁

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 3

No matter what system they tweaked. Sure got people complain. 

Have money buy, no money no buy.... 

Life is short, so keep kpkb till coe become free... lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
14 minutes ago, Ttl1976 said:

No matter what system they tweaked. Sure got people complain. 

Have money buy, no money no buy.... 

Life is short, so keep kpkb till coe become free... lol

How to ever be free. Even with a new govt the coe cash cow will not be abolished. Those who think otherwise are in their lala land. 

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, Lotr said:

2009 was the GFC. After that the rise could be a combination of cheap money giving people higher buying power, increasing demand due to increasing population and PHV

Did he go for G-COE package?

Yup, 1 bid gtd coe.. so next round confirm get car liao haha

Minor system imperfections in an imperfect world is ok leh. Got money buy loh, not enough money can save up a while then buy also can...

• Praise 2

What is wrong with a person owning many cars

if they can only one at a time?

Its better than one family one car but husband use all day, wife use all weekend

and son use all night.

That way the car is more often on the road.

:D

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

What is wrong with a person owning many cars

if they can only one at a time?

Its better than one family one car but husband use all day, wife use all weekend

and son use all night.

That way the car is more often on the road.

:D

Liddat use car sure get hospitalised....but can solve 2 issues...less cars on roads and workshop owners heypi heypi...

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

everybody has a car? [confused] 

I can only interpret his everybody to mean people in his circle and not literally every Singaporean.  But whatever lah, just another elite living in his ivory tower 

↡ Advertisement