COE Bidding – April 2021

Carbon82

There is only one direction, up up and away. Just imagine how much gov coffer had been spent and still spending. The deep hole must be refilled period.

I wonder will anyone take notice of my post. 

• Haha! 1

On 4/26/2021 at 1:40 PM, Ttl1976 said:

No matter what system they tweaked. Sure got people complain. 

Have money buy, no money no buy.... 

Life is short, so keep kpkb till coe become free... lol

If COE is free, majority of the population will be driving then complain why so many cars on the road.

COE is good, but the policy and implementation needs to be reviewed with changing times. Allowing bidders to hold for 6 months with just a $10k deposit needs to be reviewed as this leads to COE hoarding by the big players.

It is even worse for motorcycle community as the deposit is only $200 !

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Tjon said:

There is only one direction, up up and away. Just imagine how much gov coffer had been spent and still spending. The deep hole must be refilled period.

I wonder will anyone take notice of my post. 

Yes yes I just took notice 😬👍🏻

Neutral Newbie

I am trying to do a multiple scenario simulation for the PQP especially for those people whose COE is expiring in the next few months and considering to renew COE.  As you know PQP is based on the average of the bids in the last 3 months (6 bids).  From all scenario assuming the COE went down compared to April 2nd bid, the PQP will increase drastically.  So it might be better to forgo a few months of COE and renew COE based on April PQP.  This is just my rational analysis for the various scenarios.

image.thumb.png.2b13da144e38bc0b1f2342c068ebad08.png

8 hours ago, Bakuteh said:

I am trying to do a multiple scenario simulation for the PQP especially for those people whose COE is expiring in the next few months and considering to renew COE.  As you know PQP is based on the average of the bids in the last 3 months (6 bids).  From all scenario assuming the COE went down compared to April 2nd bid, the PQP will increase drastically.  So it might be better to forgo a few months of COE and renew COE based on April PQP.  This is just my rational analysis for the various scenarios.

image.thumb.png.2b13da144e38bc0b1f2342c068ebad08.png

on the basis this is correct then today is the last day!

On 4/28/2021 at 10:21 AM, ZMC said:

If COE is free, majority of the population will be driving then complain why so many cars on the road.

COE is good, but the policy and implementation needs to be reviewed with changing times. Allowing bidders to hold for 6 months with just a $10k deposit needs to be reviewed as this leads to COE hoarding by the big players.

not defending the present coe policy but only thinking aloud ..

at $10000 deposit, even 100 open tcoes will cost the car co $1 million ..

if car co tries to keep just 50 open tcoes per bid, it will be half a million dollars every half month ..

this is not a small sum to keep tied up from the car co's perspective ..

ok now a handful of big players do accumulate open tcoes every round and they are said to "control" the bidding but smaller car co and pi still have a chance to get a few open tcoe with a $10000 deposit.

increase deposit means possibly fewer car co especially the smaller car co and pi are able to bid for open tcoe to tie up capital, but only bid in cat A/B after they have a sale (can collected deposit).

means what? fewer big players "controlling" the open bidding means they can bring the price as high as they want? dont forget that having open tcoe means can sell cars on the spot - there are people who walk in and want the car soon, and if there is stock it is to the car co advantage to use open tcoe to register the car and collect money.

remember car co dont make money when you walk in to buy a car, they make money when they manage to successfully bid a coe to register the car for you.

so for many smaller car co they are only left with bidding when you buy .. means chance of getting coe may be lower .. when car co have open tcoe, they can try bidding in car A/B for you but if really unsuccessful they can still use open tcoe to register car and collect money rather than cancel sale due to unsuccessful bidding. 

or the car co have no choice but to chiong to bid higher to get the cat A/B coe for you.

means higher coe prices overall?

or if the smaller car co doesnt have the profit margin to bid higher they have to cancel the sale .. eventually after a while if much of this happens what buyers are likely to do is to buy from the car co that have the buffer pool of open tcoe because they are known to have a higher chance of registering the car for you.

means what? fewer car co survive the market? fewer car co means choice less plus higher car prices?

be careful what we wish for .. hahaha

Waste bandwidth!.. lol truly like many have said before. Have money buy car. Not enough  money don’t buy. 

I feel property buy is the most important purchase. Cars are just a waste of money.....

• Praise 2

(edited)

But how come the rich buy few cars and are still so rich. The average joe never buy car save money but still average🤣

Edited by Ginyu

9 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

But how come the rich buy few cars and they are still so rich furthermore they also own many properties. The average joe never buy car save money but still average🤣

Yolo 

do ur sums

dun b so calculative think coe up down up down like sex

I walk the talk… I buy whn I want and CAN

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 4/28/2021 at 10:21 AM, ZMC said:

open cat COEs are  the only transferable COEs, but they are only valid for 3 months, how many COEs can a big player hoard ?

For Cat A and Cat B, how the big players hoard when the COEs are not transferable ? Hoard for who ? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
18 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

This Month started to have more Covid-19 Cases,will the COE price lower.?

Opposite effect. More ppl scared take public transport

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, james1055 said:

Hope it will drop and then we go in.

haha but you do realise if you do this it is one step behind?

coe drop, car price drop, you (and many others) think cheap then go in and book (for bidding next round) but because car price has dropped the dealer has less margins to bid high (except the fat margin ones who anyway dont adjust list prices but instead vary the amount of the over trade) to get your coe ..

so you may end up having to top up or cancel booking ..

↡ Advertisement