Star Awards 2021

Thaiyotakamli

9 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

Endframe_1024x1024@2x.thumb.png.dbf232d8cc9a855b5315fb2d36153f90.pngcrew.thumb.jpg.c8014cfacfbb177ee78eea6c6acb181c.jpg

She got act in one drama with shaun chen 2019 drama

Very nice

She deserves an award

Maybe not top 10 but at least best supporting actress

Afterall she is laojiao can act one

Kym ng wahlau sian

So she acted this drama based on project basic? She has left mediacorpse right?

↡ Advertisement

21 minutes ago, Blueray said:

can play young mummy, little 3, host programs etc.

still got opportunities lah, just that mediacorp dunno how to create the roles.

i find it so so, stereotyping imho.

best acting in the show 

1. Gini Chang

2. Xu Bin

So so ah? then don't watch liao haha

16 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I'm not really a big TV fan so for me is not a must watch. i probably only watch 70~80% of the whole series. The story is kind of weak towards the end, which is common for local production. but it is probably one of the best local CH8 production in recent years. i would say it will be worth your time. 

Currently watching le prawn park. Alaric and Vanessa are quite funny. Star awards should also include our CH5 celebrities. Many only come to limelight after crossing over to mandarin shows. 

Talking about weak endings, I have watched many K dramas recently and all of them have a fatal flaw: LJ and lame ending aka last episode :D

Anyway, will try watching this when I really have nothing to watch :D

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Blueray said:

some of the 40+ yo actresses who deserves more roles are Yvonne Lim, Lina Ng and Cynthia Koh.

Think Cynthia Koh has been given quite a few roles recently. And Lina Ng has just make a comeback to the acting scene recently i think, and she appeared in quite a few drama liao.

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

I do not follow local dramas for long time but my car is tuned to 97.2FM due to easy listening and funny banters among the 4 hosts. 

I am just glad that Mark Lee did not get any award unlike Marcus Chin and Dennis Chew. Mark Lee has been very arrogant and always pile on Marcus Chin during the show which sometimes border on bullying. Too bad Marcus has to take it as Mark Lee is his boss haha. This morning it was obvious Mark Lee had been difficult and trying to pour cold water when the group tried to share info on how they going to celebrate with their fans by giving some food vouchers among other things. Really hilarious.

FM97.2 also won the inaugural Best Radio Programme as expected. But I do not think it can be sustained as obviously someone there think he has a bigger head and think he is most talented and always want to be the center of attention..

The Breakfast Quartet by LOVE 972

Never like Mark Lee and find he always talk yaya and big. And he ages quite bad also, think he is only 52 this year and his face and skin complexion maintain quite badly.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

she living in taiwan for many years liao

came bk 3 months or smtg juz to shoot the drama with shaun chen

jeanette aw i like

for her acting

ppl say her acting no good bt personally i feel shes one of those tat can really act

yes, I think Jeanette Aw puts effort into her roles.

3 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

So so ah? then don't watch liao haha

try out 2 - 3 episodes and see how you feel about it lor.

I watch mediacorp for acting only, have very low expectations on their story development. [grin]

6 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I'm not really a big TV fan so for me is not a must watch. i probably only watch 70~80% of the whole series. The story is kind of weak towards the end, which is common for local production. but it is probably one of the best local CH8 production in recent years. i would say it will be worth your time. 

Currently watching le prawn park. Alaric and Vanessa are quite funny. Star awards should also include our CH5 celebrities. Many only come to limelight after crossing over to mandarin shows. 

oh yes, saw the trailers but somehow missed it.

is it on Ch 5 or mewatch only ?

seems like nowadays some content is mewatch only.

58 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

Her mountains big meh? :D

If compared to Margaret Lee., her mountains are small la. But think her mountains become quite big in some period?!

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Never like Mark Lee and find he always talk yaya and big. And he ages quite bad also, think he is only 52 this year and his face and skin complexion maintain quite badly.

theres one more guy worse than mark lee

but dunno his name

foul mouth n does live streaming

If I am a veteran actors and had won many awards in the past, I would gladly steps aside and reject further Awards.  :we-all-gonna-die:

Should have left it to those new stars to vie for the top award. That's only way to encourage them to work harder next time and find new Stars. If not how they going to gather fans with all the old stars keep coming out to fight with new ones.   :pissed-off: 

So "gain peng" for the award meh .... :lll._.:

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Average only la!

No one  mention QYF?

pianz ... i also dunno why her YF + meimei program can run so many episodes. 

could have allocated that slot to more useful programs. 

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If compared to Margaret Lee., her mountains are small la. But think her mountains become quite big in some period?!

You really a good observant of women ... :a-m1212:

@SiLangKia have to pai you sifu ... [sunny]

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Blueray said:

yes, I think Jeanette Aw puts effort into her roles.

try out 2 - 3 episodes and see how you feel about it lor.

I watch mediacorp for acting only, have very low expectations on their story development. [grin]

oh yes, saw the trailers but somehow missed it.

is it on Ch 5 or mewatch only ?

seems like nowadays some content is mewatch only.

It was on ch 5 coz I watch one episode there. I watched the rest on mewatch as I don't know if it is still board casting on the tv. 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Blueray said:

pianz ... i also dunno why her YF + meimei program can run so many episodes. 

could have allocated that slot to more useful programs. 

Mediacorpse creates special opportunities for her?

1 minute ago, Beehive3783 said:

QYF? No thanks... even if big, I also won't look :D

Mai hiam buay pai la!🤣 Mark Kor also appreciates le!

28 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ok ok... Here's a #throwback to 2005 Lynn Poh :D

https://youtu.be/tB0zwym7U-k

LOL how to embed ah? :D

Edited by Beehive3783
  • Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Channel 5 pool of artistes too small to have their own star awards. But if include them in Channel 8 star awards like not the same frequency le? Lol. Pierre Png is the one who cross from Channel 5 to Channel 8 and now become well known. If he stay on Channel 5, maybe he might not become so popular? But there are also quite a few Channel 8 artistes who cross over to Channel 5 to act.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement