Star Awards 2021

Thaiyotakamli

Supercharged
9 hours ago, Jman888 said:

I was ok with her singing before she join sing china, i watched a few of her musical singing were ok. But after sing china become 走火入魔。

No wonder her hair turned pink.. 😆

↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, Beregond said:

dun know how to describe

her age and time is against her. she only got a very limited period to make it

i think she try too hard to stand out or be relevant.

Didnt know Joanne Dong already 39 this year liao! Anyway, dont find her has the audience charisma in her.

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Blueray said:

yes, her forte is jazzy and there is limited audience in that.

I can't appreciate her style of singing even from  Sing China time. Between her and Nathan, I find Nathan much better.

er .... one is airport and one is mountain lei ... [grin]

some of her TV apperarances gave me the impression she is quite yyppy.

Referring to one of the national day songs, I find her singing very tiring. As in she put too much effort into every single note. 

• Haha! 1

48 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

some of her TV apperarances gave me the impression she is quite yyppy.

Referring to one of the national day songs, I find her singing very tiring. As in she put too much effort into every single note. 

maybe trying too hard to differentiate herself from the other local singers lor.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Blueray said:

I find it quite ok.....sounded very retro, like songs from the 40s.  But the emulation of the trumpet notes, that is not necessary. 

Maybe I old school...but I can understand why the younger audience will find it hard to appreciate.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

This thread still going strong sia.... didnt know so many people still tuned to SBC nowadays. Maybe SBC shd give up on their shitty programs and move to CAT III types of shows, may be a good boost. I recommend Margaret Lee for cougars t

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Estrangable said:

This thread still going strong sia.... didnt know so many people still tuned to SBC nowadays. Maybe SBC shd give up on their shitty programs and move to CAT III types of shows, may be a good boost. I recommend Margaret Lee for cougars t

Most of us here are 40ish to 60ish years old. We grew up with these actors/actresses, what do you expect even though we are not so keen followers like before. To me there is no shame in reconciling with my past as I used to follow the local chinese dramas when teenager, nothing much else to do then and they were quite am important part of my leisure activities back then. So no apologies lah.

• Praise 1

@Heartlander U mistaken... i am just surprised that people still watches mediacorp shows and are genuinely interested in their awards cos there are so many options available . Even my mum stopped watching these and started on korean stuffs. Folks my age group dont even bother tuning into TV stations anymore actually. Just my 2 cents. Peace. 

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Estrangable said:

You super long time no watch local tv show? Still stop at SBC era ah? [:p] No more SBC since 1994 liao.

25 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Most of us here are 40ish to 60ish years old. We grew up with these actors/actresses, what do you expect even though we are not so keen followers like before. To me there is no shame in reconciling with my past as I used to follow the local chinese dramas when teenager, nothing much else to do then and they were quite am important part of my leisure activities back then. So no apologies lah.

i miss sbc drama like 迷离夜.

they dun make such drama anymore😐

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Her singing skill aside

anyone find joanna dong resemble xiang yun? Lol

Why no one talk about the violinist beside her. :slow:

Chio ... [thumbsup]

29 minutes ago, Estrangable said:

@Heartlander U mistaken... i am just surprised that people still watches mediacorp shows and are genuinely interested in their awards cos there are so many options available . Even my mum stopped watching these and started on korean stuffs. Folks my age group dont even bother tuning into TV stations anymore actually. Just my 2 cents. Peace. 

I'm only here for the mountains... As you know, SG only has one pathetic hill called Bt Timah Hill :D

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i miss sbc drama like 迷离夜.

they dun make such drama anymore😐

During the 80s and 90s drama was more nicer to watch.

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

During the 80s and 90s drama was more nicer to watch.

B'cos, Smart Phone, internet & wifi still not hot yet......   :darkmood: So watch SBC / TCS (80's & 90's) dramas....:lll._.:

Now, who watch TV when internet can watch so many channels from S Korea, Taiwan, China, UK, USA, .... etc.

NetFix movies [bounce2][bounce2]

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Haha! 2

16 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

B'cos, Smart Phone, internet & wifi still not hot yet......   :darkmood: So watch SBC / TCS (80's & 90's) dramas....:lll._.:

Now, who watch TV when internet can watch so many channels from S Korea, Taiwan, China, UK, USA, .... etc.

NetFix movies [bounce2][bounce2]

His observation is not wrong you know. It is true for music as well.

There is so much more substance and quality in the products of the 80s and 90s.

↡ Advertisement