Boot trunk unable to open by manual lever

Bluepica

Hi,

My car boot trunk suddenly unable to open with the manual lever, I have to use the remote control to open it. Even so, sometimes the trunk light lights up , sometime it doesn't.

I have missed 2 service in C&C for more than a year, if I send my car for them to fix this only item, will they entertain me?  or if not, which workshop should I go to?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

Hi,

My car boot trunk suddenly unable to open with the manual lever, I have to use the remote control to open it. Even so, sometimes the trunk light lights up , sometime it doesn't.

I have missed 2 service in C&C for more than a year, if I send my car for them to fix this only item, will they entertain me?  or if not, which workshop should I go to?

Thanks.

Your rear seat can fold or not? Fold it down, climb into the boot, press remote and then kick/push upwards.

Did you reverse and bang the wall is it? How can it suddenly unable to open?

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
24 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

Hi,

Thanks.

C&C will sure entertain you lah. 🙂 After all you are still a customer.

For boot wise, you can just go to any workshop for a check. If you manual lever is mechanic one, it will be easier to spot the repair, if is electronic one, then I think will trial and error a bit. Or maybe the OBD scanner can detect what is the fault code.

7 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

C&C will sure entertain you lah. 🙂 After all you are still a customer.

For boot wise, you can just go to any workshop for a check. If you manual lever is mechanic one, it will be easier to spot the repair, if is electronic one, then I think will trial and error a bit. Or maybe the OBD scanner can detect what is the fault code.

Most probably something is caught in the catch mechanism. OBD cannot pick up unless you put a sensor there. LoL...

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Most probably something is caught in the catch mechanism. OBD cannot pick up unless you put a sensor there. LoL...

I dunno what car TS is driving, my lau pok chia is mechanic one. hahha.

50 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

an a year, if I send my car for them to fix this only item, will they entertain me?  or if not, which workshop should I go to?

why not if u are a paying customer??

u talking about claiming warrently for free repair???

if your car is new and within warrently. even if u miss servicing, what does engine oil got to do with the boot not opening??? no reason cannot also 

• Haha! 1

Just now, Beregond said:

why not if u are a paying customer??

u talking about claiming warrently for free repair???

if your car is new and within warrently. even if u miss servicing, what does engine oil got to do with the boot not opening??? no reason cannot also 

He scared ppl boh hue him becos he did not go back to them for servicing.

• Haha! 1

That's exactly the reason I go back to AD till my warranty expire. 

While I pay more for servicing, there is also the element of insurance that it covers all the nitty gritty or expensive non wear and tear stuffs on the car. Eg . Air con system. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

That's exactly the reason I go back to AD till my warranty expire. 

While I pay more for servicing, there is also the element of insurance that it covers all the nitty gritty or expensive non wear and tear stuffs on the car. Eg . Air con system. 

Generally speaking things only start to break down after the expire of warranty.😟

29 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Generally speaking things only start to break down after the expire of warranty.😟

If unlucky might kana. 

Me car 1st owner told me the air con compressor was changed on the 2nd year. Foc of course. 

So all depends on luck I guess. 

@Watwheels can fold but release knob is inside boot... boot still can open with key remote control lo... just that the mechanic lever can pull but the boot not release... suspect something wrong along the mechanic cable.

7 minutes ago, Bluepica said:

@Watwheels can fold but release knob is inside boot... boot still can open with key remote control lo... just that the mechanic lever can pull but the boot not release... suspect something wrong along the mechanic cable.

Just strip out the trim in the trunk to check if the end of the cable moves.  Could be like bicycle brakes/gear cables, need adjustments after some time. 

• Praise 1

I think it could be due to the cable connecting to the hook comes loose. So, when you pull the lever, the hook is not released!

@Fitvip the trunk light also not turn on... not the bulb blown because occasionally it will turn on... i can't find the trunk light activator switch... btw I'm driving a kia cerato K3

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Bluepica said:

@Fitvip the trunk light also not turn on... not the bulb blown because occasionally it will turn on... i can't find the trunk light activator switch... btw I'm driving a kia cerato K3

Your truck cable release problem is still not solved? I am not familiar with Cerato's cable set up. Can't figure out how the trunk light is activated.

↡ Advertisement