3 hours ago, Mustank said:

Huh 2 decibels only ah

cars before 1 Jul 1999                                    105 decibels

cars from 1 Jul 1999 to 31 MAR 2023         103 decibels

cars from 1 Apr 2023                                        68 decibels

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

In order to eradicate car noise level is either to restrict car import of Super sport car i.e. car exhaust , adding muffler to soften and cushion the decibels impact , Tyres type ( soft or medium , tubeless may not help much , perhaps car tyre manufacturer can provide more detailed information. same apply for motorcycles and Loud loud Super car to maintain specification to LTA, NEA's requirements.

This can be a grey area, hover what i know generally noise decibels generated from loud exhaust pipes, Turbo charged engine and car tyres especially.[drivingcar]. No offence to any bros / sisters who owned such cars, I have friends who drives Ferrari, Maserati & Porsche too

On 4/8/2021 at 12:25 PM, RH1667 said:

This policy is good, but what about those Malaysia registered lorries and motorcycles? 

Lorries don't park at residential area at night. 

So not really affecting residents much... 

Yah... MY Motorcycles will be difficult. 

• Praise 1

On 4/9/2021 at 10:35 AM, Mustank said:

Everybody like sound 

how can there be shiok when there is no sound?

:grin:

Sometimes or rather most of the time, I prefer listening to the growl of the engine than our FM channels. 

Eventually we will live in a deaf and mute setting. 

And people get killed because they tot its mosquitoes, they started swatting while crossing, end up kanna swatted by EVs, yes, keep on stick their eyes onto the screens while crossing. 

• Praise 3

On 4/9/2021 at 12:42 PM, flat6 said:

cars before 1 Jul 1999                                    105 decibels

cars from 1 Jul 1999 to 31 MAR 2023         103 decibels

cars from 1 Apr 2023                                        68 decibels

Ya ...... Quite generous liao .....

103 - 68 = -|35dB|

Every -3dB is Half Power Point wor.

So there are 11.667 -3dB in -35dB

And hence, 0.5 ^ 11.667 = 0.0003

Or by 2023, Car need to be 3251 times quieter than before.

My Math OK bo ?

On 4/9/2021 at 9:53 AM, kobayashiGT said:

hahaha. like this one leh.

https://www.maxhaust-asia.com/

What's the fun having the sound from a speaker? 😂

Like that I might as well stay home and upgrade my vinyl set-ups. hahahahah.

This will fail inspection - forwarded msg from a car grp

maxhaust.jpg

Edited by shrjun

There are modified cars with loud exhaust purposely zooming around the estate and revving at midnight. Nothing was done because no one catch until residents got fed up and videoed.

Singapore here have many rules but not many law enforcers. In the end, there are a lot of open ends here.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

There are modified cars with loud exhaust purposely zooming around the estate and revving at midnight. Nothing was done because no one catch until residents got fed up and videoed.

Singapore here have many rules but not many law enforcers. In the end, there are a lot of open ends here.

I suggest the authorities to put way to complain to LTA on the OneService app. Just take a photo or video then they can come down. My side carpark also got some loud COE but dunno can run or not de cars. But I think those noisy MY bikers difficult lar, their summons also don’t need to pay liao and they can still run here and there in SG. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

We don’t have enough TP on expressway during the day.

Expect TP to appear in the middle of the night🤭

It either Govt to build AI in every lamp post or Household report lo

Turbocharged
On 5/1/2022 at 10:27 AM, Daniu82 said:

I suggest the authorities to put way to complain to LTA on the OneService app. Just take a photo or video then they can come down. My side carpark also got some loud COE but dunno can run or not de cars. But I think those noisy MY bikers difficult lar, their summons also don’t need to pay liao and they can still run here and there in SG. 

I truly cannot understand why the public is witnessing noisy and polluted vehicles but LTA is totally ignorance or not aware. Too shorthanded?

If public can forward their in-car video of any such culprits with licence plate number, sure can trace. Even HDB car parks have notice board to say police are using in-car cameras as evident. For each summon, public who provides such video get a cut. I am sure this is a win-win for everyone. 

• Praise 2

Supercharged
25 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I truly cannot understand why the public is witnessing noisy and polluted vehicles but LTA is totally ignorance or not aware. Too shorthanded?

If public can forward their in-car video of any such culprits with licence plate number, sure can trace. Even HDB car parks have notice board to say police are using in-car cameras as evident. For each summon, public who provides such video get a cut. I am sure this is a win-win for everyone. 

most pple (even TP/LTA) don't wanna work more than they have to, so we have to make them one...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2