Heng no more in running for PM

RadX

(edited)
3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Coming from a guy who don't even bother or to have the decency to dress appropriately (proper footwear not slippers) when addressing his audience at a suit/tie event as a representative of Gov Tech. 

Just because he thinks he's the Messiah of IT? Oh no, more likely it's because the Li surname carries a lot of weight here in Singapore. And that means respect don't have to be given from him. 

f**k this guy lah. If there's a 3rd gen Lee in political leadership, we're doomed. 

image.thumb.png.74c320673103d831b99db83b048decdd.pngimage.png.2277a60a33cc900db0993c328ff5a0cc.png

This one try too hard .  What is this bohemian? Hippy?  
Pwui!  No respect. 

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Can that numbar satu breaks the third generation curse...? I certainly pray so...just hand over gracefully...not necessarily to gracefoolly...😁

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Even Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos and the late Steve Jobs all wore smart casual. By this definition, it means a proper top (no T shirts) and jeans with covered shoes.

Doesn't hurt anyone a bit to throw on a casual blazer over that T shirt, and switch to sneakers to complete the hippy IT look. 

Black turtleneck with jeans (Job's trademark), proper covered footwear (sneakers, loafers etc) were now commonly done at tech events. 

Not really. At least its adidas... :D

But seriously, makes the grandson look like a try hard.

1497.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

• Haha! 6

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Karoon said:

ZUckerberg is Zuckerberg.  Li is not

moreover zuckerberg is private , Li is govt 

no comparison at all, man

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 6

Can we crowdfund 10m for HSK to do a grand reveal of wtf was going on? That will be his PM salary for 5 years... he won't say no 

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Lol. If it's a formal event, in which everyone else turn up in a suit, he should do the same and not be a Silicon Valley wannabe try hard. 

You see how Zuckerberg wear to suit the occasion when its expected to be a formal event...

image.png

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Always remind me of Tan Chuan Jin.

Outspoken and definitely a alpha but from minister become speaker of parliament...knn.

Those higher up probably feel threatened by him.

I would much prefer TCJ - articulate and sincere imho. Too bad kenna sidelined

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

ZUckerberg is Zuckerberg.  Li is not

moreover zuckerberg is private , Li is govt 

no comparison at all, man

Based on this alone anyone else would've been crossed out based on low eq, disrespect etc. But this fella got infinite immunity card 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Based on this alone anyone else would've been crossed out based on low eq, disrespect etc. But this fella got infinite immunity card 

No, i think you may be taking it 100% too literally, bro

if you are the boss of a non govvy company, not an employee, you make your own decisions a 100%, you can afford to dress like that and it willbe your call.  Not that i subscribe to it.
from the picture, i dont know who Zuckerberg was addressing.  I still prefer him properly dressed.  But zuckerberg is zuckerberg, he is KNOWN to dress like that. He is not trying too hard to be someone else or to prove a point.

Li?   A govvy employee, a scholar, adressing his colleagues in an official event as it looks, just isnt being respectful enough and clearly trying to hard. 

its not about having any immunity even if there was one, its about respect for oneself and others

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 7

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

My gut feel say ho ching to be finance minister. 

No problem for her to win a seat in GE.

Experiences in leading muit dollars institute.

Wife of incumbent PM.

Anyone can better her qualifications?

Verdict: I prefer ah Heng to carry on then.

giphy.gif

• Haha! 4

18 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Lol. If it's a formal event, in which everyone else turn up in a suit, he should do the same and not be a Silicon Valley wannabe try hard. 

You see how Zuckerberg wear to suit the occasion when its expected to be a formal event...

image.png

As the old adage goes ...... When in Rome .... do what the Romans do 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

My gut feel say ho ching to be finance minister. 

No problem for her to win a seat in GE.

Experiences in leading muit dollars institute.

Wife of incumbent PM.

Anyone can better her qualifications?

Verdict: I prefer ah Heng to carry on then.

Why be a mere finance minister when you are already the Khaleesi...

3 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

based on your criteria, then CCS is the one already.

He also got the iron to speak his mind just like the dead one.

from the current circus, I think OYK more straight talker. but he also looks damn crafty. [sly]

GE2020 results not why I stepped aside: DPM Heng

The results of last year's general election, and in East Coast GRC in particular, are not why Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat decided to step aside as leader of the People's Action Party's fourth-generation (4G) team, he said yesterday.

Responding to a question, he reiterated that his decision to do so was because of his age, and the fact that the Covid-19 crisis will not come to an end soon.

Mr Heng, who is 60 this year, noted that Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will stay on as prime minister to see Singapore through the crisis.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/ge2020-results-not-why-i-stepped-aside-dpm-heng

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Maybe we can write to Obama and ask him whether he's keen on being our PM? He's one year younger than Heng. Just saying.

Aiyoh, but he didnt work the grassroots and he aint no General leh....

Prev 3 pm all tall tall above 1.8m

next pm should be tall too

we should see no far 

when i hear tall someone immediately comes to my mind

@Adrianli for PM 💪💪😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 8