Prince Philip dies age 99. Rip.

StreetFight3r

Supersonic
7 hours ago, Beregond said:

Weird huh . How come he is prince?

He marry the queen. So he should be crown king? 

He married a princess. Then her father, the king died.

She became the queen. He's an outsider, a prince of Greece and Denmark, dropped his titles and became Duke of Edinburgh, and Queen's consort.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
On 4/10/2021 at 9:54 AM, Beregond said:

On 4/10/2021 at 5:06 PM, Kb27 said:

He married a princess. Then her father, the king died.

She became the queen. He's an outsider, a prince of Greece and Denmark, dropped his titles and became Duke of Edinburgh, and Queen's consort.

If you marry the King, you will be called Queen but if you marry the Queen, you will not become the King because you are not in line to inherit the throne.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prince-philip-not-called-king/

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
On 4/9/2021 at 8:24 PM, Old-driver said:

I've just finished watching The Crown. he's still fresh in my mind.

RIP.

Interesting. I started watching it over the weekend. Addicted to it now. Only on Season 1 seems like Prince Philip was quite the prick as depicted in the series, at least based on  what I've watched so far.

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
4 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

If you marry the King, you will be called Queen but if you marry the Queen, you will not become the King because you are not in line to inherit the throne.

well, it's quite confusing. i'm about to give up, not my business anyway.

it seems there will be a king charles, a queen kate.

• Praise 1

On 4/10/2021 at 9:54 AM, Beregond said:

The crown is only pass down to the royal bloodline. 

Her parents have two daughters. No male heir. So crown given to Queen E.

• Praise 2

@BabyBlade Spot on. By right, his children cannot adopt his adopted surname, Mountbatten. It was only after years of negotiation that the children have Mountbatten-Windsor  as their surname.

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
38 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

well, it's quite confusing. i'm about to give up, not my business anyway.

it seems there will be a king charles, a queen kate.

Another fun fact. But I'm gonna vomit blood haha.

Although Charles, the Prince of Wales, is presently heir to the throne, his wife Camilla will not be Queen when he becomes King. This is because if and when Charles becomes the King, the Duchess of Cornwall will take on the role of ‘Princess Consort’.

A Queen can be a Queen Consort (married to a King), a Queen Regnant (reigning in her own right) or a Queen Dowager (mother of the reigning Monarch).

Although technically Camilla should be Queen Consort when Charles succeeds his mother and becomes King, the couple have decided against that title. 

Clarence House has previously confirmed that Camilla will not take on the title of Queen Consort and instead will be known as Princess Consort.

This change was agreed at the time Charles and Camilla married in 2005 due to the controversial nature of their relationship following the death of Diana, Princess of Wales. 

At statement released by Clarence House this year said: “The intention is for the Duchess to be known as Princess Consort when the Prince accedes to the throne. This was announced at the time of the marriage and there has been absolutely no change at all.”

Internal Moderator
17 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

@BabyBlade Spot on. By right, his children cannot adopt his adopted surname, Mountbatten. It was only after years of negotiation that the children have Mountbatten-Windsor  as their surname.

And I learnt this from season one of The Crown with Prince Philip insisting for his children to taken on Mountbatten but was rejected. Haha.

• Praise 1

58 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

The crown is only pass down to the royal bloodline. 

Her parents have two daughters. No male heir. So crown given to Queen E.

actually does the queen got any brothers down that line??

if got. does the sons of the queen brothers got more right to be the next king??

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

actually does the queen got any brothers down that line??

if got. does the sons of the queen brothers got more right to be the next king??

Just look at their family tree and you will see very clearly who is eligible or next in line to the throne.

Typically the first born male will be heir, if no male heir it will be first born girl. If abdicate(like queen Elizabeth's unker king Edward, he gave up the crown so his younger bro George take the crown) the next male sibling will take the crown. If no male sibiling...aiya who cares.

5e17677224fe1248eb288e84?width=750&forma

• Praise 1

54 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Just look at their family tree and you will see very clearly who is eligible or next in line to the throne.

Typically the first born male will be heir, if no male heir it will be first born girl. If abdicate(like queen Elizabeth's unker king Edward, he gave up the crown so his younger bro George take the crown) the next male sibling will take the crown. If no male sibiling...aiya who cares.

i watch too many period drama. lmao😂

And I learnt this from season one of The Crown with Prince Philip insisting for his children to taken on Mountbatten but was rejected. Haha.

Wow, The Crown included too? Steady. 😀

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
12 hours ago, Silver_blade said:

Wow, The Crown included too? Steady. 😀

Yes Season 1. Fresh in my memory.

• Praise 1

On 4/12/2021 at 12:15 PM, BabyBlade said:

Interesting. I started watching it over the weekend. Addicted to it now. Only on Season 1 seems like Prince Philip was quite the prick as depicted in the series, at least based on  what I've watched so far.

Isn't the term "Confident and Direct"? 😁

Because......he was certainly both.

Internal Moderator
33 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Isn't the term "Confident and Direct"? 😁

Because......he was certainly both.

Confident and direct sure, but you can be confident, direct AND still be a prick. 😆

1 minute ago, BabyBlade said:

Confident and direct sure, but you can be confident, direct AND still be a prick. 😆

Yeah, that was kinda my point..... My bad.

↡ Advertisement