NTUC Membership worth it?

kobayashiGT

Do you have a NTUC Membership?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a NTUC Membership?

• Yes
    • No

Internal Moderator

Do you guys own NTUC membership? And if you have, how do guys fully utilise the $117 membership fee per year?

image.thumb.png.c48d17ca99bc29c12ff880db2dc94264.png

↡ Advertisement

No leh. I never heard anyone say this membership is good. Now then I know have to pay $117 to become member.

Are there any petrol discount, road tax discount, erp/coe discount or not?

If no, then I rather use the $117 pump petrol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hardly ever go NTUC anyway. Either Cold Storage or Hao. For specialty stuff, Everyday Vegan Grocer or SuperNature. Sometimes Brown Rice Paradise. 

Very rarely NTUC. 

Never Sheng Siong. As in literally never set foot inside in my life kind.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
27 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Hardly ever go NTUC anyway. Either Cold Storage or Hao. For specialty stuff, Everyday Vegan Grocer or SuperNature. Sometimes Brown Rice Paradise. 

Very rarely NTUC. 

Elite spotted!

• Haha! 9

I do grocery mostly in fairprice, i also dont want to do the membership card, waste the space inside my wallet to put the card. 😂

• Haha! 6

59 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Very rarely NTUC. 

Hao not to my liking

fairprice finest or xtra better more fresh

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Very rarely NTUC. 

Different catchment area lah. 

Peasant like me usually shop at Fairprice and Sheng Siong and never at Cold Storage or Fairprice Finest. 

I feel like I have come home to my mum's place when I step foot in Sheng Siong. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Well worth it because I will pay $1, rather than $1.50.

See? Endorsed by my favourite NTUC idols 😄

image.thumb.png.6666f01d308feb21ca7c7a1117a04c65.png

$117 divide by $0.5 = 234 breakfast.

Okay lah. One year have 365 days, I only eat NTUC breakfast for 234 days if I wanna breakeven the membership fee. Fair enough. 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
21 minutes ago, RadX said:

had and gave up.....waste time and $$

Did you complete the 234 x $1 breakfast at NTUC Foodfare? hahahahahahaha.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Just now, kobayashiGT said:

Did you complete the 234 x $1 breakfast at NTUC Foodfare? hahahahahahaha.

spend time and $$ just to recoup that savings...thank u hor...my transport and time more precious...they can keep their VFM bf

• Haha! 4

12 hours ago, 13177 said:

I do grocery mostly in fairprice, i also dont want to do the membership card, waste the space inside my wallet to put the card. 😂

I also dont want. But my wife has one. She said that the membership card has more savings than the membership fee based on our grocery shopping trips as we frequent the Fairprice outlet near our place. Whenever I need to get anything from Fairprice, I use her card. So for us, the membership fee is worth it. Just get 1 per household and share use to clock the points. You will be surprised by how much you can redeem. Small small here and there, ends up in big savings over a year.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

$117 divide by $0.5 = 234 breakfast.

Okay lah. One year have 365 days, I only eat NTUC breakfast for 234 days if I wanna breakeven the membership fee. Fair enough. 🤣

Sorry lor, NTUC not stupid to let you makan for 234 days. You didn't see the promotion only valid for 2 months just before GE period? RadX was right, don't waste time 😂 

On a serious note, people who do frequent marketing at NTUC can save quite a fair bit lah. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

41 minutes ago, RadX said:

spend time and $$ just to recoup that savings...thank u hor...my transport and time more precious...they can keep their VFM bf

Think about it, paying someone to get yourself lock in with them and not able/willing to do price comparison on products. Ended up either paying more for products which may be cheaper else where, and/or buying useless items just so to hit that "SAVING"..:huh:

when a marketer tells you its waste time, you know its time to let it go.... [:p][laugh][laugh]

I dont like to support aunty lucy. See liao tulan. Dont understand why it is affiliated with some political party. Feels like part of the money I spent there is supporting them.  Ignore me if you dont like what I said. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2