kobayashiGT

Do you have a NTUC Membership?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a NTUC Membership?

• Yes
    • No

Internal Moderator
54 minutes ago, RadX said:

spend time and $$ just to recoup that savings...thank u hor...my transport and time more precious...they can keep their VFM bf

hahha. Take a slow walk to NTUC foodfair lah. Don't waste money drive there. hahahahahah.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
27 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I also dont want. But my wife has one. She said that the membership card has more savings than the membership fee based on our grocery shopping trips as we frequent the Fairprice outlet near our place. Whenever I need to get anything from Fairprice, I use her card. So for us, the membership fee is worth it. Just get 1 per household and share use to clock the points. You will be surprised by how much you can redeem. Small small here and there, ends up in big savings over a year.

What can the points do?

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Sorry lor, NTUC not stupid to let you makan for 234 days. You didn't see the promotion only valid for 2 months just before GE period? RadX was right, don't waste time 😂 

On a serious note, people who do frequent marketing at NTUC can save quite a fair bit lah. 

Aiyo. cannot lah. if i hoot 234 breakfast in the span of 60 days, I one day also need to eat 4 set, 4 kopi siew dai, 8 slices of bread and 8 soft boiled egg.

I can imagine my fart damn smelly just by thinking of it. 😂

• Haha! 3

24 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I also dont want. But my wife has one. She said that the membership card has more savings than the membership fee based on our grocery shopping trips as we frequent the Fairprice outlet near our place. Whenever I need to get anything from Fairprice, I use her card. So for us, the membership fee is worth it. Just get 1 per household and share use to clock the points. You will be surprised by how much you can redeem. Small small here and there, ends up in big savings over a year.

have you made a comparison on prices of products you buy most?

Sheng Siong BOC CC gives 8-12% rebates in cash every month, we get somewhere from $80-$100 each month.   Giant ( Dairy Farm) used to give 8% cash  discount with UOB delight card ( which has been discontinued recently)  which can be used to offset for next purchase, and their house brands get a 10% discount. Both dont have to pay a single cent to "BUY" a membership.

Most brands will take turn to do promotions with these supermarket chains, means when you want to buy something in bulk, check with the other supermarket first, usually one of them will have an item on promotion which the other chains dont. 

I was a FMCG marketer hor....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

What can the points do?

Either redeem those crockery or deduct $$$ from your purchases. My wife usually use the points to deduct our purchases.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Tianmo said:

have you made a comparison on prices of products you buy most?

Sheng Siong BOC CC gives 8-12% rebates in cash every month, we get somewhere from $80-$100 each month.   Giant ( Dairy Farm) used to give 8% cash  discount with UOB delight card ( which has been discontinued recently)  which can be used to offset for next purchase, and their house brands get a 10% discount. Both dont have to pay a single cent to "BUY" a membership.

Most brands will take turn to do promotions with these supermarket chains, means when you want to buy something in bulk, check with the other supermarket first, usually one of them will have an item on promotion which the other chains dont. 

I was a FMCG marketer hor....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

The nearest supermarket to our place is either Fairprice or Cold Storage. Sheng Siong will need to drive to Jalan Besar or AMK. We frequent the mall where Fairprice is every other weekend for meals so pretty convenient for us. Walking distance only.

11 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I dont like to support aunty lucy. See liao tulan. Dont understand why it is affiliated with some political party. Feels like part of the money I spent there is supporting them.  Ignore me if you dont like what I said. 

It is associated what, or rather it was set up the them mah.

But along the years, NTUC has lost its roots. 

It was set up as a co-operative,  and the main aim was to keep prices of basic food low and affordable. 

However, just look at what has become of them now.....-_-<_<

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

The nearest supermarket to our place is either Fairprice or Cold Storage. Sheng Siong will need to drive to Jalan Besar or AMK. We frequent the mall where Fairprice is every other weekend for meals so pretty convenient for us. Walking distance only.

Your area can also go to tpy or towner rd sheng siong.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

It is associated what, or rather it was set up the them mah.

But along the years, NTUC has lost its roots. 

It was set up as a co-operative,  and the main aim was to keep prices of basic food low and affordable. 

However, just look at what has become of them now.....-_-<_<

The name of the party says it all. 🙄

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Your area can also go to tpy or towner rd sheng siong.

Oh. Did not know Towner rd has one. It would be the same distance to the Jalan Besar one. Basically, at Balestier Road, turn left is Towner and turn right is Jalan Besar. Both also must drive.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Oh. Did not know Towner rd has one. It would be the same distance to the Jalan Besar one. Basically, at Balestier Road, turn left is Towner and turn right is Jalan Besar. Both also must drive.

I think Towner rd should be nearer. The Towner Rd sheng siong exact address is blk 108 McNair Rd. You no need to drive all the way to the traffic junction to turn to Towner, you can turn left along Balestier Rd after the Northlight school at Blk 123 McNair, then just go straight is Blk 108 liao. 

• Praise 2

You can enjoy annual rebate of 4% on your purchases. Almost every week, they will offer some items at 50% discount to members. 

I had it when it was "SILO". My work place offered some shares for us to buy to make us "share holders". So, they also give out annual dividend. In my case, I don't have to pay membership fee.

Now I spend less with ntuc. As peasants, we always go where peasants flock to, SS! More convenient. 😁

One more thing, a member can apply for a U-Plus VIsa Platinum Card without annual fee.

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Kangadrool said:

They have one "speciality" store in Joo Koon where you need to buy in "bulk", yet need a membership to do so.

I bought the membership, but I only go there once only

Sibei not worth it. 😂

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Sibei not worth it. 😂

Once in a blue moon, they will "parole" us and let those w/o this card to shop there. LOL

• Haha! 2

20 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

They have one "speciality" store in Joo Koon where you need to buy in "bulk", yet need a membership to do so.

Heard joo koon store no longer need membership to shop? But i find the items there too bulk liao, buy liao cannot finish. Lol.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Sibei not worth it. 😂

I just queue,  about near my turn, I just turn ard and ask the one behind if anyone can help me with the membership purchase. 

This one is one aunty cashier teach me one..... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic

must see what and how you shop.

for me, it's ang mo supermart. it has many items at lower price than ntuc.

ntuc with whatever points, membership you have to pay and being tied to it, does not work well for me.

if you really want to save money, just consume less.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4