Singapore Reckless Drivers Part X

RadX

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

You are good! I didn't know how to tell a fixie from a normal bike

I did read the MOT accepted the recommendations from Active Mobility Advisory Panel early this year.

But did think not yet banned. They only say in future.

if I am correct , brakeless bicycles are not allowed to be on the road on 25th Jan 2021 onwards.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/fixie-bicycles-fixed-gear-brakes-new-rules-cyclists-mot-14038222

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

if I am correct , brakeless bicycles are not allowed to be on the road on 25th Jan 2021 onwards.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/fixie-bicycles-fixed-gear-brakes-new-rules-cyclists-mot-14038222

25 Jan they announced they accept the panel recommendations but not implement yet. You can see it in the article link you attached or what I copy and paste below. 

On Monday (Jan 25), his prediction came true.

The Ministry of Transport (MOT) announced that brakeless bicycles will no longer be allowed on public paths and roads in future. It came after a review by the Active Mobility Advisory Panel, which cited the fatal accident involving the teenage girl in its report to the ministry.

"This was welcomed by the active mobility community, retailers and pedestrians," MOT said on Monday. "We will work closely with the panel to implement it. More details will be announced in due course."

• Praise 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

25 Jan they announced they accept the panel recommendations but not implement yet. You can see it in the article link you attached or what I copy and paste below. 

On Monday (Jan 25), his prediction came true.

The Ministry of Transport (MOT) announced that brakeless bicycles will no longer be allowed on public paths and roads in future. It came after a review by the Active Mobility Advisory Panel, which cited the fatal accident involving the teenage girl in its report to the ministry.

"This was welcomed by the active mobility community, retailers and pedestrians," MOT said on Monday. "We will work closely with the panel to implement it. More details will be announced in due course."

ah my oversight. Thanks for pointing that out. Now that with another death, there is urgency for them to implement it sooner. 

• Praise 1

Just now, Ct3833 said:

ah my oversight. Thanks for pointing that out. Now that with another death, there is urgency for them to implement it sooner. 

Yes. Actually this type of thing they should just implement it sooner. I mean they announce it on 25 Jan and it’s been so many months. It’s not like this is going to affect a lot people and their livelihood unlike previously when they ban PMD on footpath so what’s the delay?

Then again the type of bike may not be the main issue here. How many times have we seen reckless cyclist on the road? More need to be done on educating them, licensing them and it need to be done the sooner the better. 

• Praise 3

15 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

FIL drove off before MIL could get in the car.

:D

heng the car not in D when he alighted to close the rear door!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged

Talking about fixie, saw quite a handful of them rode by teens at Marina Promontory area. 

These days we have laws but ppl ignore and hard to enforce. 

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

These days we have laws but ppl ignore and hard to enforce. 

same as mask wearing too hahaha ..

7 hours ago, Jamesc said:

i am surprised he didnt notice mil was not in the car .. he should have been aware by the silence from the absence of any nagging .. 😄😄

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
8 hours ago, Jamesc said:

This type of Driver should be Deaf or Partial Deaf,when the Door not close,sure can hear Engine Sound,maybe Driver busy talking on the Phone.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

This type of Driver should be Deaf or Partial Deaf,when the Door not close,sure can hear Engine Sound,maybe Driver busy talking on the Phone.

He was enjoying the peace and quiet.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

How did the camerman know this would happen.

He filmed the lorry and then move to film the crane hitting the bridge.

I think the camerman parkat with the lorry driver.

Cannot be so chun one lah.

21 minutes ago, Blueray said:

• Haha! 4

Supercharged
11 hours ago, Jamesc said:

This is a good indication that uncle should seriously consider give up driving. Time to chill and let someone else do the driving.  

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Blueray said:

the van is an ase, but he got away with it.

the taxi lao cursing himself, ..........

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3