Singapore Reckless Drivers Part X

RadX

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Thanks for your advice.

I don’t brake and accelerate. I hold accelerator while taking corner.

If too fast, just gently lift-off. No abrupt movement.

A lot of high end car uses carbon ceramic brake just like F1.

i accelerate in a corner....😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Been teaching "Defensive Driving" in my last vocation for years. Never accelerate when entering the start of a bend. :a-noway: 

Be it normal vehicles, sports vehicles or even F1 cars, accelerate and entering a bend will skid. Look at Formula 1 cars, can see brakes lights 'on' when they just about at the tip of the bend. F1 cars can do it because the cars have special brakes system but for our drivng, better tap brakes 4 meters (12 feet) before reaching the tip of the bend in whatever speed you are drivng.  

Always make a fast tap on the brakes just as you enter the bend and can accelerate once you enter the bend (there are resons for it). But not accelerate before you enter a bend. 

Once you accelerate when entering into a bend and tap on the brakes, your vehicle front and rear wheels are not in alinement (100% straight but could be around 4 ~ 6 degree off because of the bend) resulting the pushing force causes the vehicle to skid. 

There are technics on how to take corners/bends even at the speed of 90km/h but I am not going to do it here as not everyone here are seasoned drivers. [lipsrsealed]

If one wants to know how, go for "Defesive Driving" course as there are many other things to learn in order to take (kup) corners/bends.   [drivingcar]

"Safe Drivng Brother"   [wave]

braking BEFORE a corner is common sense and intuitive

accelerating and holding the steer is how you nego the bend

these we dis shiok shiok on ADT adn IDT...priceless lessons

• Praise 3

10 minutes ago, RadX said:

braking BEFORE a corner is common sense and intuitive

accelerating and holding the steer is how you nego the bend

these we dis shiok shiok on ADT adn IDT...priceless lessons

Nowadays vehicles with so many electronic assist, drivers tends to forget their basic driving skills ....  :lll._.:

So sad ... [smallcry]

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Nowadays vehicles with so many electronic assist, drivers tends to forget their basic driving skills ....  :lll._.:

So sad ... [smallcry]

this is where learning manual helped a lot, you are in control to do what you want, and to heel toe at appropriate times to gain the most out of the situation

• Praise 2

43 minutes ago, RadX said:

this is where learning manual helped a lot, you are in control to do what you want, and to heel toe at appropriate times to gain the most out of the situation

My gas pedal is pivoted from the base instead of from the top and I find it hard to H&T, so I can't H&T. 

Or is it me rather than blaming on the pedal configuration? 

If I drive gently do I still need to H&T? 

Most of the time I do double clutching if I need to be quick or directly down gear at lower rpm if ample space and time. 

5 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

My gas pedal is pivoted from the base instead of from the top and I find it hard to H&T, so I can't H&T. 

Or is it me rather than blaming on the pedal configuration? 

If I drive gently do I still need to H&T? 

Most of the time I do double clutching if I need to be quick or directly down gear at lower rpm if ample space and time. 

That is the ideal confit for HT le where you angle the foot right.

3 minutes ago, RadX said:

That is the ideal confit for HT le where you angle the foot right.

Hmmm... I use big toe to ball joint area to brake. Find the gas pedal too low compared to the brake. Wait I twist my ankle instead. 

If you happen to see a car on an empty road brake like a noob, that's probably me practicing H&T 😂😬

• Haha! 1

(edited)
5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

experience tells me that when the road surface is damp after the rain stops, the surface is more slippery than when it is raining where there is  water on the surface.  Am i wrong?

For cars that are RWD the driver cannot do hard acceleration suddenly on wet roads. The acceleration has to be gradual. I am not saying the driver cannot drive fast on wet roads but the acceleration to faster speeds got to be slow and gradual. 

There is one Maserati in the blog who crashed into a tree along a wet expressway as well. Most likely the same thing happened.

When conditions are cold, tyres are cold, roads are wet it is a recipe for disaster especially for RWD cars.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 4

45 minutes ago, RadX said:

The crashed car is a manual and generally regarded as a very good handling car. Probably got agitated by road hogger playing with him and overlooked the road condition or the limitations of his rear-driven mid-engined car.

• Praise 1

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

The crashed car is a manual and generally regarded as a very good handling car. Probably got agitated by road hogger playing with him and overlooked the road condition or the limitations of his rear-driven mid-engined car.

I think this is Exige. It is either 3.5L NA or Supercharged.

It is likely he downshift and dump clutch too fast that resulted the car fishtailed.

Fishtail needs a lot of skill to save.

I had MRS. Car boh lat. Cannot fishtail.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 2

24 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

For cars that are RWD the driver cannot do hard acceleration suddenly on wet roads. The acceleration has to be gradual. I am not saying the driver cannot drive fast on wet roads but the acceleration to faster speeds got to be slow and gradual. 

There is one Maserati in the blog who crashed into a tree along a wet expressway as well. Most likely the same thing happened.

When conditions are cold, tyres are cold, roads are wet it is a recipe for disaster especially for RWD cars.

They also cannot totally release the throttle suddenly, especially at lower gears high RPMs. 

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Thousands of cars drive this road why only Lotus idiot crash?

And some of us drive very fast although not me hor in case TP reading this why we all never crash.

And the best thing is the Lotus was not going very fast and it wasn't a very difficult overtake.

:D

Lousy driver is lousy driver lah.

Must be tourador 😂😂

• Haha! 6

Low profile tyres with big rims are a bad combo in the wet as well. If you look at world rally cars or even F1 cars they use small rims with high profile tyres for maximum flexibility and traction with the surface they drive on. Drift cars that focus on drifting use big rims and low profile tyres make it easier to lose traction and spin the wheels.

AWD cars can spin and turn on wet roads as well if they do not keep their rims to stock size. And AWD cars are usually rear drive biased .

Why F1 cars like to keep the tyres warm with tyre warmers, there is a reason why cold tyres dont have good traction on the road.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

So sad ... [smallcry]

Wait till Tesla fill the roads. Don't even have to drive 😂

• Haha! 2