Singapore Reckless Drivers Part X

RadX

1 hour ago, Vid said:

The deceased was drunk. Lying on the road. But why did the article kept saying that he had "253mg of alcohol in every 100ml of blood. This was more than three times the prescribed driving limit of 80mg per 100ml"? He was NOT driving 🤷‍♂️

Exactly. The situation would have been the same if a pedestrian had fainted or their legs had suddenly given way, and a driver had blocked the road to try to protect them. 

Mentioning his BAC level and the circumstances should not be brought up as a mitigating factor unless the defense is trying to play on the piss-drunk racial-stereotype angle? Perish the thought, I'm sure it's unworthy of me. Not in a Singapore judicial system. Right? 🙄🙄🙄

I think the take home message here may be that no good deed goes unpunished. Maybe the correct way to protect a pedestrian in need is to park in a slanted way blocking both lanes (if it's just alongside the recumbent individual, motorbikes may have still run over him). I honestly dunno. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Video poster, please lah we all not so stupid

just see the bits of your cut here, cut there video

think we will support you.

I actually support the Merc driver because poster ran away.

If cam driver didn't do anything wrong, he would have been pissed

and talk to the Merc driver.

I hope the Merc driver rememer his car number and 

one fine day see him again and give him a piece of 

his mind or fist!

:D 

Selective posting, something must have happened before, why not show the whole incident? 

It is wrong and dangerous for cam car to cross the junction that way, if he  had wanted to avoid the merce driver, he should have just turned left instead. 

and the way he filtered out of both junctions are dangerous as well. I am not sure he was panicking or that was the usual way he drives, whichever the case, it is a very dangerous driving manner.

• Praise 2

(edited)
12 minutes ago, RadX said:

This  not sgp!! Msia car

abyway I have the carnage pic… orrible

the speed seems fast, if this is the normal video play back speed, then at least there were  two cars speeding .  and WTF! hope he dint kill the food delivery biker. 

Edited by Ct3833

10 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

the speed seems fast, if this is the normal video play back speed, then at least there were  two cars speeding .  and WTF! hope he dint kill the food delivery biker. 

See next pic

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Exactly. The situation would have been the same if a pedestrian had fainted or their legs had suddenly given way, and a driver had blocked the road to try to protect them. 

Mentioning his BAC level and the circumstances should not be brought up as a mitigating factor unless the defense is trying to play on the piss-drunk racial-stereotype angle? Perish the thought, I'm sure it's unworthy of me. Not in a Singapore judicial system. Right? 🙄🙄🙄

I think the take home message here may be that no good deed goes unpunished. Maybe the correct way to protect a pedestrian in need is to park in a slanted way blocking both lanes (if it's just alongside the recumbent individual, motorbikes may have still run over him). I honestly dunno. 

I just anyhowly select one section of Jln Bt Merah with a HDB carpark to illustrate what I think could have happened.

The driver could have been annoyed think that the taxi picked the wrong spot to alight a passenger and blocking her entry into her carpark. Quite a typical reaction (myself included) would be a sounding of horn, to which the taxi driver gestured her to pass). Most of us would then cast an annoyed glance at the taxi driver and not be looking at where we were going, assuming there was nothing in front of the taxi.

653060CE-CA43-4E2E-AF17-538A7496AEAC.jpeg

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

his mind or fist!

The cam car might have hit and run. So desperate have to cut through the junction illegally. 

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

I just anyhowly select one section of Jln Bt Merah with a HDB carpark to illustrate what I think could have happened.

The driver could have been annoyed think that the taxi picked the wrong spot to alight a passenger and blocking her entry into her carpark. Quite a typical reaction (myself included) would be a sounding of horn, to which the taxi driver gestured her to pass). Most of us would then cast an annoyed glance at the taxi driver and not be looking at where we were going, assuming there was nothing in front of the taxi.

True. The biggest issue with human drivers...actually human anything...is we can't control our emotions.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Selective posting, something must have happened before, why not show the whole incident? 

It is wrong and dangerous for cam car to cross the junction that way, if he  had wanted to avoid the merce driver, he should have just turned left instead. 

and the way he filtered out of both junctions are dangerous as well. I am not sure he was panicking or that was the usual way he drives, whichever the case, it is a very dangerous driving manner.

the left turn leads to a dead end and another roads loops back to this road. So he sure knows where he's going. but he dam hum chi la. instead of staying put to confront him he choose to run away like a coward while committing so many traffic offenses.

• Praise 3

Stopping 5m away from a person lying on the road

gives someone enough room to go around the taxi

and drive over the person.

• Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I recall a previous case years ago along cantonment road (can't really remember), where an old lady on a bike was knocked down by a lambo (?) and lying injured in the middle of 3 lanes. The lambo stopped on the rightmost lane, and a helpful (?) driver stopped on the left lane to render assistance, leaving the middle lane where the injured woman was lying as the only free lane. And a yellow sienta proceeded to run right over the injured woman, killing her. I had thought at that time, the driver that stopped to help really 好心作坏事

• Praise 1

(edited)

Instead of waving people to go around and drive over the body

isn't it better to move the body to the side of the road?

Unless you wanted to see some excitement.

Like this?

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, RadX said:
  Reveal hidden contents

E861866A-DAEE-4339-ACD8-566FAE35C32B.thumb.jpeg.fc7849e9cc42c3341e85bb0c88d35c0f.jpeg

This decease was a friend of mine, we used to work together many years back. I was shocked and upset knowing that he met in this accident and passed away. Seeing the photo really... Is not a good feeling at all.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Shocked 5
  • Sad 4

IMHO, I'll suggest leaving the body as it is.

- we may not know if there are any injuries, especially head and neck ones, remember it's a body in the dark..

• Praise 3

29 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

This decease was a friend of mine, we used to work together many years back. I was shocked and upset knowing that he met in this accident and passed away. Seeing the photo really... Is not a good feeling at all.

My condolences 

hope the family is ok and coping well

• Praise 2

(edited)
5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

his mind or fist!

I always believe never throw the first punch unless you're ready to take it all the way. Looked like Merc uncle provided a free life lesson to cam clown that fateful day. I hope the humiliation of running away with tail between legs can be compensated by posting this self pwn beedio LOL

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 5

5 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

This is the junction:

7CB191E6-A90A-4D6E-A254-16AB38021AFD.jpeg.c587e4cf7ef65a2561d04ff6a4c2849a.jpeg

Block 110, Jln Bukit Merah.

↡ Advertisement