Singapore Reckless Drivers Part X

RadX

(edited)
10 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Yeah the damage to my car is lighter than I expected. I always said the sienta bumpers are too low. My rear bumper lip is gone. Must have dropped off. Lol my wife picked up the Toyota badge from my boot

The driver was fine. He said he wanted to call TP.  I said I'm not going to wait and there's no need for TP anyway since no major injury.

It was raining and I just drove off after exchanging phone number and taking photos. 

I feel bit sorry for him actually. Its tough times for phv drivers and now kana this (even though its his fault).

As long as everyone is ok let the insurance handle it. Did the workshop mentioned claiming own damage repair or the other party insurance for the repair? 

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement

39 minutes ago, Kopites said:

As long as everyone is ok let the insurance handle it. Did the workshop mentioned claiming own damage repair or the other party insurance for the repair? 

3rd party. Let them sort it out. 

9 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Now no more accident free car.[shakehead]

6 year old car. Don't really bother me lah. Lol. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

48 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

3rd party. Let them sort it out. 

Good. Workshop willing to do the 3rd party claim for the repair mean quite a straight forward case.

Any replacement car as the survey/repair might take up a week at least. 

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Good. Workshop willing to do the 3rd party claim for the repair mean quite a straight forward case.

Any replacement car as the survey/repair might take up a week at least. 

I can't park at home or my workplace free (cos both are HDB parking). So never take up. They say got transport allowance on repair days. But i whatever.

Lol the workshop owner drove me home, 10min drive. 

My wife and kids will send/pick me up at work since its holidays.

• Praise 4

13 hours ago, Lala81 said:

There's no accident thread, so posted here.

The heavy showers this afternoon. Fallen tree partially fell onto mandai Road to sembawang Lane one (another small tree fell onto lane 3 also within few meters of each other). Stopped to signal left to change lane. Got rear ended by a Phv sienta within 2 seconds. 

This was medium impact. Worse than the other  minor times I've been rear ended. 

Sienta airbag activated. Thankfully my wife and kids are fine. My neck is slightly stiff but no biggie. 

Found out later at home that my car cam has not been recording for last 5 months. What the hell... 搞笑行动。though thankfully this incident reporting seems straight forward just from the photos alone. 

Sent to workshop Liao. 

20210615_154613_compress90.jpg

20210615_154420_compress17.jpg

20210615_192202.jpg

20210615_192336.jpg

Aiyoh... sian...

but, 全家人没事就好。

• Praise 8

14 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Aiyoh... sian...

but, 全家人没事就好。

yeah that's the most important. [flowerface]

• Praise 9

14 hours ago, Lala81 said:

There's no accident thread, so posted here.

The heavy showers this afternoon. Fallen tree partially fell onto mandai Road to sembawang Lane one (another small tree fell onto lane 3 also within few meters of each other). Stopped to signal left to change lane. Got rear ended by a Phv sienta within 2 seconds. 

This was medium impact. Worse than the other  minor times I've been rear ended. 

Sienta airbag activated. Thankfully my wife and kids are fine. My neck is slightly stiff but no biggie. 

Found out later at home that my car cam has not been recording for last 5 months. What the hell... 搞笑行动。though thankfully this incident reporting seems straight forward just from the photos alone. 

Sent to workshop Liao. 

Fist of all, family members are fine was the most important. :we-all-gonna-die:

Vehicle damages can be repaired.  

• Praise 9

Hypersonic
13 minutes ago, Mustank said:

If cam car is teksi, I think outcome different :grin:

Teksi lau will be shouting HUAT AHHHHHH!!!

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

OK, now i know even in the day, the flash of the camera will work... 😅

Side note: grew up near there, and used the road daily for many years. Didn't know the right-hand side all the new buildings are up already... My grandma used to stay in one of the blocks that got en-bloc'ed...

• Haha! 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Blueray said:

Every junction should have a red light camera. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 7

8 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Every junction should have a red light camera. 

will get plenty of contributors to nation building!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

(edited)
14 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Now no more accident free car.[shakehead]

@Lala81 is honest, so that's true.

But don't worry, the car will be "accident-free" again after he sells it, and it's put up for sale again by a dealer. 😁

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 5