Singapore Reckless Drivers Part X

RadX

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

6 year old car. Don't really bother me lah. Lol. 

Glad you're fine bro, but you may want to format your card every now and then..

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

I had a close call last evening along the AYE heading towards Jurong. Traffic was light at 9pm. I was on lane 3, signaled well in advance and filtered to lane 2 after clearing double-white lines. As I was halfway into lane 2, a white Ford Ranger type of heavy pick-up laden with vegetable crates came from lane 3 behind me at speed, and diagonally cut into lane 2. I saw him in time and swerved back to lane 1, avoiding a side impact. I don't think he even saw me from his heavily tinted glass windows.

It was a Johore registered vehicle rushing to get home. I am thankful to have avoided a major accident as we were both going at close to 90km/h. Even more thankful that I did not get entangled with a cross-border accident claim.  

• Praise 11

5 minutes ago, serenade said:

I had a close call last evening along the AYE heading towards Jurong. Traffic was light at 9pm. I was on lane 3, signaled well in advance and filtered to lane 2 after clearing double-white lines. As I was halfway into lane 2, a white Ford Ranger type of heavy pick-up laden with vegetable crates came from lane 3 behind me at speed, and diagonally cut into lane 2. I saw him in time and swerved back to lane 1, avoiding a side impact. I don't think he even saw me from his heavily tinted glass windows.

It was a Johore registered vehicle rushing to get home. I am thankful to have avoided a major accident as we were both going at close to 90km/h. Even more thankful that I did not get entangled with a cross-border accident claim.  

there are 3 things to avoid in sg road

1) jiu hu vehicles

2) bluesg cars

3) bicyles

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

7 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I can't park at home or my workplace free (cos both are HDB parking). So never take up. They say got transport allowance on repair days. But i whatever.

Lol the workshop owner drove me home, 10min drive. 

My wife and kids will send/pick me up at work since its holidays.

You can temporary transfer your season parking to the temporary replacement car via HDB app or website.

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/car-parks/season-parking/season-parking/transfer-procedure

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Ho2786 said:

there are 3 things to avoid in sg road

1) jiu hu vehicles

2) bluesg cars

3) bicyles

You forgot PHVs, taxis, and buses. [laugh]

• Haha! 3

Neutral Newbie

Hello can I check any one experience dealing with JDM automobile or 88 motor trading?

thanks

Twincharged
28 minutes ago, JXkoh said:

Hello can I check any one experience dealing with JDM automobile or 88 motor trading?

thanks

Hello,you posted in the wrong Thread...

11 minutes ago, desquest76 said:

This I agreed, my claim took 1.5 years to receive, luckily the MY bike got valid insurance

Without valid insurance, how to enter Sg?

11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Without valid insurance, how to enter Sg?

That I am not too sure, cos the company handling my claim, says that some cases, the bike has no insurance, they cannot proceed to claim. 

57 minutes ago, desquest76 said:

That I am not too sure, cos the company handling my claim, says that some cases, the bike has no insurance, they cannot proceed to claim. 

There are many many MY registered bikes and cars trapped in Singapore ever since last year, when the Causeway and Second Link closed. The riders have not gone back since. I suspect that unless the riders conscientiously renewed insurance remotely while stuck here, the MY bikes/cars on the roads of Singapore are mostly now without insurance. Unless LTA enforced these MY bikes and cars to do so. Which I doubt since these riders change their sleeping arrangements too frequently to contact them.   

On a different note, I was told that there are many SG registered cars stuck in MY. My close friend is one of them. When the road links were closed to passenger cars, Singaporeans came back by air and coach leaving their cars behind. My friend enquired about getting a truck to tow his car back and was told that SG side does not allow tow truck in just yet. Anyone else heard similar stories.

• Praise 2

59 minutes ago, serenade said:

There are many many MY registered bikes and cars trapped in Singapore ever since last year, when the Causeway and Second Link closed. The riders have not gone back since. I suspect that unless the riders conscientiously renewed insurance remotely while stuck here, the MY bikes/cars on the roads of Singapore are mostly now without insurance. Unless LTA enforced these MY bikes and cars to do so. Which I doubt since these riders change their sleeping arrangements too frequently to contact them.   

On a different note, I was told that there are many SG registered cars stuck in MY. My close friend is one of them. When the road links were closed to passenger cars, Singaporeans came back by air and coach leaving their cars behind. My friend enquired about getting a truck to tow his car back and was told that SG side does not allow tow truck in just yet. Anyone else heard similar stories.

I saw one Malaysia car in mscp never move one :XD:

• Haha! 2

44 minutes ago, Mustank said:

I saw one Malaysia car in mscp never move one :XD:

wow like that when borders re-open i wonder if they remember where they parked the car hahaha

• Haha! 1

On 5/24/2021 at 7:49 PM, Jellandross said:

China got death sentence?

If in SG can ask doctor certify depression at most sit few months settle liao.

No .. not really .. 

you probably come out a different person..,

go in dumb come out dummer 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1