Singapore Reckless Drivers Part X

RadX

On 4/17/2021 at 1:00 AM, Kb27 said:

6-year-old taken to hospital unconscious after car accident near Safra Toa Payoh; driver arrested

SINGAPORE - A six-year-old child was taken to hospital unconscious following a car accident in Lorong 6 Toa Payoh on Thursday (April 15) afternoon.

A 51-year-old male driver was arrested for a negligent act causing grievous hurt.

Chinese-language daily Lianhe Wanbao reported that the accident happened at a zebra crossing outside of Safra Toa Payoh at around 2.30pm.

The boy, who was with his mother, was trapped under the wheel of a white car, an eyewitness told Lianhe Wanbao.

Three passers-by attempted to lift the car to free the boy but were unable to do so until a member of the public offered a car jack, the paper reported.

The child's mother was seen to be distraught at the scene.

Police investigations are ongoing.

yq-safraacci-16042021.jpg?itok=rhFCZw5J&

Anyone has any updates on this?

Is the boy fine now?

Really hope he is

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

1 dead, 16 lorry passengers taken to hospital after PIE accident 

sorry to see someone has died. 

But the way I look at it, it is a matter of time such accident happen. I use part of BKE for work everyday, those lorry with full of Bangladesh workers running at 80 to 90km per hour, cutting in and out of the lane.   

Why are there no regulations to ensure every foreign worker is provided with at least a safe and seat-belted transport?

Who benefit from the cost savings?

Are foreign worker lives worth lesser than other human beings on the road?

Why are the policymakers not pushing through such agenda?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Strat said:

do they still have speed warning devices installed in lorries ,pickarp and vans? 

For "G'' Plate have SWD Beep Beep Beep,''Y'' Plate,smaller Lorry[up to 14 Feets] nothing,but bigger ones,have ''Limiter'' ,reach 65Km/h,Fuel Cut Out...but i think alot of Driver removed the Fuse.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

I might be wrong but I don’t think drivers can be workers and vice versa under the MOM law

Need to register the vocation as driver with mom.

Most of the times those task as driver also do some logistic works like ferry good/stuff as well. Worng perception that driver earn extra allowances. Infact their is fixed pay was no OT allowed relative to those work on site.

Many company won't task a newly arrived fw as driver unless they are already here at least a year. Can interest in simple english with the op room.

Someone mentioned ferry workers by bus. Yes. There are company that charter bus to ferry worker from dorm to site as it is more economical to do so. They are big company with each load 20 20 to 30 fw to and fro.  On road if happen to see lorry getting worker high chance those are sub con. 

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

For "G'' Plate have SWD Beep Beep Beep,''Y'' Plate,smaller Lorry[up to 14 Feets] nothing,but bigger ones,have ''Limiter'' ,reach 65Km/h,Fuel Cut Out...but i think alot of Driver removed the Fuse.

Some just taped it up with sound reducing material such as rockwool.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

I know you are very happy but there is no need to post it so many times. Seriously TP really have to work harder on these errant cyclists. 

But But But, they said only a few of them are arrant.
Just yesterday I see 3-4 of them running red light and riding dangerously and I don't drive that much.

• Haha! 1

45 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Bigger one cut the fuse, really meh? I see those tipper truck farker driving above 90. Even on 60 road drive like mofo.

• Shocked 1

37 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Some just taped it up with sound reducing material such as rockwool.

I hope they put those garbage collection truck reverse peee peee peee sound in those lorries. It will really blow their ear drums if they continue driving at fast speed.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Sian. After Covid all the goondo drivers/riders/cyclists are out in full force.

How I miss the lockdown period. Very light traffic, no goondo drivers/riders/cyclists, dont even see a TP.  Ah neh FW all staying inside the dorm.

I hope the diseaseX or whatever will come soon.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Happened to me a few weeks back on 25th March at junction of Boon Lay Way and Jurong Gateway. Taxi just dash across uncontrolled junction as I was otw to send my kids to childcare and all buckled up in Baby seats and managed to brake in time. Lucky I was driving slowly around 60km/h on a 70km/h stretch. Sent the video to TP/ LTA feedback. I guess in a way its good that they are changing more junctions to controlled ones with such reckless and impatient drivers.

• Haha! 1

And this evening otw to fetch my kids from Childcare. Same junction but from Filter Lane. Volkswagen Driver I guess colour blind and dashed out when I was pretty near. Fyi, my car is Sunflower Yellow colour. Super bright colour also cannot see. Lucky I managed to swerve to my right and there wasnt any vehicle on next lane. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

Why are there no regulations to ensure every foreign worker is provided with at least a safe and seat-belted transport?

Who benefit from the cost savings?

Are foreign worker lives worth lesser than other human beings on the road?

Why are the policymakers not pushing through such agenda?

Chances are if you trace the dotted lines... someone in Parliament knows someone in the Construction industry...

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

I might be wrong but I don’t think drivers can be workers and vice versa under the MOM law

I think that's true to a certain extend. Like I mentioned earlier, some companies have dedicated drivers. But my experience says otherwise. There may be loopholes like for construction companies only. That's all I can say. 😅😅😅