Singapore Reckless Drivers Part X

RadX

13 hours ago, ahn said:

Happened to me a few weeks back on 25th March at junction of Boon Lay Way and Jurong Gateway. Taxi just dash across uncontrolled junction as I was otw to send my kids to childcare and all buckled up in Baby seats and managed to brake in time. Lucky I was driving slowly around 60km/h on a 70km/h stretch. Sent the video to TP/ LTA feedback. I guess in a way its good that they are changing more junctions to controlled ones with such reckless and impatient drivers.

You are lucky, I wasn't. Now still waiting for the case to conclude almost 2 years after the collision.

I was hit by a farking 3 month old P Plater driving a rental car. Blindly followed the front car to turn right, and turned right into me when the front car already cleared me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 3

1 hour ago, Beehive3783 said:

You are lucky, I wasn't. Now still waiting for the case to conclude almost 2 years after the collision.

I was hit by a farking 3 month old P Plater driving a rental car. Blindly followed the front car to turn right, and turned right into me when the front car already cleared me.

Why is there a delay in settling the case..

1 hour ago, shrjun said:

Why is there a delay in settling the case..

I understand that a wait of such length is not uncommon, but another factor is the inefficiency of the workshop's appointed law firm.

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Why are there no regulations to ensure every foreign worker is provided with at least a safe and seat-belted transport?

Who benefit from the cost savings?

Are foreign worker lives worth lesser than other human beings on the road?

Why are the policymakers not pushing through such agenda?

I would expect has been celebrities like Tay Ping Hui to raise awareness and aristocrats such as Ho Ching to post on FB, then LTA will take action and enforcement. 

Unlike cyclists, foreigner workers on lorries don't block the road and bring inconvenience to our dear Audi ambassador, and to aristocrat Ho, the lives of foreign workers and their well being are of zero concern and it's not fashionable to repost on FB. If she cared, the very minister who said no foreign workers had came forward demanding for an apology would have already been sacked eons ago. 

When the dorms experienced Covid outbreak, workers being transported on lorries are still permitted, but had to maintain safe distancing and put the masks on. This shows Covid kills, but traffic accidents involving such transport doesn't. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Why can't car and bicycle live together?

:D

And I late to pick up my MIL.

image.png.77d3a23ad792535547c92960ca7b5136.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 12

20 hours ago, Didu said:

Judges ain't no saint. They're as human as you and me with the same weaknesses.

Yes. In the past a retired minister was caught drink driving too.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Beehive3783 said:

Situation is different. Audi obviously cutting queue and not forming up, give way for what?

If one is arsehole, other don't have to be arsehole as well (a bit of graciousness go long way). I have came across multiple time similar kind of arsholes, I rather let them go than cause accident and later regret (remember if they kill someone in this process they will serve only a few weeks/month jail).

Also in case of accident, he is not hitting from back so chances of getting his insurance paying 100% could be slim (I could be wrong).

Be safe.

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

If one is arsehole, other don't have to be arsehole as well (a bit of graciousness go long way). I have came across multiple time similar kind of arsholes, I rather let them go than cause accident and later regret (remember if they kill someone in this process they will serve only a few weeks/month jail).

Also in case of accident, he is not hitting from back so chances of getting his insurance paying 100% could be slim (I could be wrong).

Be safe.

Agree. Don’t take it upon yourself to out-ahole the ahole (thereby showing you’re a bigger ahole if you chose to be). Let them meet their match, don’t dirty your hands.

• Praise 3

11 hours ago, Beehive3783 said:

Wow! Thats bad man! I wonder if there is any way to expedite your case. 2 years is too long!

15 hours ago, commonjunks said:

Be safe.

Not giving way does not mean one is an arsehole.

I suppose there are many graceful folks like which may explain the increasing number of arseholes making use of graceful folks to make them look like fools :D

让你是礼貌,不让是道理。Signalling your intent does not give you right of way. Always remember that.

• Praise 8

13 hours ago, ahn said:

Wow! Thats bad man! I wonder if there is any way to expedite your case. 2 years is too long!

Concluding soon. Received offer to settle from the other party. But even so, it has been a month since I accepted that offer to settle. Really CMI this law firm.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:07 AM, Beehive3783 said:

Oh, i tot P Platers are not allowed/preferred to rent rental cars? Hmmm...

14 minutes ago, Lurpsexx said:

I don't remember any law regarding this. I guess it comes down to individual rental firm's risk appetite.

18 minutes ago, Lurpsexx said:

Most big rental firms will not rent to probationary drivers. For those firms that do, they will probably increase the insurance charge and/or the excess clauses in the rental contract. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beehive3783 said:

Not giving way does not mean one is an arsehole.

I suppose there are many graceful folks like which may explain the increasing number of arseholes making use of graceful folks to make them look like fools :D

让你是礼貌,不让是道理。Signalling your intent does not give you right of way. Always remember that.

Yeah after giving way to them, giving benefit of doubt so that these jokers can "last minute" exit, to my disgust they drove horribly in front of you, slower than chow turtle leaving a gap so big you can fit a 4-car train in front of them, stepping on brake for no reason unless they got third eye, eating in and out of lanes at the bends as if the wheels and steering input is f up. Early morning blood boil already and feel like a fool for being a nice guy.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 1