Singapore Reckless Drivers Part X

RadX

Supercharged
33 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Isn't it a requirement for the cyclist to stop, look, before proceeding? 

I say it a gain. They should not be allowed t ride across pedestrian crossings!

Think it's just a guideline, not a requirement. Ditto dismount and push blah blah blah

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now went NUS guild house had lunch. After parked car, gotta cross a zebra crossing. 

Saw a white BMW hatchback coming up slope, told my wife wait for car stop first. Never stop. Never even slow down. When passing us, the passenger still glanced at us. Well its a peaceful Saturday so just cool it. But to the a**holes inside that car (probably students)... a big FU.  Hope you  guys meet a cyclist soon. CCB. 

After lunch took the crossing again, waited for a van from the other direction to stop. I waved to say TY. The uncle waved back 👍🏼.  Uncle may the Heavens keep you away from a**hole road users. 

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 5

2 hours ago, Phluvcat said:

Just now went NUS guild house had lunch. After parked car, gotta cross a zebra crossing. 

Saw a white BMW hatchback coming up slope, told my wife wait for car stop first. Never stop. Never even slow down. When passing us, the passenger still glanced at us. Well its a peaceful Saturday so just cool it. But to the a**holes inside that car (probably students)... a big FU.  Hope you  guys meet a cyclist soon. CCB. 

After lunch took the crossing again, waited for a van from the other direction to stop. I waved to say TY. The uncle waved back 👍🏼.  Uncle may the Heavens keep you away from a**hole road users. 

Eye contact with the driver at the zebra crossings is necessary nowadays. Even if they stopped but didn't see you, you might still kanna as they begin accelerating, just when you stepped foot onto the crossing. It's definitely a good practice from you, holding your wife to wait for the car to stop first, and acknowledge the driver that you are crossing. 

This kind of CB BMW driver probably don't signal, give way and might blame pedestrians for not stopping at zebra crossings. It's not the first time I saw close shaves from the car in front of me at zebra crossings...

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

49 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Eye contact with the driver at the zebra crossings is necessary nowadays. Even if they stopped but didn't see you, you might still kanna as they begin accelerating, just when you stepped foot onto the crossing. It's definitely a good practice from you, holding your wife to wait for the car to stop first, and acknowledge the driver that you are crossing. 

This kind of CB BMW driver probably don't signal, give way and might blame pedestrians for not stopping at zebra crossings. It's not the first time I saw close shaves from the car in front of me at zebra crossings...

Agreed - eye contact is a must, else drivers will "di gong" and blow through the zebra crossing, stop line even if you have both feet on the tarmac.

I myself have even experienced already having both feet on the tarmac road, and an oncoming car actually beeped me to tell me to go back to the pavements and let him go first! What audacity!

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Isn't it a requirement for the cyclist to stop, look, before proceeding? 

I say it a gain. They should not be allowed t ride across pedestrian crossings!

cyclist dont need to take highway code so they may not know...

better make it a habit to slow down at pedestrian xing 

3 hours ago, Phluvcat said:

Saw a white BMW hatchback coming up slope, told my wife wait for car stop first. Never stop. Never even slow down. When passing us, the passenger still glanced at us. Well its a peaceful Saturday so just cool it. But to the a**holes inside that car (probably students)... a big FU.  Hope you  guys meet a cyclist soon. CCB

Help you summarize key points

• Haha! 7

1 hour ago, Comage said:

Agreed - eye contact is a must, else drivers will "di gong" and blow through the zebra crossing, stop line even if you have both feet on the tarmac.

I myself have even experienced already having both feet on the tarmac road, and an oncoming car actually beeped me to tell me to go back to the pavements and let him go first! What audacity!

Better to carry traffic lollipop when crossing roads at traffic crossings

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

12 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Good thing the biker did not fall down.

:D

Is that a PMD? If so........shiok man!!!

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Why tailgate for free parking.

Just ram the barrier lah.

Edited by Xers007

29 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I don't know where I am going.

But can rent a car for a day just drive anywhere lah

I want to say again, Bluesg is the new PMD.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3