European Super League

StreetFight3r

5 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

it was rumored that the UEFA tangled some further cash to match the ESL's funds...  so at the end of the day, it is not exactly fans that won... it was the financial gains (or potential) that prevailed.  Once these owners realised that their financial interests were not worse off, they can then issue these statements of withdrawals... 

The eerie silence of the all the respective owners were deafening... not 1 came out to address the plan or explain. 

There is also a possibility the Super league was announced as a leverage to gain biggest share price money with the uefa. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Kopites said:

These two teams owner aren't American. 

I didn’t want to stir feelings on this ESL n American ownership in particular as there are a lot of Man U n Pool fans in MCF but personally I resonated with this comment by Souness that the American owners of Pool n Man U were the main architects behind this** 

This is not to say that the other owners are angels as they were also part of the renegade 6 but I’ve nvr trusted American ownership of EPL clubs as they hv a different agenda from us fans which I’ve posted many times in the EPL thread.

Stan Kroenke at Arsenal also another milker.

**Perez of Real was identified as the main ringleader of this ESL together with Glazer of Man U

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/graeme-souness-liverpool-john-henry-23950520

• Praise 9

On the longer run, the FAs and govts will increase their scrutiny on future foreign ownerships of the football clubs in their leagues. This episode shows the distinct disconnect between the interest of the football world and the clubs owners. The owners do not care 1 bit on the football. They are in it for the commercial considerations only.  

Pool's owners purchased the club for a mere 300M pounds about 10 years ago and today, it is worth so many times over. However, it is clear that no amount of money is enough.  FSG has put their ownership on the line for this throw of the dice and they have failed. It is rumoured that the fan base will withdraw all support for the owners and it will be matter of time they start asking the owners to sell the club. 

separately, only the english clubs have withdrew. The remaining 6 clubs in Italy and Spain have yet to throw in the white flag. It is a matter of time I feel as I cant see how these 6 clubs can pull in the same financial potentials.       

• Praise 3

8 minutes ago, Kopites said:

It won't be a good thing for football in general as long as mnc are involved. Clubs are listed. 

The super league will come back maybe in a more curtailed model. Whether be it uefa/fifa/or billionaire owners they will continue to milk football as a whole.

Few fans carrying placards or backlashes from social media won't make these clubs withdrawn. 

I've been mostly weaned off football. Among all my friends, maybe 10+ or so who started watching soccer and played soccer in our school years.
Only 2 have a subscription which they share with only one paying account.

Certainly only one out of the two of them still watches, cos one is a man U fan and one is a LFC fan.

With the various avenues to consume media and entertainment, youtube etc etc etc. The young aren't going to gravitate to such sports anymore. And certainly Covid has weaned off many fans off football. 

While these brand names are still strong and mega earning machines, shouldn't mistake the trend that it will be as popular as ever. In fact it's almost a certainty that the popularity of such sports has peaked and is only going to wane.

• Praise 1

Mid week game with barca this week. Juventus next week .....isn't this what we fans craved?

A mid week game with northampton in mickey cup probably what those local english fans want...

I don't agree that the fans are the biggest winners out from this Super League saga.

To the teams that has signed up for Super League, they got their wish if rumours about UEFA dishing out huge sums of money to coax the English Teams out of it is true, then the Teams won. 

To UEFA, they won as they managed to disrupt the implementation of Super League. 

To the fans, sad to say, we will end up paying more to catch Champions League matches as the cost of organising this goes up.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Kopites said:

Mid week game with barca this week. Juventus next week .....isn't this what we fans craved?

A mid week game with northampton in mickey cup probably what those local english fans want...

No. cos that's what the CL/Europa is for.
If u don't get into the CL/europa spots, then how do you rejuvenate or renew the team to do so?

There's absolutely zero sporting reasons for this decision. It's just purely monetary/power grab from UEFA/National associations.

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Spring said:

I didn’t want to stir feelings on this ESL n American ownership in particular as there are a lot of Man U n Pool fans in MCF but personally I resonated with this comment by Souness that the American owners of Pool n Man U were the main architects behind this** 

This is not to say that the other owners are angels as they were also part of the renegade 6 but I’ve nvr trusted American ownership of EPL clubs as they hv a different agenda from us fans which I’ve posted many times in the EPL thread.

Stan Kroenke at Arsenal also another milker.

**Perez of Real was identified as the main ringleader of this ESL together with Glazer of Man U

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/graeme-souness-liverpool-john-henry-23950520

Nothing wrong bros.

Is friction.

The american buying (investing) in english football clubs definitely not for their love of english footballing culture. English tea?

They are all in for the potential financial gain.

Infact all owners regardless of nationality are in for the money. 

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

On the longer run, the FAs and govts will increase their scrutiny on future foreign ownerships of the football clubs in their leagues. This episode shows the distinct disconnect between the interest of the football world and the clubs owners. The owners do not care 1 bit on the football. They are in it for the commercial considerations only.  

Pool's owners purchased the club for a mere 300M pounds about 10 years ago and today, it is worth so many times over. However, it is clear that no amount of money is enough.  FSG has put their ownership on the line for this throw of the dice and they have failed. It is rumoured that the fan base will withdraw all support for the owners and it will be matter of time they start asking the owners to sell the club. 

separately, only the english clubs have withdrew. The remaining 6 clubs in Italy and Spain have yet to throw in the white flag. It is a matter of time I feel as I cant see how these 6 clubs can pull in the same financial potentials.       

Your first paragraph.

Isn't it irony that fans want to see big name player. Big investment. Big tv revenue but yet want to keep the club more gear toward local community.

7 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Your first paragraph.

Isn't it irony that fans want to see big name player. Big investment. Big tv revenue but yet want to keep the club more gear toward local community.

It is a fine balance between what the authorities want and what the owners want. when money is involved, perspectives and intentions can change very quickly.  

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I'm ecstatic Ed Woodward is gone after this failed coup! hahaha best news in 2021.

He wasted 1b of man u money 

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, 209752648026519 said:

I don't agree that the fans are the biggest winners out from this Super League saga.

To the teams that has signed up for Super League, they got their wish if rumours about UEFA dishing out huge sums of money to coax the English Teams out of it is true, then the Teams won. 

To UEFA, they won as they managed to disrupt the implementation of Super League. 

To the fans, sad to say, we will end up paying more to catch Champions League matches as the cost of organising this goes up.

Only plastic fans want this esl. They only  want to see super stars.

Real fans with passion  Want the agony when your team lose. The happiness and excitement when your team won.

When they clinch the title or get into top 4 to qualify  for ucl etc.

All these passion will  be gone with the esl. Cos team dun play there by merit.  Its cherry pick.

Football is nothing without passion.  Plastic fans will jump to other stuff when they get  bored.

And it will be the end of football.

• Praise 1

Laporta has reportedly already told manager Ronald Koeman of the proposal to join the Super League, and will soon speak with the team’s captains to reassure them about possible threats made by UEFA about banning them from certain competitions, such as the FIFA World Cup.

When it comes to football, dun mess with it

It's life n death 😁

• Haha! 3

Champions League should only have one club the champions of England.

CL was watered down so 4 clubs from England can take part.

Since its so diluted and 6 English clubs and 3 Spanish clubs joined the ESL

the CL should have 6 clubs from England and 3 from Spain and 3 from Italy.

:grin:

Remember when CL final is Spurs vs Pool

and Europa is Chelsea vs Arsenal?

That's why England should have 6 clubs in CL.

:D

7 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

It's life n death 😁

the papers in europe print 'ITS NUCLEAR WAR'🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1