European Super League

StreetFight3r

5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

bayern munich boss speak out, they refuse to join the ESL. because its not the answer to big club financial issue.

its players wages and agent fees.

It's a balance.

Clubs used to call the shots before Bosman ruling. But now it's player powers. And since each star player becomes so marketable and valuable, the player agents need to milk their cashcow. A pogba/neymar/haaland for example

Actually the american system is kinda more professional. Maybe cos it's all business over there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
19 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I thought the director of football already appointed last month?

Didn't know that

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

It's a balance.

Clubs used to call the shots before Bosman ruling. But now it's player powers. And since each star player becomes so marketable and valuable, the player agents need to milk their cashcow. A pogba/neymar/haaland for example

Actually the american system is kinda more professional. Maybe cos it's all business over there.

player power is true. they can demand crazy wages for their contract.

like pogba is demand 500k/week from man u now.

haaland is demanding 600k/week form the next club that want to sign him.

this dun mean club have to give in, u dun ever see bayern munich doing this. man c and chelsea spend alot on players also, but their highest paid playes not more then 200k per week.

once club start giving unsustainable wages to agent and players like barc and real keep doing , thing like ESL will start to rise up. cos they simply want more money to feed to cash diggers..

say the ESL take place, there is more money , soon wages will rise to 800k or even 1m per week. what then??

china super league is a good example, they simply overpay more then eu clubs to snatch players, now the league exploded, alot of club collapsing. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Heng. Our S.Leauge don't have this issue yet. 😂

Its a compliment to be invited to be a founding club of a new super league.

:D

Its like a beautiful girl with many admirers.

Stay at home and no one call like S league clubs is not so good leh.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

Spurs and Arsenal are probably in it for opportunistic reasons.. they are pretty far from making top 4 this season and their participation in the UCL in the last few seasons isn't too regular.  

Pool still face an uphill task to make top 4 this season as they might well need to overtake Leceister and West Ham come end of season.  

City and Utd has less to fear except that Utd is in quite a serious debt issue which the ESL monies will be pretty handy to alleviate the pressure. 

For the likes of RM, Barca and Juve - I think they are still trying to make the ESL work as their debt levels are at a pretty dangerous level. It may well mean survivall on a longer run.   

I expect Florentino Pevez to resign if the ESL really falls apart fully.  

My take is that the big 2 Spanish teams are so in need of $ that they instigated this ESL. The Milan teams hv failed to qualify for UCL for many seasons already and are living on their past glory and even had the cheek to push for permanent membership n hence joined in. The North London giants are as u hv rightfully pointed out, opportunist.

The American owners are profit driven hence this is a golden opportunity to enhance their investment.

I don't really know why City and Chelsea joined ESL. Possibly cos they also saw opportunity for asset enhancement or maybe they didn't want to miss the bandwagon?  All speculation on my part only.

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
34 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Its a compliment to be invited to be a founding club of a new super league.

Its like a beautiful girl with many admirers.

Stay at home and no one call like S league clubs is not so good leh.

Have you seen our latest S.Leauge? The camera they shoot got improved.

https://youtu.be/zeBnGS1j2tU

9 minutes ago, Spring said:

My take is that the big 2 Spanish teams are so in need of $ that they instigated this ESL. The Milan teams hv failed to qualify for UCL for many seasons already and are living on their past glory and even had the cheek to push for permanent membership n hence joined in. The North London giants are as u hv rightfully pointed out, opportunist.

The American owners are profit driven hence this is a golden opportunity to enhance their investment.

I don't really know why City and Chelsea joined ESL. Possibly cos they also saw opportunity for asset enhancement or maybe they didn't want to miss the bandwagon?  All speculation on my part only.

City do not need the money but they cant' miss out in a competition where all the big boys are. If not, they wont be able to attract top signings anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Spring said:

exactly, this 2 are the main culprit. its already too late for them, they already drop into the hole, which is why they so desperate for ESL.

U see the statement by real boss, he mention real lost 400m in 2 years? , if so they already break the financial fair play rules which they ownself come out with.

real should be kick out of UCL now, chelsea win by default. and ban from next year UCL.

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

City do not need the money but they cant' miss out in a competition where all the big boys are. If not, they wont be able to attract top signings anymore. 

True and I think the same goes for Chelsea as well and not a coincidence these 2 clubs were the first to pull out. 

• Praise 3

15 minutes ago, Spring said:

True and I think the same goes for Chelsea as well and not a coincidence these 2 clubs were the first to pull out. 

chelsea is the first. they were the last of the 12 to join, on the very last day. i think the board fear they will miss the big money train and kenna convince by the devil.

the rumours why chelsea is also the first club to pull out is because the board kenna wack by the big boss abramovich. no offical statement on this, from chelsea fans statement. 😊

( but they got a lousy draw this morning, its god punishment for believing in the devil.............)

Edited by Beregond
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

These 6 English FCs should be suspended from EPL 2020/21 season. What were they thinking of? 🤔 

Now water under the bridge already as all 6 hv pulled out. 

The authorities hv to tighten their regulation to ensure this doesn't happen again and whilst admittedly, the other 14 EPL clubs are left with a sour taste in their mouths; best to just repair the bad blood and move on. The big 6 need the EPL and more importantly EPL needs them to bring in TV viewership, sponsors, advertising etc which undoubtedly the big 6 hv a bigger pull.

A case of u scratch my back n I'll scratch yours as well. Best for all concerned to move on. And for us fans, let's focus on the action as I've enough of this distraction[thumbsdown]

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Clubs not invited to join ESL

always jealous.

I do see pics of fans putting up angry banners/posters in front of the stadiums from invited clubs, they screamed "the end of football" and many threaten to stop supporting their clubs. I am crazy fan of one of the clubs and has not missed a match on TV this year when my club is playing, I don't have the same level of anger like them even though I am curious what will happen to the PL2 and women teams.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Rm2s said:

I do see pics of fans putting up angry banners/posters in front of the stadiums from invited clubs, they screamed "the end of football" and many threaten to stop supporting their clubs. I am crazy fan of one of the clubs and has not missed a match on TV this year when my club is playing, I don't have the same level of anger like them even though I am curious what will happen to the PL2 and women teams.

ESP was committed to sharing money with smaller clubs and women teams.

Talking about greed I remember CL got seeding right?

Real Madrid and Barca always in Pot 1 and play all the easy teams and Pool always in Pot 2 even thought got 7 Champions League win and play all the tougher clubs.

Isn't all that greed too?

@Jamesc  Actually pot 1 for each CL year will have teams from last year's winner, europa winner and each of the 6 of highest ranking national league winner.

Edited by Rm2s
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1