European Super League

StreetFight3r

1 minute ago, Rm2s said:

@Jamesc  Actually pot 1 for each CL year will have teams from last year's winner, europa winner and each of the national league winner.

Why europa winner should be in Pot 1?

They came third in group stage.

Cannot even qualify for the next round themselves.

:D

↡ Advertisement

I am bias.

My club is one of the 12 founding members.

Maybe if never invited I might say ESL is bad.

Maybe I don't know.

There again if the 20 biggest clubs not in CL.

Maybe my small club will have a good chance of winning CL.

So if got ESL maybe CL winners might be Burnley?

5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Why europa winner should be in Pot 1?

They came third in group stage.

Cannot even qualify for the next round themselves.

Don't really know. May be JM can answer since he won before and now that he has more time 😀

• Haha! 1

Good news for Pool and Chelsea

Of the four extra slots available two will be allocated on the basis of past performance, to clubs with the highest UEFA coefficient that did not qualify for the Champions League automatically but did qualify for the Europa League.

On that basis, had the reform been in existence this season and the table looked how it did right now, both Liverpool and Chelsea, two of the agitators for a Super League, would be able to, depending on the outcome of domestic cup competition, gain access to Europe's most lucrative competition despite missing out on the top four.

8 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Good news for Pool and Chelsea

Of the four extra slots available two will be allocated on the basis of past performance, to clubs with the highest UEFA coefficient that did not qualify for the Champions League automatically but did qualify for the Europa League.

On that basis, had the reform been in existence this season and the table looked how it did right now, both Liverpool and Chelsea, two of the agitators for a Super League, would be able to, depending on the outcome of domestic cup competition, gain access to Europe's most lucrative competition despite missing out on the top four.

Mickey mouse cup winner no more auto europa slot.

Liverpool owner apologised to the fans...

I want to apologise to all the fans and supporters of Liverpool Football Club for the disruption I caused over the past 48 hours.

It goes without saying but should be said that the project put forward was never going to stand without the support of the fans. No-one ever thought differently in England. Over these 48 hours you were very clear that it would not stand. We heard you. I heard you.

And I want to apologise to Jürgen, to Billy, to the players and to everyone who works so hard at LFC to make our fans proud. They have absolutely no responsibility for this disruption. They were the most disrupted and unfairly so. This is what hurts most. They love your club and work to make you proud every single day.

I know the entire LFC team has the expertise, leadership and passion necessary to rebuild trust and help us move forward. More than a decade ago when we signed up for the challenges associated with football, we dreamed of what you dreamed of. And we’ve worked hard to improve your club. Our work isn’t done. And I hope you’ll understand that even when we make mistakes, we’re trying to work in your club’s best interests. In this endeavour I’ve let you down.

Again, I’m sorry, and I alone am responsible for the unnecessary negativity brought forward over the past couple of days. It’s something I won’t forget. And shows the power the fans have today and will rightly continue to have.

If there’s one thing this horrible pandemic has clearly shown, it’s how crucial fans are to our sport and to every sport. It’s shown in every empty stadium. It’s been an incredibly tough year for all of us; virtually no-one unaffected. It’s important that the Liverpool football family remains intact, vital and committed to what we’ve seen from you globally, with local gestures of kindness and support. I can promise you I will do whatever I can to further that.

Thanks for listening.

• Praise 2

this bugger already say it

he want the esl because he want to sign Haaland and Mbappe for real.

Perez believes the failure to establish the Super League will prevent the largest clubs from being able to afford the game's biggest stars, saying: "As for signings like [Erling] Haaland or [Kylian] Mbappe, they won't exist without the Super League.

he is very wrong, this 2 player will still play top football without real or the ESL.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12283442/european-super-league-real-madrid-president-florentino-perez-says-plans-are-not-dead-despite-withdrawals

i really hope to see barc and real fall like the italian giants.

• Praise 2

42 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Rumours said that the ESL still alive and on drawing board.... :wut:

The 3 elite clubs not afraid of the European Football Union ... :yuush:

seria A say they will ban juv if juv dun change their stand.

uefa say will ban barc and real from UCL  also.

lets see if they paper tiger.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3