European Super League

StreetFight3r

Supercharged

Shameful league. Haiz. 

Spurs. Wtf.

Gonna boycott watching these games. Just watch epl games.

Not going to pay a single cent to broadcasters to watch the super league. 

Hit them hard on the wallet and these yankess will know the pinch

I don't watch many sports. Certainly I don't really follow soccer... OK, football, lol, except occasionally world cup. When I have the time, I have the energy, it's at a sane time in sg and I can find a good free stream that doesn't keep freezing or going offline. So it's rare. 

But I know a little something about breakaway series attempts. Two sports I do follow had them. Formula 1, with the A1 grand prix (breakaway attempt from F1, but not really since still FIA sanctioned) and even earlier, Chess, with the PCA (a much more genuine breakaway attempt from FIDE). Both times, they failed after a few years of flailing about and are never talked about much nowadays. This will likely be the same.

• Praise 3

Here we go again . . .  Simi Super league ? it all about boredom clubs in Europa, really don't know whose wise idea  . . . anyway whoever it is/was, it's only top make the game expansion into something we soccer fans cannot dream about.

Its all about making extra mitra $$$ our of fans, we sure kana hit just to watch Champion League, it has drained us . . . Super League Cup, and it early moorning time slot, forget it . I need my slumber[sleeping]

Football interest has waned for me over the years and in particular due to covid.
But to me the national league and the european league is what's important.

The west ham, southampton, birmingham, preston north ends etc are part of the English footballing culture. That's what i grew up watching and would still want to watch. 

I don't support this super league and certainly not LFC's participation in this. 
The major clubs are important participants in the competition with their rich history and legacy, but it's also a legacy that is contributed by the so called lesser clubs.

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I support ESL

:D

Me second that.

Those clubs just want a bigger share of the price money.

Karma at play.

Back then when FA broke away to form english premier because biggest TV revenue it downgraded english First division to second tier. It pained me for 30 years!😓

Now no any different for those top clubs wanting to form an elites league with bigger share of price money.

Edited by Kopites

16 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

Here we go again . . .  Simi Super league ? it all about boredom clubs in Europa, really don't know whose wise idea  . . . anyway whoever it is/was, it's only top make the game expansion into something we soccer fans cannot dream about.

Its all about making extra mitra $$$ our of fans, we sure kana hit just to watch Champion League, it has drained us . . . Super League Cup, and it early moorning time slot, forget it . I need my slumber[sleeping]

If premier league can be such a success I don't see why the elite league won't likewise do the same. Bearing biggest share of price money translate to biggest name players. 

English premier itself already a good mirror.

10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Football interest has waned for me over the years and in particular due to covid.
But to me the national league and the european league is what's important.

The west ham, southampton, birmingham, preston north ends etc are part of the English footballing culture. That's what i grew up watching and would still want to watch. 

I don't support this super league and certainly not LFC's participation in this. 
The major clubs are important participants in the competition with their rich history and legacy, but it's also a legacy that is contributed by the so called lesser clubs.

No doubt those lesser name clubs represent english footballing culture but footballing market revolve around the top 6 / 8 premier clubs only. That is the cash cow.

Honestly nowadays I hardly wake up middle of the night when our team take on opponent other than premier league.

Aged. 😓

Edited by Kopites

Florentino Pevez claimed that all 12 clubs have signed a binding agreement. Looks like no way back no matter what happens. 

Judging from the managers and players' reaction, it is clear that all these agreements and decisions are only made at the owners' level. They are in this business only to profit out of it so that explains it all.  As long as their financial interests are protected, they won't be interested to reconsider. 

Each of the founding clubs stand to receive 100-250m just to join this competition and further money will be paid.  This is almost the equivalence of winning the domestic leagues and participating in the ucl every year.  

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1

Followed Man Utd since 1990. 

I like football because I like the concept of promotion, relegation, Champions play in the European Cup, the rest of the also-rans into UEFA Cup and FA Cup winner into Cup Winner's Cup. Particularly enjoy the intense regional rivalry between fans, managers and players, and the colourful abuse they dish to each other during games.

We will get none of that in the new ESL.

Sure the quality of games played at the ESL will be good, but we also get that in the UEFA Champions League. 

However, I'm certain the players are happy with this new ESL because they will be paid more and they get more intense competition weekly. They are the ones with the power, not the owners of the clubs. If they choose to walk away, their clubs won't be able to continue. But they won't walk away...

• Praise 3

32 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

This is almost the equivalence of winning the domestic leagues and participating in the ucl every year.  

You sold me.

Put like that how to say no?

Maybe other clubs also want to join.

think money talks at the end of the day, especially if the owners only have that frame of perspectives in mind. They must be well-informed how the public and football authorities will react. They went ahead and pressed the button anyway. It is clear to me that the money on offer is too good to turn down.   

Those clubs left behind will be in a worse off position as the competitions outside of the ESL will be perceived as secondary - not only in terms of competition but also of commercial value.   Hence, some of these 12 founding clubs must have made the decision for reasons of FOMO.  For clubs in deep debts such as Real and Barca, the financial contributions afforded may well guarantee the survival of the clubs for the next 10-15 years.  it is no brainer once the numbers add up.  

Why people only criticize Liverpool?

Arsenal also signed up, Chelsea signed up, Man City and Man Utd also signed up, Spurs also signed up.

Who only criticize Pool.

Even Gary prick Neville also criticize Pool but never criticize United.

So funny or is it just hypocrisy?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Soccer to me all along is about money money money. Since young ppl around me have been betting on soccer like crazy. So I never saw it as a sport and I avoided it, playing or betting. I dunno ppl are excited about the ball or money. Ppl can bet until totally broke. It is just evil when money is involved. Greed is only part of the picture.

58 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Followed Man Utd since 1990. 

I like football because I like the concept of promotion, relegation, Champions play in the European Cup, the rest of the also-rans into UEFA Cup and FA Cup winner into Cup Winner's Cup. Particularly enjoy the intense regional rivalry between fans, managers and players, and the colourful abuse they dish to each other during games.

We will get none of that in the new ESL.

Sure the quality of games played at the ESL will be good, but we also get that in the UEFA Champions League. 

However, I'm certain the players are happy with this new ESL because they will be paid more and they get more intense competition weekly. They are the ones with the power, not the owners of the clubs. If they choose to walk away, their clubs won't be able to continue. But they won't walk away...

the stakes are higher in champions league

esl gives off that ownself play ownself kind of vibes :XD:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

Florentino Pevez claimed that all 12 clubs have signed a binding agreement. Looks like no way back no matter what happens. 

Judging from the managers and players' reaction, it is clear that all these agreements and decisions are only made at the owners' level. They are in this business only to profit out of it so that explains it all.  As long as their financial interests are protected, they won't be interested to reconsider. 

Each of the founding clubs stand to receive 100-250m just to join this competition and further money will be paid.  This is almost the equivalence of winning the domestic leagues and participating in the ucl every year.  

Merely a midweek game whilst still playing over the weekend on their respective leagues.

If look deeper the fault rooted from the European league itself. A proposal to increase the games/participants resulting in a lesser share of price money amongst those biggest clubs. Who won't make noise?

Decades ago it was only the champion of respective league that participated in the european cup. Now you get the top 3/4/5 teams playing in the European cup (champion league/europa). Isn't that itself already a mini league formed on the back of tv revenue?

More backward more to the formation of premier league. It was a breakaway from the english division 1 with more revenue money coming from the global TV Network. Sky?

The international friendlies or rather internation mini league were also created on the back of more TV revenue.

Can go on and on...

Football has evolved. Gate receipt /advertisment/sponsor alone won't be able to sustain the skyhigh salaries demanded by in players/manager/agent.

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement