Earth day, what is your carbon footprint?

Wind30

Simi carbon footprint? Can eat wan or not?

The carbon on my slightly burnt char siew consider or not?

Lunch break coming. Better go enjoy my char siew png.

• Haha! 9

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

https://mycarbonfootprint.spgroup.com.sg/

I only put my two vacation trips to USA and it takes up like HALF my carbon footprint. I did not even include my work flights. I know flights burns carbon, but I did not know it is soo much. 

image.thumb.png.ad38852b59af384870be409b578e0f86.png

Cannot count liddat

ur flight carbon foot print need divide by 300-500 passengers lol

Turbocharged
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Cannot count liddat

I think they have divided already lah. SP Cannot make such a stupid mistake. but it was a BIG surprise to me that my half yearly vacation flights are so carbon intensive... 

the problem is the distance. Four flights to usa is around 50000km which is around 150 km a day... 

they say the carbon footprint of a 80% flight is Similar to driving solo per km.

imagine how bad it is now SQ flying so many planes at 10% load just to use their fuel bought from hedges??

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On ‎23‎/‎4‎/‎2021 at 12:54 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Cannot count liddat

Thats only if that 50% of the 300 - 500 passengers don't fart to add more carbon ...[grin]

:grin:

2 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

I have 2 Cars,1 is a 3 Litres,1 is a 2.5 Litres...i ate alot of Meat..so my Carbon Footprint very High.

Extremely high ..... :dizzy:

Eat more vegan but avoid big onions at all cost ... :we-all-gonna-die:

:XD:

Try to hold breath for 10 secs, breathe in 3 secs, and breathe out only 0.3 secs. It helps to save carbon footprint.

Or, go hibernate forever...

😆😆

Turbocharged

I did the survey. I am only slightly below SG average because I did not travel in a covid year. If I fly overseas for pleasure and work, will surely burst.

And there is almost no way I can get to the proposed sustainable level of 3000kg/yr even if I WFH and remove all my local commute. I am still above 3000. My spending on utilities and others are actually quite minimal. Only way is to reduce my eating or limit it to vegan options only.

All of you can be glib and sidestep what your true carbon footprint is, but if you are fortunate enough to have offspring - they’ll be the ones to have to deal with this generation’s extravagances.

Turbocharged

New Year. I realise it’s impossible for people to take action on climate.

even myself, I am not willing to stop flying for vacation. I don’t mind stopping flying for work. I thought flying for work is not really necessary most of the time.