A 7-year-old Taiwanese Boy In Coma After Being Thrown 20 Times In Judo Class

Ender

7 yrs old i think the body not full development, especially the brain. These coaches got no brain one issit? 

• Praise 4
  • Sad 1

Wow. I thought u only train like this in 3rd world countries? 

The coach has some serious mental deficiency. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

Taiwanese have the same tough love culture as the Japanese and Koreans when it comes to sport training. They are very serious in these trainings. However, even trainers in TW have voiced out that the Judo sensei was using the wrong method. He should have taught these kids how to break fall first, and the over-shoulder throw was too hard for these young kids.

TW has a lower fertility rate in Singapore and the parents there are equally as protective to their kids, if not more. Some vigilantes have already smashed the front façade of the judo school. I believe that Judo sensei (hearsay he didn't even have a license) will get a very harsh punishment after all the public outcry.

• Praise 3

The cb coach need to be thrown to the ground 270 times by someone double his size!!!. 

KNN, the boy is only 7 yrs old,  7 only,  and he farking threw him 7 times!!!!  [mad]   

• Praise 9

6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

The cb coach need to be thrown to the ground 270 times by someone double his size!!!. 

KNN, the boy is only 7 yrs old,  7 only,  and he farking threw him 7 times!!!!  [mad]   

throw him down from 27th floor better [laugh]

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 4

Turbocharged

sad... everyone love their kids... really need to be more selective in what classes you send your kids too.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

27 times... not 7...

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

throw him down from 27th floor better [laugh]

Yah man,  and if possible 7 times from the 27th floor....  [laugh][laugh][laugh] 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

10 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

27 times... not 7...

Total 27 times,  the coach threw him 7 times,  the rest were threw by the seniors... 

Read before attempt to correct. 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Yah man,  and if possible 7 times from the 27th floor....  [laugh][laugh][laugh] 

Got to carry his body to the 27 floors seven times so troublesome ....

Lay him flat on the road and steam roller him 27 times .... [mad]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Kids martial arts classes , best is to send to gym where there are a few instructors per classes thus odd for a mad dog instructors is lower as others instructors will stop him/her. Not full proof at least less likely an incident like the taiwan judo will happen!

I send my 4 years old son to TKD, per session always 4 to 5 instructors in the class.

10 minutes ago, D3badge said:

Kids martial arts classes , best is to send to gym where there are a few instructors per classes thus odd for a mad dog instructors is lower as others instructors will stop him/her. Not full proof at least less likely an incident like the taiwan judo will happen!

I send my 4 years old son to TKD, per session always 4 to 5 instructors in the class.

my girl coaching kids in TKD class, more play than actual sparing, who need to fight nowadays? [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Turbocharged

some coaches might have the mentality of "no pain no gain", "I went through the same training unscathed", "you are a chow geng" or a mix of all.

they have forgotten that unless it is life and death, safety should always come first. These kids are new learners, not Olympic class athletes.

may he be charged in court for torture and negligence and serve the appropriate jail time though this will never bring the child whole back to the parents.

• Praise 3

Actually I tried judo in jc for a while before I couldn't take the training. 

U only throw each other when it's like peers? Or same level?

When the coach or someone more skilled than you throws you, it's almost always they will hold onto your gi to soften landing. Or they move into position then do the throw without the momentum of you going off balance. 

I can't fathom a coach really throwing a child other than a demonstration or will sure hold onto the gi to let them have a soft landing. 

If an adult or older teen really throw such a  young boy. No matter how good u break the fall likely you will be winded. Cos all u do is to slap your arm to reduce the momentum. 

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

some coaches might have the mentality of "no pain no gain", "I went through the same training unscathed", "you are a chow geng" or a mix of all.

they have forgotten that unless it is life and death, safety should always come first. These kids are new learners, not Olympic class athletes.

may he be charged in court for torture and negligence and serve the appropriate jail time though this will never bring the child whole back to the parents.

7 years old kids join these class to have fun, and outdoor activities , some parents want to see if their kids can develop interest  in these area.

this coach is treating 7 years old kids like csm treating recruits 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Weez911 said:

TW has a lower fertility rate in Singapore and the parents there are equally as protective to their kids, if not more. Some vigilantes have already smashed the front façade of the judo school. I believe that Judo sensei (hearsay he didn't even have a license) will get a very harsh punishment after all the public outcry.

Really? I thought our latest TFR figure is hard to beat, in the wrong sense.

"Smash facade of judo school" sounds like something out of bruce lee movie [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1