Experts predict that a Punggol resale flat could fetch S$1 million flat within the next year or so

noobcarbuyer

Turbocharged

The 'experts', all of whom have no vested interest whatsoever 😛 ,come to this conclusion based on one anomaly... a 147sqm 2 storey loft flat.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

Nowdays it is a norm for people to sell their bto once reached 5 years MOP lo, no matter which location of the bto. And pricing all not say cheap la.

Many buy BTO (and some don’t even stay there) but wait for MOP to flip for profit.

Something is wrong somewhere ...

• Praise 1

52 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

https://mothership.sg/2020/08/punggol-hdb-loft/

Well, Mothership calls these lofts “evolved maisonettes”.

Copied :

Maisonettes vs HDB Loft Units – Are They The Same? 

No, they are not. 

One of the key differences between the maisonette and HDB loft unit is its layout. The bedrooms for maisonette units are all located on the second floor whereas HDB loft units have rooms on both the first and second floor. The floor area on the second floor is also slightly smaller compared to the first floor. 

Another difference is the flat type. You can find HDB loft units in new BTO projects such as Skyville@Dawson and Treelodge@Punggol under the 3Gen flat type. For maisonette units, they fall under the HDB executive maisonette flat type, which are no longer in production.

8 hours ago, Kxbc said:

I am just guessing only but I think Punggol area appeals to a certain age group between 25 to 35. 

The average age in this forum should be at least 45 if not more. So maybe that is why most of us here cannot understand the appeal of Punggol. Maybe those few who live there can educate us on the charms of Punggol?

I am personally not a fan as it is far from city (if you drive and also far if you don't live near the NE line stations). And the flats there seem pretty packed near to each other. But I see the charms of the large expanse of empty land near Conney island, though I find the sea view there pretty unappetizing.

What Charm? Charming bcos before development the area was famous as pig farms?

Many choose there because it had the most BTO units before the Biddari or other development. 

Mature housing estates also no launches....early 2000s

Yes the blocks were really built quite close and once new blocks were up.... blocking the view is one, the natural ventilation just around dusk is still blowing warm air..... due to heat trapped in the conrete blocks 

Difficult not to on air con. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Spurman said:

Kkn. Should ban such news. 

A "stage set up" prior to the main event to follow.

Cooling measures.

Such news publishing on the msm if not daily, weekly basis mean there are sufficient grounds for the intervention of government on property pricing.

Noting most of the news centre around public housings and not on those pte housings market.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3

12 hours ago, Khng8 said:

Many buy BTO (and some don’t even stay there) but wait for MOP to flip for profit.

By right if owner never stay there, the MOP period would not be counted de. Something really wrong somewhere.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
13 hours ago, Kopites said:

Son of punggol?

I thought he already jumped ship to become son of somewhere else already? 

Edited by Daniu82
He already jumped ship from son of AMK to Tampines

13 hours ago, Khng8 said:

yup...350k can sell for 600k or more..

then with the profit buy what ahhh...LPPL.....[laugh].

Unless downgrade and buy 3R flat..[laugh]

• Haha! 1

(edited)

The bad air pollution in the North East Region of Singapore is VERY real!  

Apparently at the beginning of the year, close to a HUNDRED students in a primary school in SENGKANG experienced eye irritation!

And my friend staying in Serangoon Gardens confirmed that he gets the "Burning Plastic" chemical smell from Pasir Gudung during the north east monsoon season at the end / beginning of the year. And his kid gets more asthma attacks whenever the air quality drops. The whole family also gets eye irritation whenever the smell comes.

Wonder why this is not more widely known! 

So all the North East Towns like Sengkang, Serangoon, Seletar, Punggol and Hougang have been suffering from this air pollution from Pasir Gudung for years?
Why then are the property value of the North East region so high? And more importantly, why is the government not doing anything about it?

When I viewed the Luxus hills launch at Seletar Hills a couple of years back, the launch price was close to $2000 psf! 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/70-students-experienced-eye-irritation-springdale-primary-school-14045684

70 students experienced unexplained ‘eye irritation’ at Springdale Primary School, investigations ongoing

SINGAPORE: About 70 students at Springdale Primary School experienced “eye irritation” on Monday (Jan 25), the school said in a statement on Tuesday, adding that it is unable to "ascertain the cause of the incident".

The school, which is located at Anchorvale, said that it “immediately attended to the students and alerted their parents”. 

Edited by noobcarbuyer
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

A "stage set up" prior to the main event to follow.

Cooling measures.

Such news publishing on the msm if not daily, weekly basis mean there are sufficient grounds for the intervention of government on property pricing.

Noting most of the news centre around public housings and not on those pte housings market.

Good. 😂

Please don't come and ka chiao those holding private property with more liang teh measures.

Go and disturb the HDB folk down the road. 

• Haha! 1

Did a quick check and woah. 

How are HDB prices in the North East so high?

Even Sengkang has flats hoping to sell at $900K? Doesn't anyone read the news?
Are parents not worried about the air pollution from Pasir Gudung affecting their kids, like how the 70 students at the Sengkang school were affected by the air pollution just this year? 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/70-students-experienced-eye-irritation-springdale-primary-school-14045684

183869696_Sengkang216C.PNG.ba7af88fddf52dbc7f893fcdb94edeff.PNG

538424157_361Hougang.PNG.0e1f8b96b6df09f4f256112f059f6409.PNG

1801010088_962Hougang.PNG.dc24e1669fd0f59fbb7a64d20e8b1f2c.PNG

(edited)
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Wa, bought at $468k but sold for $900k?! Really crazy siah!

Wow. this is crazy. 

Should have invested in the HDB market back in the mid-00's instead.  

I had the opportunity to buy over a relative's HDB flat back in 2006 or 2007 but didn't as I felt the returns on investment weren't fantastic given how the HDB market was in a funk back in the early 00's. Now want to buy also cannot. 

14 years worth of rental income would have covered most of the flat's price then, and I think if I sold it now it would have gained about 100% appreciation. Amazing returns. 

Edited by noobcarbuyer
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, Atonchia said:

What Charm? Charming bcos before development the area was famous as pig farms?

Many choose there because it had the most BTO units before the Biddari or other development. 

Mature housing estates also no launches....early 2000s

Yes the blocks were really built quite close and once new blocks were up.... blocking the view is one, the natural ventilation just around dusk is still blowing warm air..... due to heat trapped in the conrete blocks 

Difficult not to on air con. 

mai so gek sim. 😅 before bishan became a housing estate, it was also a cemetery. I remember paying my respects to my grandparents buried there when I was a kid. But look at it now. One of the more popular housing estates to stay in. I think Bishan also has a few million dollar HDB transactions. Who know but maybe Punggol might also have one soon.

When I drove into Punggol for the 1st time, I exclaimed to my wife "Wah, the flats are so close together." Roads mostly only 2 lanes - 1 going straight and the other straight/turn right. Must be tedious driving there on weekdays peak hours, waiting for the traffic light.

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
18 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Don't anyhow say average age is 45 years old. RadX said he Primary 3 only 😁

We usually discard outliers in our data analysis. 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1